Aparecen las primeras críticas de I am Setsuna

B

En general los medios coinciden en que el primer JRPG del estudio Tokyo RPG Factory (el cual pertenece a Square Enix y tiene la finalidad de desarrollar JRPGs de corte clásico) es mejorable, pero en cualquier caso el balance es positivo y bastante superior al estacazo que se llevó hace unos días el último Star Ocean.

OpenCritic - 81/100

Attack of the Fanboy - Dean James - 4.5 / 5 stars

While Square Enix is largely focused on the future with upcoming games like Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3, they are not one to forget the past and I Am Setsuna is one game that not just '90s RPG fans will love, but even general fans of the genre should really enjoy.

CGMagazine - Cody Orme - 9 / 10.0

With a dark yet optimistic story and old school JRPG gameplay, Tokyo RPG Factory’s first title feels like a classic in the modern day.

Daily Dot - Colette Bennett - 4.5 / 5 stars

While not as challenging as some of the JRPGs of the past (no Emerald Weapon here, sorry), I Am Setsuna makes it clear that someone is listening to all of those grumbly veteran gamers who miss the adventures that made them fans for life. They long for a story to care about, and that's what this game provides.

Destructoid - Chris Carter - 7.5 / 10.0

I actually quite like the adherence to nostalgia, as Square is only giving fans with they want after years of complaints that projects like Final Fantasy XIII strayed too far. But by the same token of goodwill, it plays it a little too safe in regards to its at times predictable story, and doesn't really do anything new that moves the genre forward in any way. Still, if old school is what you want, you'll get it.

DualShockers - Tomas Franzese - 9 / 10.0

I Am Setsuna is a game from a different era in the best kind of way. For better or for worse, it borrows many of its mechanics from some of gaming’s classics. While its graphics are outdated and its story gives only the illusion of choice, the rest of the game is good enough to make up for it: the characters are likable, the story is engaging, and the gameplay is fun. RPG fans will find a lot to enjoy here, especially those who love games like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

Game Informer - Joe Juba - 7.5 / 10.0

It may be bland, but the experience doesn’t make any unforgiveable missteps. The combat has occasional moments of brilliance that recall the glory days of ‘90s RPGs

Game Rant - Cody Gravelle - 4.5 / 5 stars

I Am Setsuna may be Tokyo RPG Factory's first game as a development studio, but its finesse and reverence of past JRPG hits makes it an absolute joy to experience.

GameSpot - Peter Brown - 7 / 10

I Am Setsuna is an unapologetic homage to beloved Japanese RPGs that plays well but takes few risks. Tokyo RPG Factory has accomplished their implied mission statement: to make Japanese RPGs the way many of us remember them back in the day. As a result, I Am Setsuna walks in the footsteps of giants, and is thus dwarfed by the memories of games that inspired it.

GameZone - James Wynne - 8 / 10.0

There are a lot of areas in which I Am Setsuna could be improved, but it’s still a beautiful game that fully captures the spirit of SNES era JRPGs.

GamingTrend - Richard Kwon - 80 / 100

I Am Setsuna is a carefully crafted JRPG that will appeal to the nostalgia of fans, but also intrigue JRPG newcomers. A beautifully emotional story underlines a solid battle system that is equal parts familiar as it is unique. Some lenient money and ability hand-outs make the game easier while an empty overworld can make the walks a bit dull. The 15-20 hour average completion time might be shorter than what many JRPG fans would expect, but it is also a good entry point for newcomers without being a daunting 100+ hour experience. It is safe to say that I am Setsuna is a worthwhile journey.

God is a Geek - Nick Gillham - 8.5 / 10.0

Neither original nor groundbreaking, but if you’re one of those people who want a 90s style JRPG on home systems, then I Am Setsuna is the game for you.

Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 2.5 / 5.0

I Am Setsuna seems like the perfect game for those missing the Golden Age of Japanese RPGs, but unfortunately it has been painted with a shallow brush.

High-Def Digest - Sophia Edwards - 4.5 / 5 stars

A lovely little low-key JRPG that feels like the work of a small, passionate indie developer that just wants to pay homage to the classics it looks up to. 'I Am Setsuna' isn't a revolutionary game or a rebirth of the genre, as the marketing seems to imply. What 'I Am Setsuna' ultimately ends up being is a remarkably well-made, charming game that's endlessly endearing and entirely devoid of cynicism. While some small gripes certainly sting a little, this is a terrific debut for Tokyo RPG Factory, and I absolutely can't wait to see what they make next. For anyone who misses the SNES era, it's a great throwback, but in its own right, it's a fantastic game that absolutely shouldn't be ignored.

Kotaku - Jason Schreier - No Verdict

Oddball design decisions aside, I Am Setsuna is a lovely little tale and a game that’s well worth your time. At 20 hours, it never feels dull or grindy, and in fact it felt like a perfect length for what the game wants to achieve.

MMORPG.com - Robert Lashley - 8 / 10.0

Two years ago Square Enix announced it had created a new studio, Tokyo RPG Factory, to create RPGs in the image of those golden age games. In that time Tokyo RPG Factory managed to catch hold of the spirit of those games and pull it forward into 2016 with the release of I AM SETSUNA. Tokyo RPG Factory managed to not only tap into that nostalgia vein but crafted a solid game that stands on its own.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Jowi Meli - 7.5 / 10.0

I Am Setsuna is bold in the way it explores its themes, and it immediately moved me with its soft art style and beautiful piano score. I also really enjoyed the battle system’s Momentum, Flux and Singularity elements, which added some much-needed variety to the otherwise standard turn-based combat. Unfortunately, a few major problems kept the game from remaining entirely enjoyable as the experience went on. Cheap deaths at the hands of superpowered enemies sent me back to a save point, losing me valuable time, on more than one occasion — an infuriating and needless flaw, given that other retro-fueled titles like Bravely Default include optional autosave. As I was getting to the end, I also started to feel like everything was blurring together, between the reused assets and the predictable structure. Overall, the cumulative effect of the game’s themes is still a very powerful one, and I enjoyed most of my time with it, but I can’t help but feel a little let down by the flaws that kept it from reaching its full potential.

PlayStation Universe - Timothy Nunes - 8 / 10.0

I Am Setsuna brings to light all the memorable aspects of what made classic games classics. With the good outweighing the bad, I Am Setsuna embodies old concepts and creates a challenge worth undertaking, even if the pilgrimage to the end is as difficult for the player as it is for Setsuna.

Push Square - Robert Ramsey - 7 / 10

I Am Setsuna capably fulfils its role as an echo of past Japanese adventures, but in doing so, it seems unwilling to take risks and forge its own legacy. Its story is predictable and its battle system struggles to define itself, but its traditional charm and fantastic atmosphere do more than enough to ensure that this an inviting and thoroughly pleasant journey. It may not measure up to the genre's best, but Tokyo RPG Factory's first outing is a warm and well crafted reminder that the classic formula still works.

RPG Site - Zack Reese - 9 / 10

Fall in love with a game that bestows upon the player a strong sense of warmth and contentment.

El juego sale a la venta hoy mismo en formato digital para PS4 y PC (Steam) a un precio oficial de 39,99€. Dejo un par de vídeos promocionales:

StumKrav

Caer, cae fijo.

N30

Se sabe qué tal la versión de Steam? Por si compro o no.

Edit: Vale, aún está locked en Steam xD

alejo

Parece una medianía... Y sin edición física, no me arriesgo. El haberse comparado a si mismo con Chrono Trigger solo podía traer malas consecuencias.

Zegatron

Lo quiero pero 40 pavs sin cajita y disco, fuck offfff

Aur0n

Hace 20 años me compraba un juego de este calibre y venía con textos en castellano (y era multi idioma). No es que no se pueda disfrutar en inglés, pero me parece bastante lamentable que traigan a 40€ un juego solo digital y solo en inglés.

2 1 respuesta
Link34

Guys, precisamente es un juego barato, no entiendo las quejas a estas alturas

tute07011988

#6 hace 20 años este juego no hubiera llegado a España

Hiboshi

Alguna razón por la que no traigan esto a Vita siquiera en digital? Porque la traducción pueden poner la de la versión de PS4, amosdigoyo.

Hace siglos que no juego a JRPGs en una sobremesa (y menos aún en PC)

1 respuesta
n3krO

Cuando este por 20 euros me lo pillo.

Flynn

El bilinguist este sube impresiones bastante buenas de juegos importados, y la que hizo de este juego me pareció más que correcta para saber qué esperar de él, que viene siendo una de cal y otra de arena.

