Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

yuan

#2339 I wanted say "who is Brian" but do you somebody know who is Brian? :D

Does is legit the translator of google?

1 respuesta
B

#2341 I wanted to say "who is Brian" but, does somebody know who Brian is?

Is it legit to use the Google translator? <- Here i'm just guessing. I don't know what you were trying to say.

1 respuesta
yuan

#2342 firstly tahnk you for correct me, Is it legit to use the Google translater (¿que si es de fiar el traductor de google?), Do I write very wrong? I need up score in a exam on September.

1 respuesta
P

#2343 Google Translater is totally bullshit. It may work for words alone, but for that I recommend wordreference.

1 respuesta
yuan

#2344 Ok, I will test wordreference, I like this thread, I am going to learn a lot to here, thank PERAL.

1 respuesta
JonaN

#2345 You keep writing thank, when the word you're looking for is thanks

"Thank X" is used as "say thanks to X", in situations like I'd like to thank everyone....

1 respuesta
yuan

#2346 Ok thanks' I didn't know it, see me very green, little to little.

1 respuesta
Mirtor

#2347 Ok, thanks. I didn't know it. (No creo que estar muy verde/verse muy verde sea una expresión válida en inglés) Step by step.

You need to learn to think in English, don't think in Spanish and then translate it word by word, it will be wrong. It's quite hard to do well and almost impossible to do really well until you reach a high level, but that's the goal to achieve.

1 1 respuesta
yuan

#2348 I am going to write a lot here, the little that I know is for me, anyone gave me class of english, right now I need a level for a exam of access top grade, I have passed this exam but I need more note.

1 respuesta
Innsbruck

hi!

firstly, i wish you the best. It isn't a very hard test.

I did that test, where are you from? I did a redaction, read a small text and to answer any questions, true-false, you know. I am from Andalucia, ask me any doubt.

Greetings buddy.

P.S. i'm like you with english, i need to improve more...

1 respuesta
yuan

#2350 I am from Sevilla, I did also these test and it passed it but I need note up.
Nice to meet you Innsbruck.

daimped

This week, I have my B1 exam, and I am nervous but II know that the exam is very easy and I have prepared it very good, so I hope to pass it, but I am not very good with grammar so I need to know some good expressions for the writing, which let me some points.

1 respuesta
Angel89

#2352 Good luck man! I recomend you to learn some "phrasal verbs" they're very usefull and when you use them your english look a lot better, i've heard that the teachers who corrects the exams like them! ;)

cp3

what it´s means spaniards? is like gabachos for french people?

3 respuestas
lidiota

#2354 spaniards = spanish, its used for every1, it is not just for french people, its a different way to call us

btw, i dont like to call myself as spaniard, its awful

NosFeR_

#2354 nope, it's just a demonym.

M

The next September I will have my english exam... I need to practise :\

1 respuesta
Deswar

#2357 Are we talking about First or the next level one?

1 respuesta
yuan

I see a lot people avanced in the thread, that's good!!

Today is a day very hot in Seville, 40º (it was for practice :¬¬: )

M

#2358 First

Eyvindur

I'm trying to live in Iceland and I really feel myself ridiculous delivering CVs with my shitty English skills. People don't laught because they are really kind here, but I feel so bad, I'm bitter.

sPNkKkKkKkKk

#2354 It's commonly used in U.S.A to describe Spanish people from Spain besides it's not a pejorative term.

M

Hello guys. By this time in 3 days I'm doing the "Spoken part" of the FCE. I think I can do a pretty decent job on it, but I would like to impress the examiner, I was thinking about learning some phrasal verbs or idioms like "looking forward" which means "estar esperando a que ocurra algo" or "look up" (admirar), or things like that. What else should I learn in order to impress the examiner? :DDD

I would appreciate any kind of idea that you give me. As always, thanks for reading :DDD

1 respuesta
Nority

#2363 Find someone who can speak fluently and practise as long as you can. Knowing a few phrasal verbs isn't that important, you'll incorporate them into your grammar automatically. You'll benefit much more from polishing your oral skills.
Since you may find yourself trying to make unusual sentences in the exam, practising prior to it with an experienced speaker will surely make your presentation a much better one.

1 respuesta
M

#2364 I have already done some practising with a Native English Speaker who is from Birmingham and he told me that if I keep it up I could get without problem around 75-80 % in the Speaking part. I know that it isn't as important as keep the rythm and the fluency on the speech.

I am not trying to learn the whole phrasal verb list but maybe would be worth to just learn some essentials in my speaking, not really sure about idioms though.

Besides that, thank to the intense practising in my weakest areas I have improved my listening so much, just watching sitcoms in VO without subtitles or maybe English subtitles. So I think I can get really good qualification in the written part as well.

yuan

My english speaking is the worse, in the idiomas official school I did a exam fully oral and I was all time without tell them one resquest well said, even my writting it isn't good. step by step.

Correct me, this help me.

daimped

I have my B1 Speaking test in one hour and i have stomachache :( I want to die. I hope that I do it well

2 respuestas
M

#2367 Good luck mate, you can do it! Just remember to keep the fluency on your speech and you would be fine :DDD Self confidence can make such a huge improvement!

1 respuesta
yuan

#2367 Good luck friend, you tell us something when you finish.

1 respuesta
daimped

#2368 #2369 Thanks, really, I did it yet, I think I was really good, I have very good fluency and I haven't stopped of talk, but I did some mistakes of grammar, what do you think it's more important?

Tomorrow, I have reading,writing and listening, I think that the b1 is very easy, so I am not very nervous.

You can see that I am starting with the English, but I think that working hard I can get the C1 in 3-4 years.

1 respuesta
Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales