[Rumor] Brothers in Arms podría volver

Zh3RoX

Al parecer Gearbox lleva desarrollando un nuevo juego de la franquicia desde 2015.

Hi everyone! I recently discovered this sub and have been excited with some rumors and news. However, I am slightly saddened by the fact that no one has posted information on what is likely to be one of my most anticipated games in the future.

Few players are informed and the media have not covered it with great magnitude, therefore I am forced to share with you everything I know about the next BROTHERS IN ARMS game.

Hopefully someone in the sub remembers this great franchise, originally published by Ubisoft, which stood out in the FPS genre until 2008 with its latest installment: Hells Highway. Gearbox has been owing a sequel ever since. However, after the Furious 4 fiasco in 2011, Borderlands' popularity ended up burying the Brothers in Arms franchise for many years.

The wait has been excessively long since 2008, but fortunately there are many hints that point to the revival of the Brothers in Arms saga:

-Pre-production started in 2015. Speaking to IGN, Randy Pitchford (CEO of Gearbox Entertainment) explained the project was still in its early stages: "I think the next Brothers in Arms game has to be authentic and we have been working on that. I feel we have unfinished business there with both the fiction and the history and I’d like to get into that. I spend a lot of time thinking about it".

-SAG-AFTRA´s strike - in October of 2016 - revealed the development of a new Brothers in Arms game, alongside a list of leaked games.

-It wasn’t until 2017 that we started hearing concrete details though. In an interview at E3 2017, Pitchford confirmed that a new Brothers in Arms game was in development at Gearbox, that it was going to feature Sgt. Matt Baker, that it would be “authentic”, and that it would be published by Gearbox’s own label (with the studio having re-acquired the rights to the franchise when Ubisoft dropped them in 2012). In doing so, Pitchford confirmed that Ubisoft is no longer working with the franchise and that the new game will be published by "Gearbox Publishing".

-In 2018 a major development update was obtained from Randy Pitchford via Twitter. Randy replied the following to a gamer asking how Brothers in Arms 4’s coming along: “Sure. We have awesome tech, some awesome content and gameplay. Currently trying to nail the story. When we have that, we’ll be able to push towards something we can show and announce. I’m pretty happy with how it’s going.” From this point it seemed that the announcement was near and some fans like me were excited.

-From that moment, Randy Pitchford stopped sharing new details, limiting himself to answering restless fans with a simple phrase: "We are not ready to announce anything else". This was repeated a few more times until early 2019. "So sorry I don’t have an answer for you yet" said Randy answering a fan, again in Twitter. "We are working on something and I look forward to when it’s ready to share".

-On April 9, 2019, Borderlands 3 was announced. The hype was huge for fans of that series. From that moment, Randy Pitchford stopped sharing details of Brothers in Amrs 4. The silence lasted for many months. It was clear that the only priority for Gearbox was Borderlands 3, as they wanted to make it a great success. And it was.

-Now something very interesting. Before the announcement of Borderlands 3, I found this. It is a leak that I managed to share on Gearbox Forums. Apparently an indie developer got a gift from a Gearbox developer during the SxSW 2018 convention: an engraved image of Brothers in Arms on what looks like a type of plaque. The image contains two soldiers. It is very peculiar that one of them has winter googles, clothing never used in the saga before. In my opinion, this may be a clear reference that the next Brothers in Arms game will be set in the Battle of the Bulge.

-Randy would eventually end the silence after the launch of Borderlands 3. On January 1, 2020, IGN published an article called "I miss the Brothers in Arms series". Pitchford, again via Twitter, answered this.

-Later, some huge news went off in the media. In late April 2020, Gearbox announced that Brothers in Arms will have a television series. Yes, you heard it. A television series, with some Band of Brothers producers and set in the Operation Tiger of WW2. Why would Gearbox take advantage of the name of a franchise that has been asleep for more than a decade? Maybe something big is coming.

-One last interesting tweet from Randy Pitchford was posted last month. When a fan asked how combat and gameplay will evolve in the franchise, Pitchford replied: "we are going deeper, closer and more personal".

-Anyway, it is interesting that Gearbox is looking for a Brand Manager, to surely promote the premiere of a new video game. Who knows...

Fuente: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gyi2yn/brothers_in_arms_is_coming_back/

Tunnecino
#1Zh3RoX:

Why would Gearbox take advantage of the name of a franchise that has been asleep for more than a decade? Maybe something big is coming.

Bueno... eso técnicamente no es cierto, la serie se llamaba Band of Brothers y el juego tampoco es que estuviese basado en la serie, pero si en la ola que tuvo.

Espero que el Juego + Serie salga mejor que con The Defiance... xD

(Edit: Acabo de descubrir que Tom Hardy salía en Band of Brothers... xDDD)
(Edit 2: QUE COÑO HASTA JIMMY FALLON SALIÓ xDDD)

B

A mi las formulas de los anteriores me gusto bastante lo de controlar a tu escuadrón, FPS con toques de estrategia.

BlackBeasT

Justo el otro dia me acorde de el,me pase varias veces el hell's highway y lo disfrutaba un monton....2008 casi nada.

B

Muy buena Saga

Usuarios habituales