Yo como soy tan listo ya sabía que iba a ser un pufo de juego desde el primer anuncio.

2 respuestas
B

#9 Vita means Death

privet

Lo que me da rabia, es que te enseñen un trailer subtitulado al castellano, y luego vas al juego y no esta la opción . Menudos genios, si pica alguien..

A

Caerá con pricedrop en navidades seguramente. No tiene prioridad ninguna.

Fascaso

No tengo Pc para jugarlo aún, para navidades fijo que cae que tiene buena pinta y estará algo más barato.

1 comentario moderado
Xnap101

La nostalgia me puede. Menos mal que para mí no hay muchos juegos que puedan tirar de ella, pero Chrono Trigger ocupa un lugar especial en mi corazoncito. 3/4 de lo mismo con Golden Sun, al que también me recuerda. Y la OST me parece muy buena, se parece a la de FFVII.

He comprado juegos que acabaron siendo bastante truñacos a precio de ps4, así que 25-30 pavos por un juego que sé que voy a disfrutar como el niño que era los pago encantado.

ramster29

#11 dice algo de que la música esta hecha solo con piano? espero que no te pongan las que se escucha en el video contra un boss

1 respuesta
Flynn

#18 Efectivamente, la banda sonora está casi exclusivamente compuesta en piano. Posiblemente de las peores ideas que haya visto en un juego xD

Skarin

Yo a 40 machacantes ni de coña, pero caer a la primera rebaja posiblemente que caerá.

Link34

#11 Nice, básicamente dice que no, no es chrono trigger pero que es muy buen juego

Pinipons allá voy

LadyMcFadyen

No me parecen malas notas para nada. Ahora, 40 pavos por un juego que ni llega en fisico y en algunos lados ni traducido, y solo en digital, lo siento pero no, aunque le tenga unas ganas que lo flipo en colores.

Cuando los fans lo traduzcan ahí estaré para gastarme las pelas.

B

Por 20 € seguramente, por 40... olvidate

Link34

Pero a ver, que yo me estoy perdiendo ya entre tanta gilipoyez; es un juego normal y corriente que sale mas barato que de normal y corriente, y estais diciendo "p-p-p-pero es que es muy caro", bajo que razón llega uno, con un juego que es mas barato que de lo normal, a pensar que es caro en relación a la norma?

4 respuestas
A

#24 El ratio horas/euro

Fit1

#24 Que si no es un triple A con trillada IP y salida anual entonces no merece la pena.

n3krO

#24 Personalmente no creo que es justo comparar un triple A con esto.

Ademas de que cada persona le pone el precio que quiere a cada juego y ya lo compra cuando esta a ese precio.

40 euros por un JPRG oldschool me parece demasiado, y si a otro les parece bien me alegro por los desarrolladores :D

Gaseosus

Yo creo que principalmente es por el aspecto gráfico, lo asocian más a un juego indie y por eso la mayoría en su cabeza automáticamente es un NOPE si lo sacan por más de 15€, aunque al final su estilo parezca más a los clásicos y a la vez esa sea una razón de peso para que algunos lo quieran, no tiene sentido y es contradictorio pero así funcionan algunos.

Eso le sumas la gente que solo espera a bundles o sacar una key en la web más asquerosa que exista más los pobres de ingles = ni de coña.. pues eso, al final todo son excusas para no decir directamente "lo quiero pero soy una rata"

Leonidasxx

Pues yo ni sabia que existia pero me ha molado tela ver el trailer, la verdad que si me ha recordado a un rpg de los 90s , lo mismo me lo recojo y todo incluso a 40 pavetes, me lo voy a pensar.

Fdkn

Es un juego lowcost dentro del género lowcost, con un solo escenario, una duracion que no llega ni a 1/3 de otros juegos lowcost de square como los bravely, hecho en U-N-I-T-Y.

No se trata de que sea Indie o Triple AAA, se trata de que es un juego por el que no pienso pagar 40 pavos porque se que en mi escala de valores no los renta.

El que quiera pagarlos, adelante, pero no tiene nada de raro que mucha gente prefiera esperar viendo lo que es.

El Cosmic Star Heroine que sale dentro de nada tiene un scope similar como juego y cuesta 15€

Usuarios habituales

• NgNvNn
  • ArThoiD
  • Astara
  • privet
  • StumKrav
  • n3krO
  • Link34