Ronda de análisis: Battle Chasers: Nightwar

B

El nuevo juego desarrollado por Airship Syndicate, bajo el sello de THQ Nordic e inspirado en los comics del mismo nombre del autor Joe Madureira, que se estrena hoy mismo 3/010/17, ha recibido unas críticas notables. Convirtiéndose así en una cita muy a tener en cuenta para todo fan del RPG y más aún para los amantes de los RPG con combates por turnos.

Disponible para PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC y Nintendo Switch.

OpenCritic - 80

Reviews

Areajugones - Álvaro Giménez - Spanish - 8 / 10.0

The return of Joe Madureira to the videogame industry comes with a great game. Amazing visuals and artistic style that match perfectly its great gameplay mechanics.

COGconnected - James Paley - 85 / 100

Battle Chasers' presentation carves a space in your head with plans to establish a permanent residence.

Cubed3 - Albert Lichi - 8 / 10

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is very much like the PlayStation JRPGs that it is influenced by. There are elements from Final Fantasy, Suikoden, and even some Diablo. It is a shining example of why people love turn-based RPGs, thanks to the emphasis on character building, management and strategy. The presentation ties everything together with a strong sense of adventure and atmosphere without any hint of cynicism or pretension. This is a game that keeps on giving due to a slew of content that invites people to keep on playing way past the 40-hour mark, and because of the carefully constructed and balanced battle system, it is always exciting to travel this long and tense road. It may have a few rough and inconsistent spots here and there, yet Nightwar remains amazing in spite of its flaws and comes highly recommended to any fan of RPGs.

DualShockers - Azario Lopez - 8.5 / 10.0

Battle Chasers: Nightwar shows what an independent studio that cares about their graphic novel IP can do. Through hours of RPG combat and dungeon exploring, the game manages to stay interesting and fresh, which makes it difficult to put down. It's clear that developer Airship Syndicate has created a unique and fun turn-based RPG, but most of all they breathed life in the Battle Chasers universe to expose the series to a new group of fans while satisfying the old ones with a brand new adventure.

EGM - Evan Slead - 9 / 10.0

It can be extremely difficult to introduce a new game into a genre long dominated by one company and franchise, but Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a modern and expertly executed take on everything turn-based RPGs introduced to gamers so many years ago. It's a reminder that old ways don't have to die away; they just need the right people to hone in on what made the genre work in the first place.

Expansive - Ray Willmott - 9 / 10

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a true golden age JRPG experience

Gadgets 360 - Rishi Alwani - 8 / 10

If you can stomach its technical imperfections, the addictive loop of combat and exploration combined with a great roster of characters, and excellent production values make Battle Chasers: Nightwar well worth checking out. It might not be the biggest release of October but it's definitely one of the most enjoyable yet.

Game Informer - Ben Reeves - 7.8 / 10.0

If you're in the mood for a grind, Battle Chasers delivers more than enough. Nightwar is full of tense action, but you have to be patient to make it to the end

Gamers Heroes - Captain Camper - 8 / 10

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a must-have for fans of the dungeon-crawling genre. A fantastic art direction, strong character development, tons of hours of content and a wonderful homage to true turn-based combat. At this price, it's a steal.

GameSpace - Ralph Whitmore - 9 / 10.0

Battle Chasers is a great game and great RPG. I love the rich characters and their background. The art style makes this whole experience beautiful. The story, while I have not completed it yet, has captured me and I can’t wait to see where it goes. I think anyone that enjoys RPG’s will enjoy this game.

GameSpot - Justin Clark - 6 / 10

Battle Chasers: Nightwar brings the cult comic book series to life, but breaks a few of its bones in the process.

GamingTrend - Amy Kay Purcell - 90 / 100

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a gorgeous RPG, with expansive randomly generated dungeons, compelling combat, unique characters, and an amazing soundtrack. Teleportation across maps and within dungeons encourages exploration, and the ability to select dungeon difficulties, as well as the fact that essential game elements, such as crafting and fishing, can only be done inside dungeons creates meaningful replayability and naturally sends you crawling through completed dungeons again and again. Featuring animated comic panels, and avoiding long-winded lectures about history and lore, Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an indie game which delivers a top-tier JRPG experience.

IGN Italy - Francesco Destri - Italian - 8.7 / 10.0

Battle Chasers: Nightwar will conquer you from the beginning with its mix of JRPG combat-system, western aesthetics and gameplay for all tastes.

