Starbound

B

[14:43] <@fetalstar> <Starbi> Will there be physics that affect gameplay? Like the gravity gun in Half Life 2? Lol.
[14:43] <@Rho> it isn't planned i don't think, but never say never
[14:43] <@Tiy> We're probably not going to have half life style physics in there. But we're making the world really interactive
[14:43] <@Tiy> Monsters can kick chunks of dirt at you
[14:43] <@Tiy> explosions send dirt flying that lands somewhere else
[14:44] <@Rho
> yeah, dirt actually gets displaced

Esto me ha gustado:

[14:50] <@Tiy> NPCs will give you quests
[14:50] <@Tiy> rewards
[14:50] <@Tiy> have desires
[14:50] <@Tiy> they might send you across the entire galaxy to find a special kind of pot plant to decorate their home

xD

Te haran recorrer la galaxia para buscar algo para ellos, me gusta!

[15:13] <Salidenk> @Tiy It will be great to different color of the same monster in other planets!
[15:13] <@Tiy> Salidenk, monsters change more than just their colours ;)

Parece que habra gran variedad de monstruos ^!

Linkyd

Joder se sale.

La verdad que lo de las misiones va a tener su punto y encima acerlas coop mejor

metanoia

Tiene muy buena pinta. A ver cómo se lo curran para desarrollar tantas ideas.

U

Wow, terraria version mejorada! !! Habra que jugarlo :)
W

Veinx

Si el terraria me parece un puto juegazo, este que sera? fucking sold!

moar pixels :3

jadgix

Tiene una pinta sublime.

NeCriD_Cs

Vamos,que digais que el terraria que se mueve con wasd+espacio+raton tenga controles dificiles tiene cojones, mi sobrina de 3 años se paso el ojo de cŽthulu saltando a la comba.

En fin,la cuestion es quejarse y meter mierda por meter porque vamos.

Por mi parte el starbound este si es 1/4 parte de bueno de lo que es el terraria ya me merece la pena para comprarlo.

PocketAces

Leo algo de Co-o y me emociono.

Veo de qué va el juego.

Salgo del hilo xD

2 1 respuesta
NueveColas

#68 El título del thread a lo mejor te pilla demasiado arriba, porque creo que la única razón por la que no quieras sobreesforzar tu cuello de toro para que no leas (del diseñador de Terraria).

Aunque es normal pensar, no se, que el diseñador de Terraria cambia su estilo y se dedica hacer FPS, o Peter Molyneux produce el nuevo NFL 2013.

Bueno, de todas formas, gracias por el trolleo.

13 1 respuesta
Yandr0s

SOLD

PocketAces

#69 Trolleo? xD

Es mi opinión.

Pd. Pecas de fanboy xD

Pyronhell

Que no es por random trolleo, pero Tiyuri entró al equipo de Terraria después de salir este a la venta...

En otro orden de cosas, el juego tiene muy buena pinta y el apartado artístico me gusta mucho. A ver cuando podemos catarlo (y con suerte lo hacen cross-platform :P).

Sphere

Me gusta, me gusta mucho. Si lo hacen bien puede que obtenga el éxito que Spore habría llegado a obtener si no fuera por el lavado de cara brutal que le hicieron al juego para adaptarlo a todos los públicos.

Unfit

El concepto del juego me encanta parece que tiene muchas posibilidades para dar bastantes horas de diversión. Todo depende de que desarrollen bien el juego (variedad de items, enemigos, mundos, quest). También no tengo muy claro como va a ser el progreso. No se si simplemente vas de planeta en planeta y cuanto mas fuerte seas (equipo, nivel?) mas fuertes serán los enemigos o sera royo ciertos planetas tienen cierto nivel de dificultad. Un poco para compararlo con terraria, que no puedes coger e ir de primeras al hell. Pues lo mismo pero con los planetas. El caso es que voy a seguir este juego de cerca por que muchas veces imaginando juegos que me gustarían me he imaginado algo parecido a este.

1 respuesta
B

#74 Decian algo asi de planetas por niveles del 1 al 100 ...
Y tambien que aunque tengas el mejor equipo siempre sera un reto un planeta de nivel alto.

dovitodkb

6 1 respuesta
Jelco

Esto puede ser algo muy grande o una autentica mierda. En cualquier caso, DAME SIETE.

