SK oficializa el fichaje de Fox y Forg1ven

Yaya

Pues si, ya es oficial, los de Svenskeren y compañia han oficializado el roster adelantado hace unas semanas :

Worlds was rough for SK Gaming. After failing to make it out of Group Stages, the EU LCS organization knew change was needed. The team has since dropped AD carry Adrian "CandyPanda" Wübbelmann and mid laner Jesse "Jesiz" Le in favor of the mechanically sound Konstantinos "Forg1ven" Tzortziou and the bright eyed rookie, Hampus "Fox" Myhre. With two fresh pickups, the team now seems reinvigorated about the upcoming season. We had a chance to sit down with SK Gaming's new managing coach Joe Elouassi and top laner Simon "Fredy122" Payne to see how the team is adjusting to their new players, and to get their thoughts on the current state of the EU League of Legends scene.

NEW BEGINNINGS

In the midst of a move to Berlin for the 2015 EU LCS season, SK Gaming has been preparing its new players via scrims and duo queue games to discover where their potential advantages could lie. "At the moment it’s early days," admitted Fredy. "Synergy doesn’t come easy. There was some synergy between the old bot lane that had been playing for a year, but I think Christoph ["nRated" Seitz] understands Forg1ven better as a person, and I think he’s inclined to play a lot more because of it." According to Fredy, the two practice a lot together, which should naturally improve their synergy. An important aspect for two players constantly supporting one another in lane.

The team initially reached out to Forg1ven after seeing his fantastic play on Copenhagen Wolves in the 2014 EU Spring Split. "We knew he could perform well on stage and play on a team at a very high level," explained Fredy. They were also impressed with his level of motivation after dropping out of the EU LCS in the summer split. Fredy explains it can oftentimes be extremely difficult to maintain the rigorous mindset of a pro gamer, but Forg1ven seems to have no problem with his return to the spotlight. More importantly, he’s something a bit different than your average player and his style in lane brings an aggressive edge to the team that SK Gaming didn't previously have.

"He builds his advantage from capitalizing on the passive play of the other player and he will take CS while he has that window open, because he has the mechanics," said Elouassi. "He’s different in the way he plays to other ADCs in EU. And he's not short on confidence."

SK Gaming's other newcomer, Fox, came up from the organization's sister team, SK Gaming Prime. Being in SK Gaming Prime doesn't guarantee a slot on the LCS team, but it does allow the organization to closely monitor players for an extended period of time. After trialing many different players, Fox turned out to be the best option.

"He’s the most talented player out of the two Prime teams," said Elouassi. But he wasn't always the best team player. The organization had to work with him to help him develop as a person. "I think I made him value the importance of being friends with your teammates. Obviously you need to be confident with each other inside the game, but it helps being close with your team outside the game. I stressed the importance of that on him, and I think that helped him develop more as a person."

While he's working hard to build up his social skills with his teammates in his own time, on the Rift, Fox is still gaining confidence and always plays to win his lane, according to Fredy. As this season will be his first time playing in the EU LCS, on top of it being the first time he's lived with a team and away from family, there's a lot of pressure on the young mid laner. His champion pool runs much deeper than his predecessor’s though, and with the ability to quickly adapt to patch changes, he could put up a good fight against all-star EU mids like Froggen and xPeke.

"It might take a little time for him to feel comfortable," Fredy said, regarding Fox's upcoming LCS showings. "He needs confidence, and winning will help him gain that confidence. But he’ll do really well."

BRAVE NEW WORLD

While their new players are certainly exciting, the team's also enjoying League's current pre-season patch. "I like the dragon change," said Fredy. "It's a really interesting change that keeps things fresh and new, and changes the fundamentals." When it comes to the new jungle, he believes it will now be a place that separates players who adapt well from those who don't.

As for the competitive implications, he thinks there will be much more counter-jungling and less ganking. "The jungle now encourages you to play junglers with sustain, so I could see Elise making a comeback. I also want to see aggressive junglers playing as well, like Lee Sin. When a champion is hurt just by clearing camps, he’s forced to gank, and if it doesn’t go well then you’re super far behind. I like what they’ve done with it."

