Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

sPNkKkKkKkKk

#838 Take care (of yourself)
See you!
Best regards
Wishes.
etc.

1 respuesta
Hynan

#838 if u want to be more cool "cya"

2 respuestas
NocAB

#839 #840 #841 #842 Thank you! I sent it with "See you!". But anyway it's useful to know different forms to say "good bye" in an email. :)

#842 I just remember a profesor who sent us an email finishing it with "CU!" xD

autlos

"more cool" -> Cooler.

2 1 respuesta
S

#838 "Let's keep in touch" the statement, "let's keep in touch" seems to be the typical thing you say to a person you haven't seen in a while. Sometimes people mean it, sometimes they don't. You just have to take the risk and figure out what's on this person's mind. The other person may just be shy about approaching you. Good luck!

Hynan

#844 more cool is fine and doesnt seems like a refrigerator.

3 1 respuesta
sPNkKkKkKkKk

or "Let's stay in touch"

Gusete

#838 just for friends though i think its only in uk: "Cheers"

TTGS87

I also use "regards"

P

#846 But cool is a short adjective, doesn't it follow the rule? I have always read "cooler"!

1 respuesta
Kartalon

#850 You can use both, it's supposed to be said "cooler", but you will find the use of "more cool" quite frequent in order to avoid confusing it's meaning with refrigerator, as it's already been said.

1 respuesta
P

#851 But I think it's always obvious when you mean it as an adjective.
Saying cooler is way cooler. Ha! ;D

ElRuso

Cooler sounds so dumb. The cool way of saying cool is "kewl" now days, yo.
Never the less, MV is so much cooler then FC.

Fyn4r

I never say "cooler", it reminds me of this guy

.<

2 respuestas
T

#854 Who fuck is that guy?

1 respuesta
Fyn4r

#855 Cooller, a russian Quake III pro player

S

#854 Or maybe this guy? :D

1 respuesta
Fyn4r

#857 freezer >> cooler man :(

fl0recilla

Cooler sounds right to me

Prava

#816 Why? Nice accent ;) I just like the british much more than the american cause it sounds more "real".

1 respuesta
kcuestag

#860 To be honest it deppends on the location of the person in the country. For example, the accent of people from north England is quite hard to understand as they don't know how to properly pronounce the words, they tend to mix words together and talk crap.

Same happens in the US, it deppends on the location, as Texas for example, I hate their accent. :P

Other than that my favorite English accent is Australian for sure, quite funny, harder to understand too.

1 respuesta
Prava

#861 They don't know...? So, according to you people from Andalucia "don't know" how to speak, either, cause they keep eating many words, right?

Its not knowing, mate, its how you're used to it.

1 respuesta
kcuestag

#862 Well, you understood what I was trying to say. :P

PS: The E7 + E9 is doing great! :D

fl0recilla

I just got accepted into one of the most prestigious law schools in the US; i couldnt be happier :D

haha it is going to be so hard to sleep tonight xd

2 respuestas
kcuestag

#864 Congrats! I'm sure yo deserved it, enjoy it and give that opportunity a good use! :D

1 respuesta
fl0recilla

#865 Haha thanks, im SO excited!! I just got the acceptance email and its pretty late, so no one knows yet xd Im starting this july bc i have to take a pre-course before the classes start and in the meantime im reading some "how to excel on law school" books haha
I dont know anyone who has done the same thing so im kinda lost.. but thank you!

1 respuesta
kcuestag

#866 You could always sign into some american forums and ask for some help.

Enjoy it, and once again, congratulations. :P

JuanAnthony

I want to know more about the "Scouse" accent from Liverpool, but I canŽt find any real information about its sounds, etc.

Mineko

#864 Awesome news, congrats!

Hope you have a great time there and learn a lot. :)

sPNkKkKkKkKk

It's rewarding that more and more people can speak english in Spain compared to 10 years ago.

1 respuesta
Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales