Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

kasuno1

#1590 "an unskilled"
that sounds fucking bad!

Nority

#1588 It's way better in English, as well as any other book originally written in English.

1 respuesta
Thanat0s

#1592 I guess, but when I was younger (I'm still a teenager, not like Ligia) my English level was so bad I couldn't even read the title on my own.

LaDy_MiR

Hi guys,

I want to study in English Academy next year for get First Certificate. Few year ago, I studied in EOI until second year (A2, now it can get it with Bachilletaro :/ ). Now, I should get the PET but I think so it's maybe too "low" and for this I want First. Is it a bigger diference between those two level?

I promise read and see series in english this summer for remember a little :3

kasuno1

You definitely want to go for the PET as your level is a little bit low.

next year for get First Certificate that one is wrong, I'd say to get

Few year ago years* not year

now it can get it with Bachilletaro I don't understand that one at all, I assume you mean: Now I can get it with "Bachillerato"

Now, I should get the PET but I think so it's maybe too "low" and for this I want First. wtf!? xD

Is it a bigger diference between those two level? Is there a big difference between both levels?

I promise read and see series in english this summer for remember a little :3 I promise to read and watch series in english this summer to improve a little.

I don't know if all the corrections are okay but I think most do.

1 respuesta
Feuer

"Recommend me a book to read!" it's very common but I think it's wrong.

http://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=recommend+to+me+a&year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=5&smoothing=3

It's 'Recommend to me'. In the same way we say 'Explain to me'.
Can you hear 'Explain me that, please.'? Yes, you can. But it's wrong.

Recommmend a book to me! It's ok.

B

#1588 Because you grew up man... :(

#1595 Let me tell you something: you were a bit rude with him hahaha. For the future, please be gentlemanly with people :D

PS: Respect for the ladies hahaha (Ali G)

1 respuesta
franzo

Some people feeling like GOD.. ;/ hahahaha

B

#1597: You were*

1 respuesta
B

#1599 Damn it hahaha First I wrote it in first person, then in 3th person and the end in 1-3th person lol

PS: I hate type so fast... haha ;)

PS2: oIp is a faggot! Hahaha, it was a joke (find in google šOP is a faggotš)

1 respuesta
Nority

#1600 3rd

Thanat0s

Morning people.

How is it going? I just wake up and though "such a wonderful day to rape asses".

I hate to work :(

1 respuesta
B

#1602 Hahaha: Enjoy the summer sir!

PS: Fap fap fap

3eat1e

#1551 I don't think so ...

It / what I wrote was a typo.

1 respuesta
Feuer

#1604 I concur with Gavax. That sounds better, at least in AmE. But I'm not saying that 'it' is ungrammatical, of course.

I don't know how to explain it but I think that since your are referring to something you wrote a few lines above, you should say 'That was a typo.'

3eat1e

That's my point: Why does "that" sound better than "it"? "It" is grammatical correct, so is also "that", of course.

Feuer

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2264098

Here, one native speaker explains:

The word 'it' stands for (takes the place of) a noun which has already been mentioned.
The word 'that' is more general. It refers back to something previously said or experienced.

I think this explanation is not the best, but what he is trying to say is that 'it' would be more suitable in this situation:

'Sorry, I wrote rainning instead of raining. It was a typo.'
But if you are referring to something previously said sounds better: "Sorry, that was a typo."

It and that, as you know, can express different things. For example, 'It's okay' and 'That's okay' can have a slightly different meaning. But, this is another matter xD.

K

hi guys, im playing LoL with fucking retards and noobs hehehehe, not bad.

1 respuesta
Thanat0s

#1608 You mean you are noob too as long as you are playing LoL too :D

2 respuestas
K

#1609 I hate you :mad:

1 respuesta
Eleanor

I've been looking for a good book to prepare CAE and IŽve realized there are too many. Any recommendation?

B

Carlos ‏@Carlixule

I was cleaning inside of my keyboard haha: It was a bit disgusting http://pic.twitter.com/bDltEe9G

It's time for dinner, bitches hahaha. Anyway, it wasn't so bad to clean my keyboard: I've seen worst scenarios than my incredible keyboard (haha, it was a joke: my keyboard sucks D:)

#1609 owns #1610 hahaha

PS: NOOOOOOOOOB :P

2 respuestas
Khams

#1612 If that guy says "keyboard" one more time, I am going to smash mine on his head. :D

2 respuestas
garc1a

Let's improve!
Im a spanish guy that loves maths!

Thanat0s

Morning guys, today I just wake up and I went to the gym... I think I'm getting crazy.

First time in more than 10 years I do some sport in a Saturday morning.

ps: I don't count bed sports as real sports :P

1 respuesta
B

#1613 Why you say this? Don't hate keyboards :D xD

#1615 You should try to run or play football with your friends, fat guy hahaha

1 respuesta
Thanat0s

#1616 I wish I were fat, but I'm a skinny guy :(

1 respuesta
B

#1617 Ups, ok.. so.. congrats xD

B

#1612: I'm not sure but I think the correct sentence would be: "Anyway, it wasn't so bad cleaning my keyboard" or "Anyway, it wasn't that bad cleaning my keyboard"

Could anyone confirm / discuss it?

Thanks

1 4 respuestas
B

#1619 It can be good using gerunde... Anyway maybe infinitive can be good too... I didn't use gerunde because the stuff was done a few hours ago

PS: It's time to play football with my friends :P

#1613 I will not say that word, because you could become a rage monster against me. I'm so sorry for not use pronouns sir D: In fact, this is a mistake because If I don't change your mind (English opposite Spanish), I will never improve in English...

Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales