Mensaje de THQ

Shitenno

Mensaje de JASON RUBIN

Today THQ announced that it has secured an investor, a private equity firm named Clearlake Capital Group, who is interested in purchasing most of what you think makes up THQ: the teams that make the games (Relic, THQ Montreal, Vigil and Volition), THQ’s Intellectual Property (titles, source code, etc.), THQ’s contracts (like the ones with Crytek, South Park Digital Studios, 4A games, Obsidian, and Turtle Rock) and the support staff that are required to help the teams succeed.

In fact, Clearlake is even providing the company the money it needs to keep working on the products as the process plays itself out. And importantly, when the purchase is complete, Clearlake has committed to invest additional ample capital to let us finish the games we are making and continue making games going forward.

In short, they are investing in a new start for our company.

The sale needs to be completed through a Chapter 11 proceeding of the Bankruptcy code, which we filed today. Given the intense speculation that we have experienced in recent weeks and months, this news probably isn’t that surprising.

But what does “Chapter 11” mean? What will happen to the games you are expecting? The series you love? And what about the people and teams that make them?

The most important thing to understand is that Chapter 11 does not mean the end of the THQ story or the end of the titles you love. Quite the opposite is true, actually.

Chapter 11 is a safety net for U.S. companies. American Airlines is currently in Chapter 11 restructuring, yet I flew back and forth on that airline when I visited Volition two weeks ago. Donald Trump and his companies have been in Chapter 11 four times. You can add to that list household names such as Macy’s, Eddie Bauer, the Chicago Cubs, Chrysler, Delta Airlines, General Motors, the Pittsburgh Penguins, Marvel Studios, and MGM, among many others.

MGM filed Chapter 11 two years ago, and this year it released “Skyfall” and “The Hobbit,” two of the biggest titles of the year. That’s what I mean when I say new start!

Our Chapter 11 process allows for other bidders to make competing offers for THQ. So while we are extremely excited about the Clearlake opportunity, we won’t be able to say that the deal is done for a month or so.

Rest assured that the goal throughout the sale process has been to preserve our teams and our products. So no matter what the outcome in 30 days, as long as we have accomplished this goal, I will be satisfied.

Whatever happens, the teams and products look likely to end up together and in good hands. That means you can still pre-order Metro: Last Light, Company of Heroes 2, and South Park: The Stick of Truth. Our teams are still working on those titles as you read this, and all other rumored titles, like the fourth Saints Row, the Homefront sequel, and a lot more are also still in the works.

Finally, you might be asking, why would THQ file for Chapter 11 right before the holiday season? Admittedly, the timing is unfortunate. But as we announced a few weeks ago, we have a January 15 deadline approaching for our bank funding. So if you work backwards to allow the necessary time to complete a sale, you end up at this week. Since all of THQ’s worldwide employees are off for a week and a half of paid vacation starting Friday for the holidays and will return to work on January 2nd, it hardly matters anyway.

So THQ made headlines today – and I am sure there will be tons of click-grabbing headlines over the next month or so. But what matters to us is not what is happening to THQ right now, but what the company and its teams will make of ourselves after we complete the sale.

In short, the teams will be unburdened by the past and able to focus on what they should be focusing on -- Making great games.

I’m excited about the future and hope to have more to report soon.

Feel free to tweet me @Jason_Rubin

Fuente: http://www.thq.com/es/go/article/view/homepage_article/261277/thq_community_message_from_jason_rubin?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=General&utm_campaign=THQ

Al parecer THQ se salva por ahora :)

Uriel246

Es una pena lo que pasa con esta compañia, con los juegazos que siempre sacan :_(

Petterrr

Se salva entonces el GOTY 2013

SkalS

Bien, veremos CoH 2, Metro Last Light y el RPG de South Park.

Me alegro.

E

Me alegro por ellos.

3 1 respuesta
Arctrax

Por mi con sacar el CoH2 y el South Park me vale pero oye, me alegro xD

Talekxd

Si metro last light!

rusillo_

Metro Last Light va a ser dia 1 si o SI, una copia para mi y otra copia de regalo a un amigo por tal de que vendan uno mas xDD.

#10 xDD Muy bueno.

P3R35AN5

Queréis dejar de llamarlo Metro last night, ostia puta joder.

L-ight, la palabra es Light.

Me alegro por THQ, pero me da muy mal rollo todo lo de Chapter 11.

4 2 respuestas
centu

Por lo menos que se salven darksiders y metro last fight.

12 1 respuesta
serzenit

Me alegro mucho por THQ, la verdad es que se lo merece, yo pienso comprarme el Metro Last highs el primer día.

MeCagoEnDios

Joder, al final podré tener el SR4 y el Metro last tight :qq:

GryF

Palmaron lo que no está escrito con Udraw..

Denian

Menos mal que al final si sale el Metro last Might

rageshow

Esperando el Metro Final Fight

alfa036

darksydo4

P3R35AN5

Stap plis

ZelD4

esperando estoy el metro last bitch

1 respuesta
E

Ea, ya ha jodido la gracia.

#18 Maldito ninja edit xDDDDDD

2 respuestas
Hurtiek

Esperaba que se salvaran por el South Park y el Metro Last Shine, me alegro

B

#19 Nah, se lo he editado yo 4 gr8 justice of Metro Last Shit

FreshWind

Metro Trash Mithril me ha parecido oir?

Shitenno

NO, Metro Last Gay... de Almodovar

Arrakis

A mi me interesa bastante poco los juegos de THQ, especialmente el Metro Last Fail ese. Pero bueno, esta bien que no se vaya a pique la empresa.

ZelD4

#19 me lo han editado, yo no he editado nada, no se porque me editan puras verdades.

smoGG

Menos mal, yo quería jugar al Metro Last Right.

Alu

Menos mal, que salga ya el Metro Last Tit

arkoni

Esto de que va? De quien dice mas gilipolleces?

2 respuestas
Shitenno

#28 más o menos y está la cosa reñida

CharlyPhreak

Yo confío en que se salve la compañia con esa reestructuración... Han hecho grandes juegos... Y lo que estaba pasando con los bundles no tenía ningún sentido...

Usuarios habituales

• P3R35AN5
  • cm07
  • SkalS
  • Denian
  • Shitenno
  • ZelD4
  • Ekisu