Análisis de Yakuza 0

B

Tenemos ya disponibles las primeras críticas de la nueva entrega de la saga Yakuza desarrollada por SEGA y, como era previsible tras ver la gran acogida que tuvo el juego de la gente que lo importó de Japón, ha gustado mucho a los medios especializados.

Para despistados, mencionar que Yakuza 0 es una precuela en la que controlaremos a Kazuma Kiryu y Goro Majima en el Tokyo de los años 80.

OpenCritic

Medios extranjeros

Brash Games - Mark Brearley - 9 / 10

Yakuza 0 is the best entry in the series to date. It is accessible for new players, whilst providing some Easter eggs and nods for long-time fans of the series.

CGMagazine - Elias Blondeau - 9 / 10.0

A novel twist on familiar gameplay elements, Yakuza Zero once again delivers a unique blend of real-world immersion, humanistic storytelling, and some of the best action gameplay on the market.

COGconnected - Judi Azmand - 95 / 100

With an abundance of activities to partake in apart from the main story, you’ll no doubt spend countless hours exploring Kamurocho and Sotenbori.

Cubed3 - Gabriel Jones - 9 / 10

Yakuza 0's focus on refinement over ambition proved to be the right decision. This game features a very well-told story that's filled with an assortment of great characters and memorable moments. It's also a breakout moment for Goro Majima. He tends to get the short end of the stick when it comes to characterisation, but here, Majima really comes into his own. The style select sub-system is a fantastic addition, because it allows for a level of flexibility that hasn't been seen in any of the previous entries. The expected massive amount of side content also benefits from an increased level of interdependency. Pursuing the multitude of amenities around town is rewarding in so many ways. This entry raises the bar for both the Yakuza series and action RPGs.

Destructoid - Peter Glagowski - 9 / 10.0

It features all of the best aspects of the series with very little of the negatives, making for a game that I’ll probably still be digging through by the time Kiwami releases over here.

Digital Chumps - Eric Layman - 9 / 10.0

Even after a dozen years and seven (or eleven) games, Yakuza 0 is an impressive and easy invitation to its namesake’s adrenalized world.

Digitally Downloaded - Matt Sainsbury - 5 / 5 stars

For all its humour, its intelligent noirish thriller narrative, and the sheer amount of stuff to do, Yakuza’s real strength forever remains in the little details that it gets right about its representation of Japanese cities. Kiryu wanders into a convenience store to buy health supplements (restorative potions, in the vernacular of other JRPGs), and I’m homesick for Japan - even the convenience stores are exciting shopping trips in that country, I swear. Goro wanders down a street, and the lighting from the signs on the street makes me wish I was back in Japan right there and then.

DualShockers - Giuseppe Nelva - 9 / 10.0

If there is a game that fully embodies and actually easily overcomes the definition of “complete package,” that’s Yakuza 0. It’s a rich, colorful and engrossing experience that I can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who loves the genre, Japanese culture, or simply a very, very good story with some of the best and most genuinely likable characters you’ll ever encounter in gaming.

EGM - Nick Plessas - 5 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 takes it back to where it all began, but a mildly interesting setting and story don’t quite make up for the game’s more tedious elements.

Entertainment Buddha - Raymond Porreca - 90 / 100

Yakuza 0, much like its predecessors, has style for miles. Unlike previous games, however, Yakuza 0 comes out of the gate swinging, offering a more nuanced story and a strong, cohesive commitment to certain thematic elements. To sweeten the deal, Kamurocho and Osaka -- the game's main explorable cities -- are absolutely packed with diversions, collectables, and encounters. Yakuza 0 is the kind of game that you can spend eighty-some hours in without realizing a minute has passed.

Gadgets 360 - Rishi Alwani - 10 / 10

Yakuza 0 is an easy recommendation for PS4 and PS4 Pro owners alike. A strong story, activities aplenty, and solid core combat, it’s the perfect start to gaming in 2017. Essential for PS4 owners and for the rest, a perfect reason to get one.

Game Informer - Jeff Cork - 9.3 / 10.0

Don’t be intimidated by the series’ long history – this is an accessible starting point that’s likely to convert you into being a full-fledged fan

GameSkinny - Steven Oz - 9 / 10 stars

Yakuza 0 shows how the series has evolved over the years and adds a new layer of depth to each of the characters. Each side quest story has a wonderful payoff. Overall, I'd say Sega did a wonderful job creating a well written and designed game. I highly recommend it to old and newcomers to the series.

GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 9 / 10

To play Yakuza 0 is to deeply fall in love with its characters and world; a challenge that many games try to conquer, but only a handful ever manage to actually achieve.

GameSpot - Peter Brown - 8 / 10

Yakuza Zero's humorous world is packed goofy quests and minigames, but the story cuts through it with powerful characters and high-stakes drama.

GamesRadar+ - David Roberts - 4 / 5 stars

While a bit disappointing on the mini-game front, Yakuza 0 remains as strange and charming as ever, with the best story and combat the series has seen in years.

GamingBolt - Pramath - 8 / 10.0

Yakuza as a franchise has so far failed to gain any traction in the west- if ever that were to change, there is no better game than Yakuza 0 for that to happen with.

GamingTrend - Christian DeCoster - 90 / 100

Yakuza 0 is a great entry into the series, with plenty for old fans and newcomers alike. Its story is cheesy and melodramatic at times, and the graphics are a bit outdated, but between a nearly perfect melee combat system and a city bursting at the seams with activity, anyone looking for a sandbox crime game should definitely pick this one up.

Hardcore Gamer - Marcus Estrada - 4.5 / 5.0

Yakuza fans are in for a massive treat with Yakuza 0.

IGN - Tristan Ogilvie - 8.5 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 is another sprawling entry in the open-world series, packed with an extraordinary amount of things to do and centred around a genuinely compelling crime story. Since it’s a prequel, it’s also unburdened by the series’ increasingly intricate backstory and thus far more approachable for newcomers than the last few Yakuza games. While its melee combat may lag slightly behind modern genre standards, Yakuza 0 still hits far more than it misses and is a big, bold and bruising tour through the Japanese underworld.

Level Down Games - Bryan Clutter - 90 / 100

I sincerely hope gamers everyone give Yakuza 0 a chance. The series has never really been as popular over here like it is in Japan, but I truly do feel as if this game could change that and swing the momentum back around for Yakuza as a series and for SEGA. While it isn't a perfect game, it's one hundred percent worth diving head first in with and getting lost in this world that was created. It's a game that lays everything out on the table for you, and doesn't shy away from being exactly what it set out to be. A silly, serious, fun, and excellent game that explores the roots of the franchise we all have come to know and love. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more dancing and singing to get back to before Yakuza Kiwami releases in the Summer.

Niche Gamer - Alexis Nascimento-Lajoie - 9 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 is an amazing start to 2017, with great combat, an engaging story and so many activities you won’t know what to do yourself. If you’re a fan of the series, you won’t want to skip on this entry. Even if you’ve never played the series, you’d be doing yourself a disservice by not playing it. It’s a must have for people who love video games, and a great way to start the New Year.

Paste Magazine - Eric Van Allen - 9 / 10.0

Yakuza 0’s overarching faithfulness to its time and place in history provides fascinating insight into the time, and its over-the-top cutscenes and climactic fights quickly endeared me to the series. A hefty batch of side-games and engaging, well-paced combat roped me in and sold me on my first ever Yakuza experience, but the vibrancy of its semi-fictional Japan will be what I remember most. Yakuza 0 doubles-down on series’ signature combination of hyperbolic action and self-aware comedy, while providing an honest window into a major period in recent Japanese history, and does so flawlessly.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Paulmichael Contreras - 8.5 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 feels a bit like an anime that also happens to be an action/fighting game. The only problem is that the fighting feels dated, though the environmental options and multiple fighting styles to master help to spice things up a little. A genuinely entertaining and captivating story lurks in the seedy underworld of Tokyo, where a miniscule empty lot somehow sparks a massive conflict. The setting feels authentic, and naturally there are tons of different restaurants to eat at, bars to hit up, and minigames to play, each with their own types of rewards. Toss in two completely separate and surprisingly deep simulators – real estate management for Kiryu, cabaret club management for Majima – and Yakuza 0 will easily take 40+ hours of your time before you’ve seen everything it has to offer. Fans of the series will no doubt be thankful Sega took the time to localize Yakuza 0, and those looking for a good starting point for the series can begin with this excellent prequel.

PlayStation Universe - John-Paul Jones - 9.5 / 10.0

A wondrous melting pot of Japanese cultural excess distilled into a relentlessly compelling synergy of RPG and action elements, Yakuza 0 arguably represents the consummate entry point for newcomers to the series. Without a doubt, Yakuza 0 is a masterpiece and the first must-have title of the year.

Polygon - Janine Hawkins - 8 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 has heart, despite some significant shortcomings

Push Square - Robert Ramsey - 8 / 10

At this point, the property's trademark formula is seriously starting to wear thin, but when it comes down to it, there's nothing quite like Yakuza 0. It combines unapologetically mature themes and violence with brilliantly dumb minigames and hysterical side quests, resulting in a thoroughly memorable experience. Bolstered by a gripping story that's packed with great characters, fans of Japanese games or even Japanese culture owe it to themselves to give this a prequel a shot. Yakuza 0 is fantastic place to start a love affair with Kamurocho's finest, and what's more, it's one of the best entries in the series to date.

RPG Site - Kyle Campbell - 9 / 10

Yakuza 0 excels in all that it sets out to do and may well be on its way to becoming a modern classic.

Stevivor - Matt Gosper - 6.5 / 10.0

Yakuza 0 is simultaneously the best and worst starting point for newcomers like myself.

TechnoBuffalo - Joey Davidson - Buy

It's only January, but Yakuza 0 has been marked as a contender for one of my favorites for the year.

The Game Fanatics - Marcus Lawrence - 8.6 / 10.0

That wraps up my Yakuza 0 review; anyone who’s ever been slightly interested in the series should take notice of the game when it launches on January 24th.

The Jimquisition - Jim Sterling - 9.5 / 10.0

Playing Yakuza 0 has been a revelation, one tinged with excitement at the prospect of what I’ve been missing and can now experience. As a first foray into Sega’s world of gangsters, BDSM, and fishing minigames, it’s been an utter joy to play.

Wccftech - Kai Powell - 9.4 / 10.0

Whether you’re visiting Kamurocho for business or pleasure, be prepared to sink another eighty hours into a crime epic that only Sega can deliver.

Medios nacionales

Meristation - Dedede - 9.2 / 10

Con el mejor guion de la saga, los mejores controles y los mejores gráficos en una entrega lanzada en Europa, Yakuza 0 es una obra maestra que eleva aún más la franquicia, y que si bien cuenta con menos ciudades, personajes jugables o minijuegos que la 5ª entrega, lo suple con las múltiples mejoras reseñadas en este análisis, para consolidarse como una joya que no solo los fans de la saga, sino cualquier fan de la acción o el RPG, o aquellos que simplemente tengan curiosidad por este extravagante pero fascinante periodo histórico deberían dar una oportunidad, gracias a su caracter de precuela, y siempre y cuando el inglés no sea obstáculo.

Recordatorio de que tenemos hilo oficial de la saga en el foro. Aprovechando el hilo de reviews, es importante dejar algunos detalles de las cosas hilarante que nos podremos encontrar en el juego (spoilers de algunas misiones secundarias, así que ojo):

Ah, y a partir de ahora deberíamos sustituir el "¿eres pobre?" en el subforo por esta imagen:

A

Hostia vaya notazas. Pues será mi entry point a la saga eventualmente.

Wululu

Q ganazas le tengo

X-Crim

Buenisimo.

AG

¿Qué tripa se le ha roto a EGM?

B

Si no fuera por Stevivor y EGM se plantaba en un 90, anyway lo que está claro es que ha gustado mucho.

radius

Vaya graficazos no?? para ser de ps2 esta muy bien

4 respuestas
A

Dos mil diecisiete @terminal

1 1 respuesta
VanitasWar

Es un pedazo de juegazo que alucinas, uno de mis candidatos a GOTY y estamos en enero.

B

#7 avatar quote

B

#7 Quiero pensar que no estás haciendo un pun o tirando de ironía y símplemente has confundido 0 con Kiwami.

Wululu

#7 Pero a los Nintenderos no os preocupaban cosas como los graficos y la potencia en vuestras consolas, por que os preocupan esas cosas en la competencia?

B

Me van a explotar las pelotas, sólo te digo eso.

B

#7 Se nota que estás acostumbrado a gráficos de psx entre el lol y la 3DS

december

So este juego es el adecuado para empezar la saga?

2 respuestas
B

#15 Indeed, yo voy a iniciarme en ella con él.

VanitasWar

#15 Lo es, altamente recomendable y ademas se acerca el remake del 1, los que empezáis ahora lo tenéis de lujo por que 0 y Kiwami son dos partes de una misma historia.

B

A mi lo que me gustaría son unos subs en castellano, cosa que no pasará

Vitov

Ojalá no defraude

B

El juego es buenísimo y tiene atmósfera muy diferente a los yakuzas de siempre por la fecha y el contexto histórico que tiene. Es divertidisimo de jugar, con un cojon de contenido y minijuegos, bizarrismo japonés ha saco y solo han cortado la main theme porque la licencia le costaba un cojon a Atlus.

Also los newcomers pueden jugarlo como primer juego de la saga, es perfecto para eso. Más que Kiwami incluso

Me alegra mil que tenga tantísimo buzz por internet y que las notas sean tan positivas. Cant fucking wait al 6

Shephiroth

Goty

Legionait

llevo queriendo empezar esta saga un tiempo, por tanto otro al que añadir a la lista de futuros. tantisimos juegos y tan poco dinero y tiempo...

sefirus

Viene en arameo

Io-

Con esas notazas y seguirá teniendo la misma mierda de controles.

R

no entiendo las notas de EGM ni de stevivor

tampoco es que los conozca, pero eso

H

Lo jugaremos, pero a Kiwami le tengo unas ganas burrimisas

Perestroika
december

sk_sk4t3r

Tres Yakuza en un año, es como un sueño :qq:

1 respuesta
B

me ha dado por leer la review de Sterling viendo que le ha hecho retweet sega y joder, le ha encantado

http://www.thejimquisition.com/yakuza-0-review/

Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales