Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Ronda de análisis

B

La octava entrega de la saga Ys obtiene unas criticas, muy, muy positivas. Aunque hay una mala noticia para los usuarios de PC, a última hora NIS AMERICA ha anunciado el retraso de esta versión, debido a, según dicen en el comunicado que han publicado, que necesitan más tiempo para pulir el port de PC. No han especificado una nueva fecha de lanzamiento más allá de que será en el presente año 2017.

Game Information

Game Title: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Platforms: PlayStation 4, PC, PlayStation Vita

Trailer:

Developers: Nihon Falcom

Publishers: NIS America

OpenCritic - 86

Reviews

Areajugones - David Cruz García - Spanish - 8.5 / 10.0

A must-buy game for the JRPG genre fans that only needs improvements in its story to be almost perfect. The best gameplay mechanics of this saga and one of the big japanese titles of 2017.

Chalgyr's Game Room - Pierre-Yves Lanthier - 9 / 10.0

Right now is a great time to be a fan of the Ys series. With just about a simultaneous release of the upgraded Ys Seven for the PC which came out back in 2009, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana takes the concepts that were designed almost a decade ago and takes it all a step further.

Cubed3 - Renan Fontes - 9 / 10

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is everything an action RPG could and should be. Genre conventions and traditions are still in play, but they're handled with a delicacy that elevates what would otherwise be tired clichés into imaginative story beats. The narrative is as rich in thematic substance as it is in genuine human interaction, as every NPC is given ample time to grow, while solidarity is emphasized as humanity's best bet at surviving. Lacrimosa of Dana plays like an ideal marriage between Seven and Memories of Celceta, with an equal balance of character building, fast-paced combat, and exploration. NIS America's localization could have used another draft, but it's offset by the franchise's single best story and a host of content to uncover in the base game, along with New Game Plus. Innovative with just enough familiarity, Ys has never been better.

Destructoid - Red Veron - 9 / 10.0

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA has its share of flaws but its very satisfying combat more than makes up for it while the fun exploration and good story kept me going through all of it. Ys fans will love this one, and those new to the series are sure to get some enjoyment with the solid fast paced action that might turn them into fans as well. This is definitely a game I would like to have with me to play if I ever get shipwrecked on a deserted island.

DualShockers - Azario Lopez - 9.5 / 10.0

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana has introduced a new type of adventure to the Ys series and does it incredibly well. The game takes the action-RPG genre to a new level with its excellent story pacing and gameplay. The game offers many hours of exploring and fast-paced action along with plenty more for those who'd like to dive deeper into the mysteries of the island. The truth is after picking up Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana I simply couldn't put it down until I finished the story. In the end, I found myself attached to many of the characters that I met along the way and part of me wished that this Ys adventure never had to end.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will also release on PS Vita and PC.

Game Informer - Kimberley Wallace - 8.3 / 10.0

Between building up your base, making new discoveries, and fighting intense boss battles, Ys VIII is a hard adventure to put down

Gamer Escape - FireMarth - 9 / 10

Despite the complaints, I can easily see Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana going down as a modern classic of the genre. The sense of wonder the game offers during exploration, the beautiful artistic presentation, and the just plain solid and fun gameplay make this a title that you absolutely should not pass up.

GameSkinny - ThatGamersAsylum - 8 / 10 stars

Ys VIII not only stands up to its contemporary competitors, but also beats many of them. I'd rather play this than Final Fantasy XV's gorgeous, dragging combat and half-hearted open world design any day of the week. And in my book, that is no small feat.

GameSoulz - Unknown - No Verdict

Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana is without a doubt a great JRPG and one of the best entries in the main series. Keeping every element that made the series so great. Besides its gorgeous Soundtrack and great combat, it also features one of the best plots ever, being nearly as good as Origins, full of likeable characters and mature storytelling. Yet, its giant open world and playtime are it´s biggest problems at the same time, letting the first third seem more like aimless padding than a captivating element. However, this is basically the only complain I have, I enjoyed the latest entry in the Ys series way too much to not recommend it, Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana is truly an amazing JRPG.

Gaming Gamma - Mankoto - 7.8 / 10.0

If you’re a long term Ys fan, sure the story content may not be to your liking, but as it’s own thing, once the game lets you go out and explore, it’s one of the best in terms of gameplay.

GamingBolt - Alex Jackson - 8 / 10.0

Lost in Blue meets Xenoblade is not a matchup I would have ever thought of, but it's a solid one with a great foundation of fun combat, great premise, amazing music and nice story. The few problems it has are pervasive and distracting, but never enough to really turn you off. While it doesn't have a volleyball character, I'd still recommend it to most any RPG fan.

GBAtemp - Prans Dunn - 7.5 / 10.0

A great new adventure awaits fans of the series and those looking to try out Ys for the first time should have their fair amount of fun.

GearNuke - Khurram Imtiaz - 9 / 10

Ys VIII marks the return of Adol Christin back to the big screen. The story might be lackluster in the game but the actual writing effort is solid with some great character moments in the main campaign. The combat is easily the best the series has to offer so far.

Gert Lush Gaming - Jim Smale - 8.4 / 10.0

In short this game will surprise you as it makes RPG nay sayers a fan.

God is a Geek - Chris White - 9 / 10.0

Ys VIII is a fantastic new action RPG from Falcom that is great for getting into the excellent Ys franchise and one that has a ton of quality content and sublime combat.

Hardcore Gamer - Chris Shive - 4 / 5.0

Ys is a series that has never been a triple A level spectacle, but has consistently put out memorable games for close to three decades.

Hey Poor Player - Francis DiPersio - 5 / 5.0

When all is said and done, Ys VIII is an utterly engrossing and nostalgic adventure that no fan of the action-RPG genre should miss.

IGN Italy - Biagio Etna - Italian - 8 / 10.0

Featuring an undeniable retro charm, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana certainly doesn't stand out for the graphics. On the other hand, the gamplay is fun, frenetic and framed by a pleasing and multifaceted narrative. A title strongly recommended to old-school RPG action estimates.

JRPG.moe - Unknown - 4.5 / 5 stars

The story of survival at the heart of the game is pulled off well thanks to an endearing cast of characters who all have a unique perspective and purpose. Ys VIII is hardly thematically rich, but it's so satisfying to play, tapping into that primal desire to pull off flashy combos at high speeds and watch that map percentage slowly creep up. Rather than one of shambling prehistoric beasts that populate Seiran, Ys VIII is no dinosaur and this is the freshest and most fun the series has been for a while.

JVL - Julius007 - French - 16 / 20

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana is THE Japanese RPG of this end of summer on the PS4. It brings some new features to the series, two unique adventures, a big playground without denying what makes what Ys is. We'd like having a better general achievement and french translation to get an almost-perfect game. But those who like the genre have no reason to stay away from the game, which is a nice present for the 30th anniversary of the series.

Kotaku - Mike Fahey - No Verdict

I've got everything I look for in an action RPG right here.

Level Down Games - Bryan Clutter - 91 / 100

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is definitely going to set the bar for future installments of the Ys series. Hopefully it continues to go up from here, because I had an absolute blast experiencing this story and playing through the game. There were a few hiccups along the way, such as slight frame rate drops during more intense combat moments when there was a lot going on, minor voice acting issues, and rare AI issues. But these moments are easily counterbalanced by an incredible soundtrack, amazing story, addictive gameplay, and one of the best battle systems for any Action RPG around. Ys fans, you’re going to love this game. Action RPG fans, pick this one up. Everyone else… you might just be surprised with how good this game really is. Well done, Falcom.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Keri Honea - 8 / 10.0

Ys VIII isn't Adol's typical adventure, but it's so well-crafted (aside from chatty characters) from its combat down to its methods of exploration and side mission variety. It may take a bit longer for newcomers than long-time fans to take the bait, but once you're reeled in, you will be hooked. You'll need to be hooked, because even with a crit-path strategy for completion, it will easily take over 40 hours to get through the mystery of the Isle of Seiren. Fortunately, any action-RPG fan, even those who disliked the Ys series in the past, will find plenty to lure them in and keep them on the line.

PlayStation Universe - Timothy Nunes - 8 / 10.0

VIII Lacrimosa of Dana is an addicting action JRPG that features great combat and a narrative worth exploring.

PS3Blog.net - Ceidz - 90%

Final Thoughts
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is one of our favorite releases this year, along with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch), and Persona 5. We highly recommend this game for players looking for a good-sized 50+ hours of adventure. You'll also dig the soundtrack as Falcom outdid themselves with this release.

PS4Blog.net - Tracey - 10 / 10

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is a massive game for PlayStation 4 and Vita with so much to do. It's a very fun and gorgeous game with a solid story, making this a game that you have to play on PlayStation 4 today. It's definitely now in the running for Game of the Year (at least in my book), and hopefully you will feel the same once you get started with your adventure!

