Nioh durará al menos 70 horas y no saldrá en PC

B

Al menos, eso ha comentado el director del juego, Fumihiko Yasuda, en una entrevista concecida al medio wccftech: El juego durará alrededor de las 70 horas (que son bastantes para no ser un juego de mundo abierto / interconectado ala metroidvania) y, de momento, no hay planes para una versión de PC.

Nioh was originally announced back in 2004. Can you briefly explain why development took this long to take off?

Yasuda: The general producer, Kou Shibusawa launched the project, and it has taken this long simply because the game hadn’t taken the shape he was fully content with. Several prototypes were created but he was still unsatisfied by them, so 4 years ago Team NINJA joined the development and the game settled in the right direction as we see it now. The concept has not changed since 2004.

The storyline was to be based on one of Akira Kurosawa’s unfinished works. Is that still the case or did you make any changes and if so, why?

Yasuda: The story is an original piece based on William Adam’s history. The battle actions and artistic elements are indeed strongly influenced by masterpieces such as Akira Kurosawa’s “Yojimbo” and “Seven Samurai”.

Can you tell us a bit about the protagonist and his motivations?

Yasuda: The story follows the protagonist chasing his enemy to Japan, with evil Yokai blocking his path. William fights for his survival alongside Hanzo Hattori, a ninja aiding William on his quest, and counts on William for his techniques as a Yokai hunter.

In regards to gameplay, fans have described Nioh as a cross between From Software’s Souls and Team Ninja’s own Ninja Gaiden series. Is that a fair assessment in your opinion?

Yasuda: In Nioh the protagonist is a Samurai, and the title itself is an action-centric game which takes a unique approach by fusing strategic attacks with hack-and-slash elements. These elements will create a big difference depending on the weaponry used, such as katanas and spears.

What’s the single gameplay feature of which you’re most proud of?

Yasuda: The most interesting element of the game will be the strategy behind using energy. Since the vitality of the player and enemies are liked through strategy, when switching between offensive and defensive attacks, we’ve taken this allure of sword battles and samurai cinema and implemented them pretty well into the game. In terms of energy, the Ki Pulse becomes a very important factor in combat.

Will there be an “Easy” difficulty setting for those who are not skilled enough in action games?

Yasuda: No, we are not planning on including an “Easy” difficulty setting. Nioh is a tough game but those who do not enjoy (or feel skilled enough) to take on challenging games, we feel will find a sense of achievement from improving their skills and techniques to take on stronger bosses. This will be worth the challenge! As a piece of advice, when facing a boss, analysing the situation will offer hints to help players pave their way forward, as well as strengthening your character by boosting levels and improving the armour. Alternatively, the co-op play will allow players to bring a companion alongside them.

How long do you expect it will take players to complete the game, on average?

Yasuda: It will take on average around 70 hours.

Koei Tecmo recently ported a lot of games to the PC platform, and there’s already a petition for Nioh. Is there a chance you might release the game on PC at some point?

Yasuda: We currently do not have any plans to release Nioh for PC.

The release date has now been set to February 9th, 2017. Can you tell us the reasons behind the delay, since the game was scheduled for this Fall?

Yasuda: The development is on schedule now but the challenges are to secure the quality that meets the feedback we received from the worldwide players of the alpha and beta demos. Another task will be to ensure solid localisation in order to launch the game at the same time worldwide.

Thank you for your time.

Recordatorio de que tenemos hilo hype del juego en el foro.

A

70 horas de git gud.

R

Por curiosidad, cual es la media de los ds?

Porque 70 horas no me parece ni mucho ni poco y mis horas en bloodborne no los cuento como de la media

5 respuestas
liebgott

50 diria

1 respuesta
B

#3 Mi primer run de DaS3 43h aprox. Pero muchos bosses a la primera por venir de jugar mucho DaS.

70h da mucho respeto en un juego como este.

1 respuesta
R

#4 entonces es largo de cojones, pensé que seria mas corto de hecho que los ds

B

#3 El primero que juegas se puede ir a eso, 70 horas, pero son juegos que normalmente van de 30 o menos (Demon's / Bloodborne) a 50 (los tres Dark Souls, quizás el II algo más porque tiene bastante contenido).

Luego cuando los dominas te haces los runs volando tho.

#5 Hacerse el primer run de DaS en 43 horas si fue tu primer Souls es dejarse medio juego xD.

1 respuesta
StumKrav

Joder, tantas buenas noticias en un solo titular.

1 comentario moderado
B

#7 Solo me faltó la quest de Sirris porque la líe un poco. Recogí todos los items y me metí en todos lados.

DaS3 quería decir... edit*

1 respuesta
B

#10 Ah coño, entonces ok xD.

1 respuesta
B

#3 Yo en DSIII voy por 91h pero porque le he dado mucho al pvp y ahora al dlc. En DKSII creo que recordar unas 120h y en el primero ni me acuerdo ya, pero una burrada.

B

#11 Son pocas realmente, pero la verdad es que la parte de gameplay se me hizo sencilla y pocos bosses me dieron muchos problemas.

Con Nioh tengo el miedo de que cambie mucho todo eso y a la vez esperanza para que me tenga pegado a la pantalla más de 70h.

AikonCWD

#3 Mi primer DS1, 40h

B

Antes ponía en el título del thread que el juego no va a salir en PC y ahora no lo pone, significa eso que va a salir en PC ?

edit: oh ya ha vuelto,

centu

Me vuelves loco poniendo noticias en varios temas distintos. Moderacion dimision.

Tochomosca

Ni de coña van a ser 70, ojalá me equivoque, pero no va a ser el caso.

StumKrav

Tochomosca, el creador del juego.

6 1 respuesta
B

Me creo lo de las 70 horas. Si es como los Souls, exprimiéndolos al máximo pueden llegar a 70 u 80 horas. Además este equipo ya hacía juegos bastante largos con sus Ninja Gaiden, los cuales eran juegos lineales y con ritmo mucho más rápido.

Y a ver si algún día explican su fijación con no sacar nada para PC. Pagaría lo que me pidieran por jugar al Ninja Gaiden de Xbox en PC

D

70h en un juego de este tipo puede ser muy pesado y ya sabemos que de esas horas la mitad es fanservice con calzador y monotonia para hacer bulto, ojala nonsea asi, pero yo creo que 50 es mas que de sobra.

B

En qué plataforma se espera que salga?

2 respuestas
AG

#21 En la reina

3 1 respuesta
Jomones

Me duele más que no salga el Sanada Warriors

Beethoven

#21 En la Master Plataforma.

1 respuesta
Swim2theMoon

Si son de calidad it's ok. Si no, que se las guarden.

Con Bloodborne leí en varios sitios que se hacía muy corto teniendo Dks2 como precedente inmediato y ya sabemos la diferencia.

B

#22 #24 Ni puta idea de cual es, pero gracias.

2 respuestas
A

Beethoven

#26 Plataforma Suprema 4

december

Que gran día se ha quedado hoy

Radiokid

Creo que va a ser day one, ¿Cuando sale?

Usuarios habituales