IGN Spain - Patri Tezanos - Spanish - 8.5 / 10.0

A RPG RPG with an old school RPG spirit, that may not be the best choice for those used to more modern RPGs because of its rhytm. Besides that an excellent game.

New Game Network - Peter Ingham - 79 / 100

Battle Chasers: Nightwar proves to be a solid turn-based RPG with polished mechanics, interesting dungeons, beautiful artwork and animation, and a lot distractions to keep you entertained. Despite some UI and performance issues, fans of the genre should still find it to be a game that is worth their time.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Tyler Treese - 7.5 / 10.0

While not without its fair share of problems and technical issues, Battle Chasers: Nightwar still manages to provide plenty of tense battles that challenge players. It's a shame that the characters never get to show their full personalities throughout, and that dungeons lack the personality of a truly great role-playing game, but even these issues can't hold it back from being a worthwhile time for players. It's a game that begs for a sequel, and hopefully Airship Syndicate will get to do just that as they have nailed so much of the formula.

PlayStation Universe - Garri Bagdasarov - 9 / 10.0

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a grand achievement from a small studio that needed a big win. It's not everyday you get to play a game that tends to reward you for everything you do. Great combat, fantastic dungeon exploration, incredible visuals and a great soundtrack. Battle Chasers: Nightwar hits all the marks

Polygon - Dante Douglas - 8 / 10.0

I didn't go into Battle Chasers: Nightwar expecting much of anything, given the development studio's relative youth as a company and the spotty record of Kickstarted games. However, Nightwar's focus on style and character, coupled with a mostly excellent combat system, kept me hooked for much longer than I had imagined. Whatever your familiarity with its source material, this game builds a beautiful world with a surprising amount of depth just beneath the surface.

PS Site - Kacper Mądry - Polish - 9 / 10.0

Battle Chasers: Nightwar isn't the new quality in the genre, but it's still a fantastic jRPG for anyone.

Rectify Gaming - Mike Boccher - 9 / 10.0

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a true RPG that all fans of the genre will appreciate.

Spaziogames - Gianluca Arena - Italian - 8 / 10.0

We fell in love with Battle Chasers Nightwar for its chracter design and wonderful illustrations, but we stayed for its combat system, lenghty campaign and clever New Game Plus mode, which allows to begin anew and experience a different dungeon layout.

NewLife

Parece sólido, espero que no se retrase mucho la versión switch

1 respuesta
Kuluneken

Vengo a decir que estoy indignadisimo porque me retrasan la versión de switch 2 meses y me voy ;(

EDIT: #2 veniamos a lo mismo xD finales de noviembre creo, a ver si nos dan una alegria y la adelantan.

Usopp

Esperando a saber si la versión UK tiene castellano.

B

Pensaba que nunca llegaría, tiene buena pinta la verdad

Vyrtu

DAY ONE en Switch! Tengo muchisimas ganas de este juego desde que lo anunciaron :)

Saphyel

He estado siguiendole desde darksiders, tengo ganas de ver que tal! por lo que veo pinta bien las criticas

AnGeL-eme

No tengo ningún problema en absoluto con el inglés, pero como he visto varios comentarios en este post y en algún otro al respecto, quisiera saber si está en Español, lo cual estaría bien, pero repito, no me importa en absoluto si está solo en Inglés.
Cualquier cosa de Madureira es "seal of approval" en diseño.

1 respuesta
Hazzard

Como molan los turnos eh!

#Esencia

Fit1

#8 Está en completo Español.

1 1 respuesta
AnGeL-eme

#10 Gracias, mañana iré a ver si en alguna tienda está por debajo de los 30€ que en la Store (PSN) está a 29,99€ y si me ahorro algo, bienvenido sea ^^

Usopp

Yo estoy por pedirlo en Base.com pero es que lo quiero en español XD

Veo por los Cusa que los juegos UK de THQNordic sueln estar subs en castellano.

Oso_

Reservadísimo lo tenía ya pero para switch..toca esperar mes y pico uffffff ganazas!

Fit1

Bueno pues primera mazmorra pasada en nivel heroico y terminada a nivel 7.

