"Solo una persona entre 1000 lo resolverá"

JonaN

Es 96 por lo que han dicho,

a+b => (a*b)+a

Este es autocontenido, y funcionaría para cualquier linea independientemente de dónde está colocada.

El patrón sugiere que "faltan" varias lineas, aka 4+7, 5+8, 6+9, 7+10.

Incluyendo esas lineas, el razonamiento de 96 se sostiene. Sin embargo, el de 40 no, ya que depende de la linea anterior.

De hecho, si incluimos las lineas que faltan en el patrón, ambos razonamientos convergen y dan 96.

(8*11)+11=96

8+11+77(resultado de 7+10)=96

Todo lo demás es mentira. De nada

#180 La "gracia" de estas mierdas es que hay más operaciones que las evidentes, si no la respuesta es 19 y todo lo demás son errores. Usar una multiplicación es igual de válido que sumar lo anterior porque sí.

NoRelaX

1 * 4 + 1 = 5
2 * 5 + 2 = 12
3 * 6 + 3 = 21
8 * 11 + 8 = 96

Easy.

xDanySx

ola bengo 7 pajinas despues a desir 96
me la juego al sienxsien

n3krO

#160 Una secuencia suele tener un indice (n) que se usa para todo.

z(n) = n*(n+3) + n = n2 + 4n;

z(1) = 1 + 4 = 5;
z(2) = 4 + 8 = 12;
z(3) = 9 + 12 = 21;
z(4) = 16 + 16 = 32;
z(5) = 25 + 20 = 45;
z(6) = 36 + 24 = 60;
z(7) = 49 + 28 = 77;
z(8) = 64 + 32 = 96;
z(9) = 81 + 36 = 117;
z(10) = 100 + 40 = 140;

Pero claro, a ti te preguntan cuanto es 8+11, cuya respuesta es 19, nada indica que esto sea una secuencia.

2 respuestas
SillaSentada

#1 40 kulega

SillaSentada

#184 además, a la hora de hacer #160 no has tenido en cuenta la variable q inherente, elíptica o nó, a cualquier ecuación (aunque sea de grado 1). me parece que #160 no ha pasado de 1º de FP de sumar

1 respuesta
B

Subo 10

Sombrita

#184 #186 A veces las cosas no son tan complicadas como queréis hacerlas pensar eh xD, en la obviedad también hay respuesta.

1 respuesta
ZalY

96 hdps

pd: 19 j3

S

Now most people including some media agree that it has to be one of two solutions: either 40 or 96. I don’t agree with either solution, because for both variants you have to assume that part of the equation is written in invisible ink so to speak. Instead I have a better solution. One, in which 5 + 2 = 12 is actually true. And no, I’m not nuts. But let’s take a look at the two most common solutions first.

In order to come to 40 as the solution, people add the result of the previous line to the current line:

1 + 4 = 5

5 + 2 + 5 = 12

12 + 3 + 6 = 21

21 + 8 + 11 = 40

Now this is a beautiful pattern which of course makes sense once you’ve added the previously invisible numbers. But, apologies for being a stickler for the rules, it has one crucial flaw: it just doesn’t stand there. The maths puzzle doesn’t say 5 + 2 + 5 = 12, it says 2 + 5 = 12.

Similarly, to reach 96 as a solution, first you have to double the first number, and then assume that the second number is multiplied by it:

1 + (1 x 4) = 5

2 + (2 x 5) = 12

3 + (3 x 6) = 21

8 + (8 x 11) = 96

Now, as already mentioned, I’m a self-confessed stickler for the rules and I don’t like solutions that force me to assume that parts of the equation have been written in invisible ink. When I came accross the puzzle a couple of hours ago, I naturally assumed that there has to be a way these equations make sense in exactly the way they are written, and since I stubbornly clinged to that assumption, I had to let another assumption go: that 2 + 2 always makes 4. Or that 2 + 5 always makes 7. Because of course it doesn’t. There are other numeral systems, and the decimal numeral system is only one among many. Or have your Maths teachers never tortured you with binary numbers for instance?

So my first thought was: binary. But of course you can see at a glance that that doesn’t work, 12 can’t be binary. The binary number system has only two numerals, 0 and 1.

But nevertheless, once your eyes are opened for the possibility that this might be formulated in another numeral system than the one we’re used to, you’ll be looking at the line

2 + 5 = 12

from a completely different angle. And actually that makes the first part of the riddle quite easy. Just give it a try. It’s obviously not decimal, and it’s obviously not binary, so in what kind of numeral system could this be true? In the decimal system, obviously, 2+5 makes 7. Assuming the right part of the equation is written down in another numeral system, then 12-in-that-other-numeral-system has to be the equivalent of 7-in-the-decimal system.

If you want to find it out by yourself, just take your time. And don’t scroll down.

Now, you may not know the expression, but the numeral system which is based on the number five is actually called quinary. Just like the decimal system is based on the number ten and the binary system on the number two, the quinary system is based on the number five.

In the quinary system you have five numerals: 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

When your counting reaches the number five, you write that as 10. In the decimal system 10 means 110 plus 01. Just like 11 in the decimal system means 110 plus 11. And so on. Now we’re in the quinary system, and here 10 means 15 plus 01. Which is five. Just imagine you’re counting with your hands if this way of thinking is unfamiliar to you. When you have a two digit number in the quinary system, then with the first digit you count the number of hands so to speak.