B

#76 Me encanta la diversidad de planetas... Con que me dejen coleccionar plantas y animales estare contento xD

Vegon

Todas las cosas que comentaron en el chat los desarrolladores hace un par de días, pero bien ordenadito.

Copypasteo vilmente:

Multiplayer

• “The whole universe will be available in both single and multiplayer. We’re looking at scaling the difficulty for multiplayer, but aside from that there’s no difference.”

• The complete story, quests and universe will all be available in multiplayer; so you can do the whole game with friends

• Multiplayer numbers should be per server and go up to large numbers

• “Our test server is running on a terrible connection and we’ve had around 10 people in with zero troubles”

• “Latency is pretty well handled at the moment; I play with a friend from Australia and I’m in the UK”

• There will be PVP – “we’re looking at creating premade “Arena asteroids” that you can visit to play in an organised game mode that will keep score, etc”

NPC’s

• There is no limit to the amount of NPC’s you can have as part of your crew

• There is a limit to how many NPC’s can occupy the Space Station as each has a specific role to fulfill

• Any surplus NPC’s can be placed on your home world where they will “set up base, have needs, and send you on random quests”

• There may or may not be factions – humanoids of certain similarities will work together though

• Saving NPCs is a big part of expanding your space station

• “There are times you will have to actively carry NPCs off of a planet with your hands full, so you won’t be able to use your guns. Your friends will really need to help you”

• NPCs will have their own homes and will send you on quests like sending you “across the entire galaxy to find a special kind of pot plant to decorate their home”

• You will be able to evict NPCs – “it’s a secret just how you’ll do that at the moment”

Equipment And Customization

• “We have a procedural item system that produces items on the fly. I’ve got the rocket launcher stuff open right now, and there are MILLIONS of combinations of rocket launcher”

• “The game even procedurally generates the graphic used for the guns, right now there are 21,000 different visual styles for rocket launcher. Then, each of those styles can be coloured individually. By release time, there will be many, many more; that’s just for rocket launcher”

• Vanity slots will be available and will be full of wacky stuff

• “There are so many different visual styles for armor (we’re using the same random generation system as weapons) that you won’t need “costumes” as such, because armor will cover everything. But! You can equip armor to be purely visual, just like in World of Warcraft”

• You’ll be able to obtain weapons beyond picking them up from enemies

• Ships will be customisable – “you’ll probably be able to paint it different colors, have different color schemes, attach decals”

• You can use any weapon you find but can only manufacture ammo for a researched weapon – “that lets us place things at key locations for missions and set pieces”

• “There won’t be skills or traits, but items will give you skills and items will get better as the game progresses”

• “Tech slots augment your character in certain ways. Jetpacks, short range teleporters, stomp boots”

• Weapons come in one and two handed varieties

• "When you equip two weapons, the left mouse button activates one, the right mouse button activates the other. So you could equip say, a sword and a pistol and use them in combination”

• Some items require battery power which you’ll need to recharge

Construction/Destruction

• There will be mining

• “The terrain is fully deformable, so you can go underground. Managing your city is going to be really interesting. You’re going to have control over pretty much everything”

• There will be a UFO attached to the player’s home world which can be used to pick up and place NPC’s, as well as terraform on a large scale

• “There are going to be facilities you can place down, that may take the form of buildings. For example a weather control station on your homeworld”

• You’ll be able to build block by block

• “Crafting is rather different in this game to anything else. NPCs you rescue will have knowledge of certain plans and blueprints. You’ll also be able to open a research lab on the space station, which will lead to a tech tree”

• There will be tiers of crafting – “most of it will be done via the manufacturing facility on the station, which will reflect the various tiers of crafting, i.e. it will have levels”

• You will be able to do basic crafting on worlds – torches and basic tools, nothing extravagant like mechs

Gameplay And Progression

• “We never want the game to get so easy that it’s boring”

• “Ideally we want to give players a purpose, a goal to work towards, rather than just being a sandbox”

• “Gameplay until end game is pretty long. It is sand box based so you could rush through it at breakneck speed if you wanted to. But the concept here is for the end game to be limitless and endlessly entertaining.”