Elouassi believes if his team can adapt to the changes faster than their EU competitors, they'll have a great advantage. "We’ll need to synergize faster, because we’re not the only team doing it," he admitted. If they can get the bottom lane synergy on point and the whole team working together, he's confident SK will sit pretty at the top of the EU LCS ranks. "Last year we never consistently finished at number one. Hopefully these changes will put us up there, as we wouldn't make any changes if we didn't think it could put us at number one."

Fuente

DarkNinjaLoL

Me dicen que Forg1ven ha estado en el psiquiátrico desde que dejó CW y me lo creo. Vaya pintas de pirao.

T

Menudo equipazo le queda a sk de cara a la summer split cuando riot desbanee a incarnation y lo metan en el roster.

Y mientras watdefox es muy potable.

carmelomvp

Para mi el mejor equipo de EU condiferencia. Serán el equipo a batir

Ramuntz

Parece que Qatdefox se va a poner a llorar de un momento a otro jajajaja. Forg1ven acostumbrandole bien.

RTeks

Llego el bigoteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yaya

Pues ojo al equipazo que le queda a SK, si Freddy sigue a nivel mundial (que yo he sido el primero en meterle mierda durante los splits, pero vaya mundial se pegó) y a nRated no se le va la cabeza van a ser top 1-2 tranquilamente.

1 respuesta
RTeks

#7 y eso que nyph esta en all!

1 respuesta
Singed

No vamos ni a esperar a que acabe el split para hablar de si le van a quitar el ban a Incarnation?
Ah no, espera que no a empezado... sólo faltaba que se lo quitaran y se fuera a jugar a China o algo.

1 respuesta
Yaya

#8 Nyph, que Nyph? :ninjaedit:

pewpewrendu

Que alegría, ojo con SK también, ALL es el favorito, pero SK tiene un roster muy bueno también, y quién sabe si en verano Incarnati0n es unbanned :D

1 respuesta
Ramuntz

#11 yo no controlo a Watdefox (doy por hecho que Froggen es mejor que el) pero creo que en el conjunto de los otros 4 sale ganando SK, sobre todo por que al menos el año pasado jugaban mejor en equipo.

pewpewrendu

Y todo el mundo sabe que si TPA CHINGCHONG no fuera baneado, SK habría pasado a cuartos. Lo dijo Tabbz, que eran mejores que Fnatic el año pasado. Tampoco hay que olvidar el throwerino contra Alliance en las semis del split de verano 2014.

Quitando a Jesiz, todos estaban bastante finos.

raser

¿Sabéis si Inacrnation, aunque no sea oficialmente, va a seguir siendo coach de SK?

1 respuesta
Dase

Equipazo. En la segunda split llega incarnation y mejor equipo de EU con el nabo.

#9 Luego dices, luego dices.

zaiteN-

Lo de Forg1ven van a ser rages sanos.

xXagutierXx

Por lo que leo todos decís que Incarnation es muy bueno, apenas le conozco, es mejor que Froggen o Peke?

1 respuesta
B

Vaya hype tengo con Sk. Forg1ven es muy god

pewpewrendu

#17 al menos de skill ( solo queue ) es probable que si, pero en premade, ya se verá.

Muitos

Voy con SK al 100% este año. Este equipo de flamers me la pone dura

14 1 respuesta
vene-nemesis

A yisus por que le echaron?

1 respuesta
T

De sk y alliance desde chequitito

Muitos

#21 Por ser el mejor apmid eu

xXagutierXx

#20 cuantos a parte de Forg1ven y Sven son flamers?

1 respuesta
T

#24 freddy. Muuuy flamers

1 respuesta
xXagutierXx

#25 joder xdd a Sven le cayó ban en worlds, al resto les ha caído alguna vez?

1 respuesta
unCoVered_

Habrá que seguir a este SK.
Lo han hecho bastante mejor que Fnatic, aunque me joda reconocerlo.

T

#26 no, pero deberian estar baneados de soloq hace tiempo los 3 xd

RTeks

Freddy tiene de flammer lo mismo que de peludo

donpatch

Mientras que "taypei ching chong" no la vuelva a liar seran un equipo mu competitivo.

Usuarios habituales

• UnleasheD
  • RTeks
  • Dase
  • Discharge
  • redon
  • Muitos
  • xXagutierXx