PSX Brasil - Luis Guilherme Machado Camargo - Portuguese - 95 / 100

Ys 8 is a polishment on the format debuted in Ys 7 which was also further refined in Ys Memories of Celceta and it is one of Falcom most ambitious titles to date. This ambition payed off because Ys 8 is one of the best games in the series, one of the best ARPGs of the year and an absolute must for PS4 and Vita owners.

Push Square - Jenny Jones - 8 / 10

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is an exhilarating adventure with plenty of secrets to uncover and a wonderous island for you to explore. If you're a fan of the series or are even just a fan of RPGs in general, then Lacrimosa of Dana is an easy title to recommend. Its fast paced combat system and intriguing storyline will keep you hooked throughout.

Rice Digital - Kitsumeda - 5 / 5 stars

While Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA doesn't reinvent the wheel, it most certainly improves absolutely everything it can over its already excellent predecessors. It hits the nail on the head with just about everything it does, from the stellar combat to the almost Metroidvania world structure to the actual feeling of exploring a mysterious island inhabited by feral creatures. This is one of the few rare cases where the game's narrative is closely tied to its gameplay, making for something truly refreshing. If you have never played a Ys game before this is the perfect place to start, while longtime fans are sure to be more than thrilled with this latest adventure.

RPG Fan - Derek Heemsbergen - 82%

Ys VIII is a smooth and speedy action RPG that is weakened by a curious proclivity to pander to trends instead of carving out its own niche in the space this series helped to define decades ago.

RPG Site - Josh Torres - 8 / 10

The Ys series is back and its newest installment is simply remarkable.

SmashPad - Danreb Victorio - 4 / 5 stars

It’s another win for Falcom as they continue to churn out quality games and be the envy of every developer in the genre, and we wish them the best as far as this great series gaining more noticeable mainstream attention.

Spaziogames - Gianluca Arena - Italian - 8.5 / 10.0

Ys VIII is on of the best episodes (if not the best) of the franchise created by Falcom. A frantic combat system, a huge map and an enjoyable exploration make it a great adventure, not to be missed by any PS4 role playing fan.

TechRaptor - James Galizio - 9 / 10.0

Ys VIII sets the bar high for Adol Christin's next adventure. This is one of the best Ys titles yet, and one of the best RPGs of the year.

The Outerhaven Productions - Keith Mitchell - 4.5 / 5 stars

Nihon Falcom & Nippon Ichi Software has crafted yet another fantastic entry in the Ys series. The same great gameplay and storytelling elements that have become synonymous with the series, along with exceptional graphics. Sure, the top-down view has been replaced but the new 3D graphics help brings the world to life and I enjoyed the voice lines. Combine that with some enjoyable character development and a game that spans over 40+ hour and you got a game that you won't want to put down for a while.

TheSixthAxis - Miguel Moran - 8 / 10

Ys VIII is, without a doubt, a huge step for the franchise. In stripping away a lot of the usual narrative tropes the series is usually known for, Nihon Falcom have put a fresh spin on the franchise that puts characters and small moments over grand adventures and vast mysteries. Tied together by a fast-paced combat system and great music, the negatives of Lacrimosa of Dana are far outweighed by the positives, and this is a game that any JRPG fan would be a fool to sleep on.

Wccftech - Francesco De Meo - 9.5 / 10.0

It took years for Falcom to develop the perfect entry in the series, and with Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana, they finally managed to do so by refining the renewed story focus and gameplay mechanics introduced in Ys Seven without taking away what makes the series so enjoyable. With a well-executed, albeit not really original story, charming cast, fast paced battle system, engaging boss battles, tight challenge level and plenty of side-content, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana is without a doubt the best entry in the series and one of the best action role-playing games released this year.

We Got This Covered - Jon Hueber - 4.5 / 5 stars

Despite the rough visuals and occasional storytelling misstep, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana delivers some of the best music and combat of any RPG out there.

ZTGD - Jae Lee - 9 / 10.0

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is easily the most ambitious entry in series to date, with an expansive world map and a greater emphasis on storytelling.

Juanjolopezv

Solo he tocado un par de ellos y en formato psp, si merece la pena seguiré de cerca este para pc pese al retraso

centu

necesitan más tiempo para pulir el port de PC. y para que no lo pirateen.

Usuarios habituales