Primeros análisis de ABZÛ

B

Aparecen las primeras críticas de ABZÛ, el primer proyecto de Giant Squid con Matt Nava a la cabeza del estudio, el director de arte del clásico atemporal Journey. Buenas impresiones en líneas generales, para muchos parece ser un digno sucesor de Journey aunque la sombre de éste es alargada.

OpenCritic

Medios extranjeros:

CGMagazine - Chris Carter - 7 / 10.0

I don't even know if I'd necessarily recommend ABZÛ even if I did enjoy it.

Destructoid - Zack Furniss - 7 / 10.0

I did enjoy being in the water, but I can't help but feel the beautiful visuals and music were jamming pictures of places and emotions in my face instead of earnestly telling a compelling story. There's an unshakeable air of falsity about Abzû. As a treat to the senses, however, it's hard to beat.

Digital Spy - Stuart Andrews - 4 / 5 stars

Quote not yet availableIn many ways Abzu looks and feels like a successor to Journey, but while there's mystery and beauty in its underwater world, it's rarely quite as engaging. The simple, predictable gameplay is one barrier, the abstract nature of the story another, creating an experience that's big on audio-visual power and artistry but short on the stuff that made Journey truly magical.

However, it's worth playing for its epic high points, its unique atmosphere and the chill-out meditation, but don't expect to find perfection or a game of vast scale and depth.

Digitally Downloaded - Matt C - 5 / 5 stars

That brings me to what is, more than anything else, ABZÛ’s crowning achievement. It really captures the majesty of ocean—the beauty of it, but also the power of it. In that sense, maybe “diving simulator” is accurate, because as stylized and fantastical as it is, it expertly captures what it is that makes diving such a rewarding activity: exploring the wonders of the sea.

EGM - Emma Schaefer - 9 / 10.0

A riot of color, emotion, and sea life wrapped up in a stellar soundtrack and stunning visuals; Abzû walks a fine line between being a game and being a near-spiritual experience.

Game Informer - Matthew Kato - 8 / 10.0

Abzû isn't for everyone, but it has its rewards if you stop to enjoy them

Game Revolution - afillari - 4.5 / 5 stars

The developers at Giant Squid have made an impressive debut with ABZÛ. While very brief, almost overly so, the journey was still one to remember, especially when it features one of the most visually striking and cathartic endings in recent memory. ABZÛ is a spellbinding and visually stunning experience. I can't recommend this title enough, and it's definitely one you'll want to check out.

GameSpot - Scott Butterworth - 9 / 10

Abzu is deeply, transcendentally beautiful--not just visually splendid, but emotionally evocative. Without question, it is this year's Journey.

GamesRadar+ - David Roberts - 4 / 5 stars

Absolutely gorgeous and a joy to behold, but sticks too close to Journey's formula for its own good.

GameWatcher - John-Paul Jones - 8.5 / 10.0

The “it’s not a game” crowd will invariably struggle to see the appeal with Abzû’s monumentally relaxed pacing, but they will arguably be the ones missing out here. An absolutely resplendent experience that is thoroughly and generously stuffed with memorable moments, Abzû’s beguiling audiovisual presentation lends it an atmosphere and sense of place that very few, if any, games can match. This is the very apex of videogame escapism.

GameZone - Daniel R. Miller - No Verdict

I recommend Abzu to people who have enjoyed the kind of work thatgamecompany has put out because it looks like Giant Squid is here to do the same thing. Some might argue that $20 for 2 hours seems like a hefty price tag, but it’s all about how much you can appreciate the little things that go into game design. Abzu is a very good game, but it lacks that same amount of punch that Journey so effortlessly delivered back in 2012.

Hardcore Gamer - Matt Whittaker - 4.5 / 5.0

Abzû is the type of wondrous palate cleanser that reminds us of the beauty of video games.

IBTimes UK - Ben Skipper - 2 / 5 stars

Abzu is well beautiful and well put-together, but cannot escape its self-inflicted sense of déjà vu. Matt Nava and Giant Squid Studios have played it safe. Too safe. There is an obvious artistry to Abzu however, that we can only hope is put to better use in whatever comes next.

PC Gamer - James Davenport - 88 / 100

Gorgeous and invigorating, Abzû flounders a bit with a hamfisted story, but there’s still nothing quite like it on the PC.

PlayStation Universe - Ernest Lin - 8.5 / 10.0

ABZÛ is perfect for fans of Journey and other thatgamecompany titles, thanks to the sweet simplicity of its gameplay and visuals as well as marvelous musical score.

Polygon - Justin McElroy - 7.5 / 10.0

Abzu is gorgeous and calming but a little shallow

Push Square - Kell Andersen - 9 / 10

ABZÛ is a triumph of exploration and atmosphere. Its gorgeous underwater playgrounds are a joy to explore thanks to its perfectly tuned controls, awe-inspiring visuals, and beautiful sound design. A somewhat predictable story does little to hamper what is otherwise an utterly unique and rapturous experience.

VideoGamer - Tom Orry - 8 / 10

Abzu is a testament to where we are with video game development and shows how diverse the medium can and should be, even if it's not quite as emotionally resonant as it perhaps could have been.

WCCFtech - Kai Powell - 9.4 / 10.0

For those looking for a narrative journey that’s unlike anything else on the Playstation 4, Abzû offers plenty to experience.

Kirs90

Journey under the sea. La verdad que no tengo ni idea de si eso es bueno o malo : /

kOnOrZ

Veo que en Steam aparece, pero como que no deja pre-comprarlo... ¿o me pasa sólo a mi?

Batur

Esperando al análisis de M4n para decidirme.

B

Lo empecé ayer, en una hora y media puedo decir que el juego es literalmente sanación, buenos visuals en movimiento, escenarios grandes, abiertos a la exploración y con una música maravillosa.

Pero de momento lo veo por debajo de Journey (en parte es normal xD). Veremos esta tarde cuando lo acabe.

1 1 respuesta
kOnOrZ

#5 ¿Cuántas horas crees que pude dar?

1 respuesta
B

#6 Este tipo de ungames son cortos, imagino que alrededor de las 3 horas, dependerá de lo que te líes explorando.

Edit: un conocido en Twitter se lo ha ventilado en una hora y media, así que igual me he pasado con las 3 horas lol.

1 respuesta
B

#7 pero de que va? Que hay que hacer?

1 respuesta
B

#8 Del mismo modo que en Journey somos The Traveler, aquí somos The Diver. Básicamente es una experiencia audiovisual de exploración submarina. Con esto deberías hacerte una idea de lo que te vas a encontrar:

centu

Polygon - 7.5 / 10.0

Supongo que le faltan transexuales y feministas.

1 respuesta
Aguila2k2

Sabeis que precio va a tener? se supone que sale hoy no?

alejo

#10 Lo podrían haber arreglado metiendo percebes, o caballitos de mar.

PalesTina

Pero es un juego o es como Journey?

1 respuesta
alejo

#13 es un juego como Journey.

B

No es un juego es una experiencia

1 1 respuesta
alejo

#15 que te metan un dedo por el culo mientras follas es una experiencia, esto es un juego.

bLaKnI

Hostias. Este juego es como un sueño recurrente que he ido teniendo a lo largo de mi vida... que curioso!

Por cierto, eso del agua dentro del agua es una buena rayada! Agua que se llenda dentro de agua! WTF!

Esto es PC por cierto? Steam? Y los requerimientos muy tochos? Y la durada? Porque puedo tirarme viendo un walkthrough de este juego entero, de principio a fin joder!

1 respuesta
alejo

SO: Windows 7, 64-bit
Procesador: 3.0GHz CPU Dual Core
Memoria: 4 GB de RAM
Gráficos: Geforce GTX 750 / Radeon R7 260X
DirectX: Versión 11
Almacenamiento: 6 GB de espacio disponible

1 minuto en Google.

Usuarios habituales