Now coming back to our equation:

2 + 5 = 12

is mathematically 100% true, without any addenda, if you assume that on the right part of the equation we have silently shifted to the quinary system. 12 in the quinary system corresponds to 15 plus 21 in the decimal system, which is exactly what is written on the left side of our equation. Nice, isn’t it? And, at least for sticklers like me, the nicest part is we don’t have to bend any rules or assume that parts of the equation have been written in invisible ink.

Now let’s take a look at the third line:

3 + 6 = 21

Of course the first intuition is to apply the method of the previous line, but sadistically that doesn’t work. 21 in the quinary system is equivalent to 11 in the decimal system, not to 9. sigh So we have to think again. In which system could 3 + 6 = 21 be true?

We know that 3 + 6 equals 9 in the decimal system, so what we need to figure out is this

2x + 11 = 9

We can simply transform this into

x = (9-1) / 2 = 4

And voilá, there is our answer: we’re now in the numeral system which is based on the number 4 – the quaternary system. Let’s check:

In the quaternary system 21 is 2 times the base number, which is 4, plus 1 times 1:

3 + 6 = 24 + 11 = 9.

That’s it.

So obviously on the right side of our equations we are counting down the base number of our numeral systems. Let’s take a look at it anew. We silently assumed that the first line entirely belongs to the decimal system. That’s possible. But the right part of it could also belong to the senary system, which is based on the number 6. Or any other system whose base number is higher than 6. But since 5 is the highest numeral in the first line, the base number has to be at least 6.

The right part of the equation in the second line belongs to the quinary system, based on the number 5. And the right part of the equation in the third line is formulated according to the quaternary system, based on the number 4.

So what comes more natural, than to assume that the right part of the fourth equation should be expressed in the ternary system, which is based on the number 3?

In the ternary system you have three numerals, 0, 1, and 2. When you count to three, you write it as 10. Which stands for 13 + 01. Let’s just count a little bit. In the left column, we use the ternary system, in the right column we use the decimal system:

1 = 1

2 = 2

10 = 3

11 = 4

12 = 5

20 = 6

21 = 7

22 = 8

100 = 9

Now we almost got it. To express the number 9 we need three digits in the ternary system. The decimal number we want to reach is 19. That is 2*9 + 1.

In ternary numbers 2*9 is 200. Plus 1 is 201.

201 = 19 = 8 + 11.

And that is the answer to our maths puzzle. If we count down the base number of our numeral system on the right side of our equations from 6 to 5 to 4 to 3, the answer to our riddle is

8 + 11 = 201

We can now demystify the entire riddle by making the numeral systems which are used in each line explicit, which we can easily do by adding some brackets and subscripted numbers which indicate the base number of each numeral system*:

(1 + 4)10 = (5)6 (or higher)

(2 + 5)10 = (12)5

(3 + 6)10 = (21)4

(8 + 11)10 = (201)3

Of course only idiots would say that the solution is twohundredandone. But it is definitely 201.

Agree?

3 3 respuestas
C

Yo me quedé en el de contar los circulitos...

S

Creo que Randall Jones dice que la respuesta es 201 xD

sep! definitivamente, 201

n3krO

#190 Si tanto le gustaran las reglas, sabria que si no se indica nada, ambos lados del igual estan en el mismo sistema numerico.

Pero bueno, la verdad es que nunca se me habria ocurrido cambiar de base en cada linea...

xArtiic

Ivan69

no entiendo por que os empeñais en que 96 esta bien y 40 no cuando la serie en si no tiene por que ser logica, ambas soluciones encajan segun como veas la serie con los datos proporcionados.

1 respuesta
YokeseS

8+11 son 19

¯_(ツ)_/¯

S

#195 que la respuesta es 201

Kolonic

looooooooool aun estáis con esto, morid todos

B

yo digo que es 201

1 1 respuesta
Chewirl

#199 Fijo es 41.

Fliyin

Veo que gane, en #35 ya la sabia como dije

-L0B0-

a + b => a * (b+1)

8 + 11 => 8 * 12 = 96

1 respuesta
Prava

Tiene dos posibles soluciones.

a) 96

b) 40

1 2 respuestas
benitoll

#203 tiene por lo menos dos soluciones posibles xD

1 respuesta
S

#202 #203 #204 el autor ya ha dicho que es 201. Teneis la explicación en #190

3 respuestas
B

#205 cualquier explicacion es valida mientras se respete lo que se ve

1 1 respuesta
goliat17

B

#206 ¿Es cualquier explicación válida mientras se respete lo que se ve? Quizás sería ese otro debate a tener en cuenta xD

GuaNaGe

#190 fucking tocho post de mierda para un acertijo e.................

LO QUE CUENTA ES QUE LO HAS ADIVINADO... "Creo"

PaCoX

menuda mierda de explicación de tolai muerde almohadas del autor, no hay x dnd cogerla.
decir que 2 + 5 = 12 esta en base-5 es de subnormal

1 respuesta

Usuarios habituales

• n3krO
  • Sasha_Pasha
  • RandomZ
  • Soulscx
  • Kolonic
  • incorrecto
  • Akiramaster