Mis primeras impresiones son muy buenas, el juego te va enseñando sus mecánicas poco a poco, a modo de tutorial, con cada subida de nivel, vas desbloqueando habilidades nuevas, vas indagando en la historia (hay algo de lore) y a partir de nivel 6 tienes como perks para cada personaje, del palo aumentar la sanación de ''x'' o el daño o celeridad.

Por lo que estoy viendo tiene lo típico del bestiario con todos los monstruos, cuando más te enfrentas a ellos y los derrotas, más sabes de ellos (skills, botín, etc) y al matar a ''x'' del mismo tipo desbloqueas más ventajas para tus héroes, son tonterías pero está bien implementado.

Y lo último que he descubierto al enfrentarme al boss final es que se va cargando una barra grupal (una especie de ultimate) y cuando llega a tope puedes utilizar una habilidad especial de cada personaje para gastarla, cada uno hace una cosa.

Artísticamente es una pasada, es muy bonito el juego y sus animaciones, estoy quedando bastante satisfecho con la primera toma de contacto, de momento lo recomendaría 100%.

Ah y se me olvidaba, también tiene un sistema de crafteo de pociones, equipo, y hasta pesca, y el plus de que ESTÁ EN ESPAÑOL.

Esto último en muchos juegos incluso con más renombre no está últimamente de moda, así que es para valorarlo.

Y hasta aquí mi pequeña review, si os gustan los combates por turnos y los jrpg's adelante sin miedo.

Veinx

A mi el juego me está encantando, la dirección artística para mi es sobresaliente(normal viniendo de Joe Madureira, es el CEO y director creativo).

Y me decían algunos de este foro que el juego tiene gráficos de shitphones, que se parecía al seven knights o similares por poner los escenarios de los combates con una imagen en 2d y muñequitos 3d...

Ultrajex

Puf que ganacas de pillarlo para ayer xD

Urien

4h jugadas del tirón, me encanta.

vulcano_pvp

Tengo un email de GreenMan gaming para comprar el juego con un 25% de rebaja, pero no puedo usarlo alguno le ha ocurrido, o ha podido canjearlo sin problema?

Honnin

Ayer estaba en Instant Gaming con un 33% de descuento.

I

Creo que esta en GoG Rusia guiño guiño

A

Me llama muchisimo la atención pero he visto varios videos y me da la sensación como de que es poco profundo en cuanto a lore y parece que se puede hacer repetitivo. Si alguien me aclara un poco mas estos puntos, se lo agradezco.

N

Es el tipico rpg de looteo estilo diablo, Torchlight, borderlands... etc, O este se basa mas en la calidad que en la cantidad?

Payomeke

Un juego de farmear tipo diablo por turnos? lol

Lord_Khronus

Que tal es comparado con el Divinity original Sin 2?

1 respuesta
AnGeL-eme

#24 No he jugado al DOS 2 pero si he visto varios Streams y creo que a pesar de tener una temática RPG no se parecen en mucho más. La profundidad en los combates no es la misma, en este juego no hace falta posicionamiento como si de un "tactics" se tratara y sigues una historia bastante lineal (por el momento con 6h y pico de juego) la diferencia es que aquí hay mazmorras en las que puedes pre-definir el nivel de dificultad con lo que da esa cierta rejugabilidad para conseguir más y mejor loot. Los gráficos obviamente son muy distintos también.
Para mi gusto me gusta mucho, me encantan los turnos a lo FF y no tanto a lo tactics así que estoy por el momento más que encantado con el juego.

para los demás...

Para los que lo tengan igual que yo, una pregunta; ¿Las armaduras de mis personajes siempre van a ser iguales? (no es que me moleste, pero me encantaría que cambiasen conforme consigo diferentes armaduras, igual que si lo hacen las armas.)

B

Pero entonces es farmeo o no?

1 respuesta
Cryoned

#26 Es un jrpg, se trata de desconectar el cerebro en el combate y grindear lo mismo una y otra y otra vez.

1 respuesta
StumKrav

Comentario desafortunado donde los haya, pero no voy a entrar al trapo con esta clase de usuario tan previsible.

Btw en Switch al final sale a finales de noviembre? Va a estar mega justo con Xeno 2, si sale a mitad de mes todavía, si no le tocará esperar y le tengo serias ganas.

B

Jrpg con diseños de JoeMad, nope.

Llámalo RPG por turnos y fuera.

B

me encanta el puto juego, está hecho para mí jaja ojalá venda mucho ^^

Usuarios habituales