HearthStone llega a la IEM

0nLy

LOL lo deja a 1 de vida XD

Li3cht

menudo potrón tiene este tio, en serio

Sekenn

hombre en verdad artosis se lo ha merecido ahi, por que el gnimsh no ha robado un poly o un fogonazo en toda la partida

RoDRa

gg, gnimsh y su potra xD

cuico

sisi vaya potraca ese flamestrike xD

AiMaR

Pyroblast y Blizzard. Nice troll.

RoDRa

yo croe que llevar 1 pyroblast, 1 blizzard y 1 flamestrike es obligado en todas las decks de mago, el trolleo es el ETC que no pinta nada xD

AiMaR

Está muy fuera Artosis. Las salidas y precisos top-decks del señor Gnimish son mucho de nuestro señor.

RubenDoOm

Yo lo que no se es como seguis viendo a estos chustas.

2 respuestas
RoDRa

#159 de hecho ya hemos terminado xD

AiMaR

Genial. Espero que todos los tryhards copien esta baraja de chusta y la jueguen en ladder así farmeamos ranks todos.

#159 Por masoquismo, básicamente.

B

Elite Tauren te gana torneos de la IEM, no digo más.

Aegar

Vaya trolleada de premios XD

Genesis1910

Interview with PkD.Tt.Lothar, Winner of IEM Katowice Polis

Hey, Lothar. Congrats on qualifying for such a prestigious tournament. Can you introduce the fans a bit about yourself?

Hey Kevin! Thanks, it was really hard to get there. I mean it, the competition was fierce. And winning two tournaments in a row? Sounded really improbable, yet not impossible.
Something about me... let's see, my real name is Jakub Szygulski, I am 28 years old, a former WoW TCG and CS:Source progamer (waaay back then). I have massive experience in card games, almost two decades now, in WoWTCG. I was #1 ranked player in Polish WoWTCG, in both formats, and I was ranked top10 in world in Limited. I also play guitar in my new band Enoly (progressive metal, if someone would wonder - facebook.com/enolyband).

Now, as some people who follow the scene might know, you're not a new face to Hearthstone. You faced off against Realz in the IhearthU KotH where you unfortunately went down 0-4. On what can you attribute that loss and did you learn anything from your Hearthstone debut?

My debut was really unfortunate for me. The main reason for my loss were the deck choices. After I lost the Druid vs Druid matchup I picked up Warrior Control, who should have been a good pick against Druid. But I didn't draw my early game so I did run out of steam quickly and been overhelmed by Yetis and Watchers. After that, my only two decks we're not even remotely close to have a decent matchup vs midrange druid. Those we're to counter other decks. So after the 0-2 I knew it would be a uphill battle. Nevertheless, I hope it was just a bump on my road to be the victor of IEM.

You qualified from the Polish quafiler. Besides Gnimsh, most people don't know very much about any Polish players. Can you tell me a bit about the Polish scene and highlight any players you consider notable?

To be honest I don't know much about Polish scene either, I mainly play in EU tournaments. The thing is, that we never had a offline tournament yet. This will change at a polish convention Pyrkon during 22-23 march. We will have our first HS Live event then, can't wait for that. There are few sites which cover polish scene, like hearthcore.pl, heathstone.net.pl and hsarena.pl. Hearthcore is also a official blizzard fansite, so they develop pretty quickly. They have a very exciting show prepared in which I will participate soon.

About the Polish players - The most popular guy (and very skilled also) in Poland is MKR, we met like 7-8 years ago, when playing WoW TCG and to my surprise we met again playing Hearthstone. It's really cool to see all those people I know from real life to transfer to the online card games. Many of them do this cause they see that Gnimsh and me made appearance on the world map of Hearthstone.

Recently, an esports journalist known as "Thorin" made what some might deem as inappropiate comments about Poland and as a result removed from the IEM Katotwice CS:GO analyst desk. Some of these comments included:

"Well it’s in Poland and I think the tickets are pretty cheap so I assume it will be sold out.. Because what the fuck else is going on in Poland? And they’ve got that existential hole of being Polish to try and fill with some esports."

You can read more about this incident here. Being that you're a Polish National, I just want to ask you what Polish life is like for an average person.

I won't comment on Thorin's behavior, as it's not necessary, imo. We do live the exact same life as every other person in Europe. It's true tho that average salary of polish workers is 3-4 times smaller than ie. average German guy. And our life costs aren't 3-4 times cheaper. Electronics are at the same price as in every other EU country (which is about 25% more than in the USA). Sometimes it's hard, but I do love my country.

IEM is one of the first, if not the first Hearthstone tournament that allows for online qualifiers. What's your opinion on invite vs qualifier tournaments in the Hearthstone scene?

Both types of tournaments are great. Open qualifiers allow unknown skilled players to have their spotlight. But I think the online qualifiers should have different format than single elimination. I'm thinking swiss BO1 is better, with cut to top 16. Invitational tournaments are better for spectators of course but to be honest mixing those two into one is not a good idea. But I think it's necessary for this tournament to get wider attention.

Could you expand on why you're against mixing an open qualifiers tournament and an invitational tournament?

I don't want to come across angry or bitchy - I just think that if the tournament will have both open and invitational slots, they should have more difference in overall numbers of the players. Like 4:1 in the favor of the Open Spots.

To be on this tournament, the two spots, had to basically win two tournaments, then they can be knocked out in a single match by a person who didn't have to attend the qualifiers. They are like the "Boss stages" in arcade games

Both players who came from the qualifiers came from the team, PkD.Tt. Can you tell us a bit more about this previously rather unknown team?

The shortname is for Planetkey-Dynamics.de, sponsored by Tt eSports. The Hearthstone division is fairly new, but we have a very skilled team. You can check our lineup at www.mana-dragons.com. I feel very confident for our team so I am really excited to get some clanwars going on. And as we are on the topic, I wanted especially say hello to Xixo, Vortex and Via who helped me a lot to prepare for the IEMs

Now your first opponent will be Artosis. How many Hungry Crabs will you be putting into your decks in anticipation?

Haha :D That was really awesome, I was eating and watching back then while Trump did draw the Crab. I almost choked to death. It was hilarious. I will put some Hungry Crabs in my sleeve.

Alright, finally here's a question I think everyone is wondering. Do you even lift?

I lift a lot I try to go the gym 3-4 times a week and I eat ridiculous amount of meat.

Instead of the usual shoutouts I ask for each time, can you give me some props and slops to end off the interview?

Props; HS is amazing, the amount of players, the growth of the community is very promising and I really hope this game is here to stay.

Slops: Sometimes the simplicity of Hearthstone makes me wanna play something more complex but I think it's a necessary evil to make the game accessible for wider audience and fast-paced for tournament play. But I do miss the Quest Rules from WoWTCG.

And Monk, props to You for being so awesome

Enlace | http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/1526-interview-with-pkdttlothar-winner-of-iem-katowice-polish-qualifer

RoDRa

Aquí los decks!

Usuarios habituales