• Each planet in the game has a threat level, from 1 – 100

• “Planets with a threat level of 100 will always be difficult, no matter what equipment you have. When you’re at end game, NPCs will send you on quests to threat level 100 planets”

• “In terms of mech control, we’re still looking into if you’ll be able to pilot mounts with your friends. It’s a technical challenge, but hopefully one we can overcome”

• “Because we knew we wanted vehicles to work in the game we spent a long time making sure the terrain was easy to navigate. Things like hills can be walked up and down, no jumping required”

• You will be able to capture enemies, take them around with you and train them to fight for you (think Pokemon)

• “We wanted to keep the monster system relatively simple to start with. Most monsters can be trained to use ranged/melee attacks, some can be taught to fly or swim. They have inbuilt stats like defense, attack damage, speed, etc that will increase with kills”

• Travelling from world to world will be done via a star map

• “Our engine supports any size for planets, they can even be infinite”

• There will be bosses

• Money plays as a huge part in the game so the death penalty may be a monetary loss

• Orbital Strikes can be called to wipe the surface of a planet clean

• There will be different materials to mine and use in your factory

• You can rename your home planet

• Other planets can be “bookmarked” so you can find your favorites easily

• Story missions take place on pre-generated worlds “hand crafted for specific gameplay – we want some really good platforming/combat gameplay during the missions”

• “Quests” are different from story-based “missions”, quests will take place on random planets

• “I want the combat to be really tight for instance, similar to Castlevania/Megaman, where you really have to think about the enemy behaviour to combat an enemy”

• “There is both melee and ranged combat. We’re also hoping we can include shields for blocking enemy attacks”

Editor

• “We’re looking for a really easy way for players to create their own missions, in the engine”

• There will be an in-game mission editor, that you can use with your friends (think Little Big Planet)

• Created missions will be playable online

• “The editor may or may not be post-release though”

• “Traditional” modding is planned

Aesthetics

• “We’ve got a couple of awesome musicians working with us. We want it to be retro style using modern synths”

• Dirt can be displaced; monsters can kick dirt chunks at players and explosions will send it flying

• There are random events for each planet, so something may randomly fall from the sky for instance. Chucklefish will look how to expand the universe after release

Release

• “It’s difficult to tell when the game will go into beta, but we are relatively far along. We’re still deciding how to do beta testing”

• Hoping to release on Steam as well as other places to make it available to everyone

• If it happens, Steam release will come with Steam support, Steam friends, achievements etc

3 2 respuestas
forcem

jolin pues si es de universos y tal la gracia seria poder hacer un server dedicado en el que jugaran 100 personas lo menos no?

Arrakis

Me encanta, puede llegar a ser completito, y el tema de que sean planetas da mucho juego para crear cualquier cosa.

metanoia

“Ideally we want to give players a purpose, a goal to work towards, rather than just being a sandbox”

“Gameplay until end game is pretty long. It is sand box based so you could rush through it at breakneck speed if you wanted to. But the concept here is for the end game to be limitless and endlessly entertaining.”

Me alegra leer eso. El concepto de los sandbox siempre me ha gustado, pero sin algún objetivo o meta (por muy lejana que esté) tarde o temprano me acabo aburriendo de ellos. A ver cómo se trabajan la historia.

MoRiBuNdO

Sir, i want a hundred games! GIEEEVEEEEEEMEMORRREEEEEEE

Shikoku

Y cuando sale este juego O_O

Dame 10!

Yandr0s

SHUT UP AND ATAKE MY MONEY!!!

Ostiaputa pero que pintaza tiene omfgbbq

NeCriD_Cs

Google translate de #79

Borrado el translate puesto que a la gente le molesta, lo siento :(

2 respuestas
Glicerart

#86 No te ofendas, pero para poner eso mejor no pongas nada.

Shikoku

No es por nada, pero entiendo mas en ingles que en ese "spanglish" xD

NueveColas

A mi la liberación de vapor y el apoyo y amigos del vapor me han matado...

P3R35AN5

"La suciedad puede ser desplazado; monstruos pueden expulsar trozos de tierra a los jugadores y las explosiones se la enviaremos volando"

A mi que me las manden por correo.

Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales

Tags