Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

Gavax

#1527 Don't disrespect Català, you left the Kingdom of Isabella of Spain to join ze Germans traitor! The French are after you.

T

no french

3eat1e

#1530 THE Troll trolled? don't think so ;)

I'm a 2002 user, don't panic

B

#1529 Of course I knew it man, but it was a mistake because i hadn't time! ;)

PS: How are you at Luxembourg? :D

1 respuesta
3eat1e

#1534 Yep, but you have to pay attention to that kind of errors!

Well, rainning right now ... as usual :(

2 respuestas
doJi

#1535 rain = cooled time, lucky man.

1 respuesta
3eat1e

and now ... it's sunny and warm!!!

#1536 Not always, at least here. In spite of the rain it's warm, like 25° or something.

Khams

Rain usually brings up the warmth from the ground, so usually, after it's been raining, it just feels rather warmer. That's my personal experience, might not be true haha

Feuer

#1527 'No worries'. Um, that's an Aussie expression, right? But I think it has been spread throughout the USA and GB nowadays.

Dante88

I have a question.

I need to improve my speaking. I have thought that taking advantage of I reside near Barcelona I could try to meet with native people on summer holidays.

This could save me from an expensive travel to UK.

The problem is I don't know how to do it. Do you know about any web or method I will be able to use?

Going to Barcelona center and starting to speak with the first native I see will be embarrasing and surreal.

1 respuesta
B

#1535 rainning?
raining, don't it?

1 respuesta
CsNarsil

#1540 There are few webs like www.livemocha.com where you can learn and improve many languages, just meet new people and talk with them by skype for example.

doJi

Yo guys i have a question for you. I was consulting grammar prepositions in english, so this point had led me a question, in the past i was in a english academy, the teacher taught us the prepositions but in some cases the prepositions altered the verb, example (to look after), that verb form had a name, but i cant remember this one. Help me please!.

1 respuesta
Ligia

#1543 Phrasal verb

"so this point had led me to a question"

1 respuesta
ruk0style

Well motherfuckers that I go to sleep, if I have not written well, I sweat it

doJi

#1544 xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa ty :)

V

English people are stupid.

That's all.

Have a good night.

SikorZ

It's so damn funny to enter here and read people's comments. And checking how surprisingly nobody is claiming to be an english god here like people usually do in this forums (in all topics).

I am learning english at Opening academy!

By the way... I was wondering if any of you do know when does the Advance certificate of english (Cambridge's) convocatories dates are placed? I heard they're about each 2 months but when I passed FCE's was on June.

Thank you in advance and don't forget that: My tailor is rich!

2 respuestas
doJi

#1548 Check this http://www.cambridgeesol.org/spain/

"Here without you baby" greatest song! my god.

3eat1e

#1541 Yep, it was a typo. Sorry :)

2 respuestas
Gavax

#1550 that was a typo. Sounds better like this.

1 respuesta
P

#1548 I'm interested in taking a Cambridge exam sometime soon, and it looks like I will be able to do it around September. By the way, the prices seem outrageous to me. Almost 200€ for an exam is unbelieveable.

I have a question though. I'm required to have a B1 title by the time I finish my career to get my degree, but I was wondering if getting a Cambridge title would do. Does anyone know anything about this? I've been told that Cambridge works internationally while B1 is regional.

And one last question! Does the Advanced certificate of English have an expiration date? Someone told me that they expire after two years, how is this possible? It's expensive as hell!

1 respuesta
SikorZ

#1552 B1 graduate equals Preliminary English Test (PET) from ESOL (Cambridge's) certifications so is a step behind First's.

As far as I know the Cambridge's graduates does NOT expire. However, the american one (tofa or something like that, I don't remember) do expire after a couple of years yep.

2 respuestas
P

#1553 Alright, thanks. I still have to ask at my University's information desk about this, I can't take the risk if they decided to only accept B2 qualifications. It would suck, though, I don't have that much money (for both titles I mean) if I can aspire to a higher level than B2... I guess I could take C1 or something? Would it be too much? I'm unsure that I would be able to pass... : (

1 respuesta
Dieter

who said french?!!! WHO THE FUCK SAID FRENCH!!!

SikorZ

#1554 As far as I know they were talking about First Certificate in English, and if PET gonna be hard for you... Well, FCE is way harder.

I am going to try Advance's one in next year probably.

By the way, you got to have in the exam at least 6,00 in marks to pass it. 5,00/10 is not enough, in case you didn't knew.

2 years ago FCE was about 180€

1 respuesta
P

#1556 Oh, I studied for FCE a long time ago, when I was 13. I was ready for the exam but they kept making me go to classes and I quit them, so I didn't know how to take the exam on my own. I was talking about advanced, I don't know if it will be very hard. I can never practice speech so I guess I will take some classes and get a level test or something.

Gavax

#1550 Thrazz is guiding my hand to make jokes about your hair. Apologies for the inconvenience. How's your German now?

Feuer

#1553 The American test is called TOEFL, right?

Anyone has taken this exam?? I think most people takes the Cambridge exam, but what about TOEFL? Any experiences?

3 respuestas
P

#1559 If it really expires... what are its benefits? Is it better than the other?

1 respuesta
Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales