10 cosas que ojalá me hubieran dicho cuando empecé a tradear (INGLÉS)

B

Me parece un pedazo de artículo de reddit, de los mejores que he leído. Personalmente mis puntos favoritos son 3,4,5 y 6.
Además añadiría la regla de oro: No inviertas lo que no te puedas permitir perder.

While I consider myself an amateur trader and a small-scale investor, over the 2+ years of trading crypto I've learned some things I'd like to share with you all, but mostly with those who are making their first steps into the uncharted cryptoland.

1. Just as with anything else in life, trading cryptocurrencies is context dependent. That means you should remain a healthy sceptic about general truths, universal rules and things that "everyone knows". Consider the famous "buy low sell high" dictum. The definition of high and low is subjective in most cases since it depends on your timescale, goals and trading strategy. If you’re a hodler, as are many of the fellow redditors here, your high and low will differ dramatically compared to the day trader's.

2. It is for the same reason that bulls and bears don't really matter. Whether you're 'bullish' or 'bearish' depends on your strategy and timescale. Consider this: to someone hodling BTC since 2013 a dip here or there (even a prolonged one) makes little difference because the price of BTC over the time continues to grow monstrously – you can call it one long-term bull market.

3. At some point, you'll bump (or you already have) into something that is called 'technical analysis'. Let me save you some time (and money, probably) by telling you this: technical analysis is neither technical, nor is it very analytical. While many traders regard TA to be a scientific way (supposedly based on mathematics) to read and predict the market moves, TA has little to do with any formal science. Differently from the surrounding physical world, we are not aware of any physical laws that govern our human behavior, including markets. If it was possible to mathematically calculate and with certainty predict market moves, the big buck guys in Wall Street would have already done it. Think about the major financial crises for a moment – just like the Spanish Inquisition, nobody (well, almost nobody) ever expected one. Does it mean TA – trends, chart patterns, MACD, RSI, Elliot wave count, etc. – is a complete rubbish? I wouldn't go as far as to claim that. It is somewhat helpful – if only a little, TA still gives you a feel of the current market mood. TA also does one other thing pretty accurately: it graphically represents historic data of human behavior in the financial markets. Surely you can benefit from that? Or do you? This brings me to another point...

4. Beware of historical analogies and 'I knew it all along' thing. As humans, we are prone to hindsight bias, a tendency, after an event has occurred, to see it as having been easily predictable. We are all blinded by hindsight bias because our brain looks for simplistic linear link between cause and effect. This way when an unexpected event happens, the brain uses the knew-it-all-along mode to cope with cognitive dissonance and make sense of the surrounding world. While trading hindsight bias harms you in two ways: a) it drains you psychologically for not making 'the right' decisions in the past, and by luring you into oversimplified historic analogies, b) it creates a false sense of investment security at the present time. Just look at everyone complaining they've sold their BTC at the worst possible time (as a matter of fact, I am no different – I still autodestructively loathe my decision to liquidate a large portion of my BTC portfolio after the BTC price hiked to 8k). It is also very tempting to think you wouldn't miss 'the next bitcoin'. The problem is, though, that it is incredibly difficult if at all possible to spot such an opportunity. You have to be either lucky or extremely well informed (and lucky) to capitalize early on such opportunity. In reality, it's very difficult to differentiate between useless information (noise) and something that truly matters (signal). Which brings me yet to another point...

5. Stop being a news junkie and start filtering what you read/hear/see. If you don't, at some point in time the quantity of consumed news will start to impact your decisions and it will begin to negatively correlate with the net gain of your investment portfolio. Instead of reading news nonstop, better educate yourself – dive deep into the market fundamentals and the technology you're dealing with. This way it will be easier for you to spot new lucrative investment opportunities when the time comes.

6. Accept the fact that idiots also happen to make lots of money and move on. Multiple times too, if they're lucky ones. However, the net worth of (lucky) idiot doesn't mean you should imitate him and become one. Some two months ago a Dutch father of two young children sold his family's house, bought BTC and other cryptocurrencies, and relocated his family to a rented property. After the recent spike in BTC price the guy's net worth must have increased substantially. So, is he an idiot? Absolutely! It is only a question of time before he ruins his own and his family's life with some incredibly reckless financial decision.

7. Try to understand the motives governing your decisions and act (or don't act) accordingly. If your actions are about to be driven by extreme emotions such as fear, panic or excitement – stop immediately and reevaluate the situation. Otherwise you'll end up belonging to the FOMO buyer/panic seller club aka the money losers. If you want to stay on the earning side long term, you must keep your head cool and think clearly.

8. Day trading is probably not for you. Consider this: evidence in neuroscience research shows that we are a loss-averse species. For this we should thank our stone age ancestors who had barely enough food, shelter and belongings to survive in a very adverse world. Losing even a little of what they had meant their existence was in jeopardy. This explains why contemporary humans prefer avoiding financial loss to making financial gain. Neuroscientists claim that losing money activates the same area of the brain that responds to mortal danger. This is why in order to do day trading you must have A LOT of self-control and balls of steel – there are many ups and downs during a single day. It drains you emotionally, you end up being addicted to adrenaline, your fiancée hates it, and the hodlers will probably outperform you in the long run anyway.

9. Volatility is your friend. Over time BTC volatility makes the coin stronger, not weaker. While wild swings in price makes BTC almost impossible to use as a currency, volatility is good from the financial asset point of view. Traders and investors dealing with BTC get used to huge and sudden price hikes and dips. Unlike for any 'stable' stock of any prominent multinational corporation, even substantial and unexpected shocks will not undermine the confidence in BTC. BTW, best of luck to everyone planning to short BTC. :)

10. Make small mistakes, learn from them, get wiser, err less. In your childhood days, you needed the experience of burning your hand with fire so that for the rest of your life you wouldn't need to think about the painful experience. That information is now hardwired in your brain and helps you to avoid getting harmed. If you've just started trading crypto, expect to make mistakes and prepare to learn from them. It's only after you get into FOMO, get panicked big time, take too big a risk, get out too early only to jump in at the worst possible time, ONLY and ONLY then you'll start to improve.

Fuente: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7iug4i/10_things_i_wish_someone_had_told_me_when_i_was/

luzius

Muy bueno, te hace auto evaluarte y ver las cosas con un poco de perspectiva, que siempre va bien.

Estoy por imprimirme los puntos 4 y 5 y engancharlos en la pared delante del pc, para mantener la calma en tiempos de guerra.

xPablo94x

Muy buen artículo, gracias por compartir estas cosas!

desu

technical analysis is neither technical, nor is it very analytical. While many traders regard TA to be a scientific way (supposedly based on mathematics) to read and predict the market moves, TA has little to do with any formal science. Differently from the surrounding physical world, we are not aware of any physical laws that govern our human behavior, including markets. If it was possible to mathematically calculate and with certainty predict market moves, the big buck guys in Wall Street would have already done it.

:psyduck: :man_facepalming:

1 respuesta
dalasmar

El punto 10 es fundamental

Arenita

Gracias por compartirlo.

Me suena que el tipo con mujer e hijos vendió todo, y se justificaba que habían aprendido a vivir sin nada en un megaviaje que hicieron y que no era mala vida. Falta que sea cierto...

eXtreM3

Traducción yolo de DeepL:

Mientras que me considero un comerciante aficionado y un inversionista a pequeña escala, durante los 2+ años de cripto comercial he aprendido algunas cosas que me gustaría compartir con todos ustedes, pero sobre todo con aquellos que están dando sus primeros pasos en la cripta inexplorada.

1. Al igual que con cualquier otra cosa en la vida, el comercio de cripto moneda depende del contexto. Eso significa que usted debe permanecer un escéptico saludable acerca de las verdades generales, reglas universales y cosas que "todo el mundo sabe". Considere el famoso dictado de "compre bajo precio de venta alto". La definición de alta y baja es subjetiva en la mayoría de los casos ya que depende de su escala de tiempo, objetivos y estrategia de negociación. Si usted es un hodler, al igual que muchos de los otros rojizos aquí, sus valores altos y bajos diferirán dramáticamente comparados con los del operador diario.

2. Es por la misma razón que los toros y osos no importan realmente. Si eres "alcista" o "bajista" depende de tu estrategia y escala de tiempo. Considere esto: para alguien hodling BTC desde 2013 una caída aquí o allá (incluso una prolongada) hace poca diferencia porque el precio de BTC a través del tiempo continúa creciendo monstruosamente - usted puede llamarlo un mercado alcista a largo plazo.

3. En algún momento, te toparás (o ya lo has hecho) con algo que se llama "análisis técnico". Permítanme ahorrarles algo de tiempo (y dinero, probablemente) diciéndoles esto: el análisis técnico no es ni técnico ni muy analítico. Aunque muchos comerciantes consideran que el AT es una forma científica (supuestamente basada en matemáticas) de leer y predecir los movimientos del mercado, el AT tiene poco que ver con cualquier ciencia formal. A diferencia del mundo físico circundante, no somos conscientes de ninguna ley física que gobierne nuestro comportamiento humano, incluyendo los mercados. Si fuera posible calcular matemáticamente y predecir con certeza los movimientos del mercado, los grandes de Wall Street ya lo habrían hecho. Piense en las grandes crisis financieras por un momento - al igual que la Inquisición española, nadie (bueno, casi nadie) esperaba una. ¿Significa que TA -tendencias, patrones de gráficos, MACD, RSI, recuento de ondas Elliot, etc. - es una completa basura? No iría tan lejos como para decir eso. Es algo útil - si sólo un poco, TA todavía le da una idea del estado de ánimo actual del mercado. TA también hace otra cosa bastante precisa: representa gráficamente datos históricos del comportamiento humano en los mercados financieros. ¿Seguro que puede beneficiarse de eso? ¿O lo haces tú? Esto me lleva a otro punto...

4. Tenga cuidado con las analogías históricas y la cosa de "lo supe todo el tiempo". Como humanos, somos propensos a un sesgo retrospectivo, una tendencia, después de que un evento ha ocurrido, a verlo como algo fácilmente predecible. Todos estamos cegados por el sesgo retrospectivo porque nuestro cerebro busca un vínculo lineal simplista entre causa y efecto. De esta manera, cuando se produce un evento inesperado, el cerebro utiliza el modo de "saberlo todo" para hacer frente a la disonancia cognitiva y dar sentido al mundo que le rodea. Mientras que el sesgo retrospectivo te perjudica de dos maneras: a) te agota psicológicamente por no tomar "las decisiones correctas" en el pasado, y por atraerte hacia analogías históricas demasiado simplificadas, b) crea una falsa sensación de seguridad de inversión en el presente. Basta con mirar a todos los que se quejan de que han vendido su BTC en el peor momento posible (de hecho, no soy diferente - sigo odiando autodestructivamente mi decisión de liquidar una gran parte de mi cartera de BTC después de que el precio de BTC subió a 8k). También es muy tentador pensar que no te perderías el próximo bitcoin. El problema es, sin embargo, que es increíblemente difícil si es posible detectar tal oportunidad. Usted tiene que ser afortunado o extremadamente bien informado (y afortunado) para capitalizar temprano en tal oportunidad. En realidad, es muy difícil diferenciar entre información inútil (ruido) y algo que realmente importa (señal). Lo que me lleva a otro punto...

5. Deja de ser un adicto a las noticias y empieza a filtrar lo que lees, escuchas y ves. Si no lo hace, en algún momento la cantidad de noticias consumidas empezará a impactar sus decisiones y comenzará a correlacionarse negativamente con la ganancia neta de su cartera de inversiones. En lugar de leer las noticias sin parar, mejor educarse a sí mismo - sumérjase en los fundamentos del mercado y la tecnología con la que está tratando. De esta manera será más fácil para usted detectar nuevas oportunidades de inversión lucrativa cuando llegue el momento.

6. Acepta el hecho de que los idiotas también ganan mucho dinero y siguen adelante. Múltiples veces también, si tienen suerte. Sin embargo, el valor neto del (suertudo) idiota no significa que debas imitarlo y convertirte en uno. Hace unos dos meses, un padre holandés de dos niños pequeños vendió la casa de su familia, compró BTC y otras cripto monedas y reubicó a su familia en una propiedad alquilada. Después del reciente repunte en el precio BTC, el valor neto del tipo debe haber aumentado sustancialmente. Entonces, ¿es un idiota? Absolutamente! Es sólo cuestión de tiempo antes de que arruine su propia vida y la de su familia con unas decisiones financieras increíblemente imprudentes.

Prava

#4 Es exactamente así. El análisis técnico ignora las fundamentales y se basa en volumen/precio y en causalidades anteriores que no tienen por qué predecir nada a día de hoy.

1 respuesta
desu

#8 No vengas de Warren Buffet, supongo que el hyper trading actual del que viven todos se basa en magia.

1 respuesta
Prava

#9 No voy de nada, explícame simplemente cómo se puede invertir ignorando el valor en sí mismo y centrándose en precio/volumen...

Usuarios habituales

Tags