Ronda de análisis de Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

B

El nuevo título de Patrice Désilets se destapa como una experiencia realmente original en la que viviremos la evolución de nuestros primeros ancestros hasta llegar a convertirse en el homo sapiens que somos a día de hoy.

Sin embargo es un juego con bastante mejorable en muchos aspectos, que basa casi todo su potencial en el encanto de vivir la experiencia y poco más. Además, no es recomendable para impacientes por su falta de ayudas y lo lentos que puede resultar en algunos momentos.

Plataformas:

• PC (27 Agosto, 2019)

• PS4 (Diciembre, 2019

• Xbox One (Diciembre, 2019)

Developer: Panache Digital Games

Publisher: Private Division

OpenCritic - 70 average - 48% recommended

MetaCritic - 72

Reviews

Attack of the Fanboy - William Schwartz - 4.5 / 5 stars

Ancestors is likely going to be a polarizing game, but it's something so out of the ordinary than what you've come accustomed to in either the survival or third person open world genre, that it's worth a look.

CGMagazine - Lane Martin - 7 / 10

A survival game that feels like a puzzle and plays a bit awkwardly. Overall, a brain-burning but enjoyable experience.

Critical Hit - Noelle Adams - 8 / 10

It'll be an acquired taste, but for those who have the patience for its deliberate opaqueness, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is the type of game its fans will be playing on and off for months, if not years. Its challenging nature makes it equal parts compelling and frustrating, but there's no question this smart survival adventure contains loads of rewards for persistent players.

Cultured Vultures - Jimmy Donnellan - 6.5 / 10

The early joy of discovery in Ancestors is betrayed by repetitive gameplay vignettes that feel like serious work before long.

DualShockers - Joseph Schaffner - 6 / 10

My most confident recommendation of Ancestors goes to casual gamers

Game Revolution - Paul Tamburro - 4 / 5 stars

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is like no survival game I’ve played before.

GameSpew - Chris McMullen - 7 / 10

If Panache can squash most of the bugs, this could be a Game of the Year contender. As is, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is still well worth monkeying about with and I know I’ll be coming back for more.

GameSpot - Jordan Ramée - 4 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is an unfulfilling survival game, one that never provides a compelling reason to see its journey all the way through.

GamesRadar+ - Rachel Weber - 2.5 / 5 stars

A bright idea made dull by constant repetition and diminishing rewards.

Hobby Consolas - Martín Amechazurra Falagán - Spanish - 76 / 100

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a fresh take on the survival genre, one that takes us through the steps of human evolution, but falls short of its potential with a gameplay loop that becomes monotonous really soon.

IGN - Dan Stapleton - 7 / 10

In Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, survival is easy once you decipher the basic mechanics of evolution and sit through the cutscenes, but the journey is full of moments of discovery.

IGN Italy - Damaso Scibetta - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is one of the most interesting survival games I've played in the last few years. With very interesting mechanics and a gameplay capable of evolving together with the brains of the apes, Ancestors lets us experience the struggles of the human evolution. Unfortunately cumbersome controls and a difficulty that easily leds to frustration partially ruin the experience.

IGN Spain - Miguel Ángel Escudero - Spanish - 8 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a risky, brave and immense game. Evolution as the key to everything. A huge and difficult experience just like life.

MSPoweruser - Aaron Potter - 7 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a different kind of survival game, one that's ambition sees it continually ride a fine line between being enthralling and infuriating. To refine 10 million years of human history into roughly 50 or so hours of playtime (providing your clan survives) is a staggering feat, for sure, but some mechanics are so abstract that it'll leave certain players at a loss. Providing you have the patience for it, however, Ancestors can be a rewarding trip throughout human evolution.

OnlySP - Rebecca Hills-Duty - 3 / 5 stars

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is something of an oddity. The game has a lot of depth to uncover and problems to overcome, but with a difficulty curve like a brick wall, many players will end up walking away in frustration. For those with the patience of a mountain, this is worth checking out, as the lush environments are beautiful to behold, and many fascinating discoveries wait to be made and passed on down the generations.

PC Gamer - Christopher Livingston - 58 / 100

A novel premise wrapped in an awkward and repetitive survival slog.

PCWorld - Hayden Dingman - 4 / 5 stars

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is an impossibly ambitious game, attempting to summarize the whole of human evolution into the span of a few hours—and succeeding to a surprising degree.

Polygon - Ben Kuchera - Unscored

Equal parts baffling, frustrating, and thrilling

PowerUp! - Jackson Wall - 7.8 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is an interesting game and experiment. It might not be for everyone, but if you give it a chance, your enjoyment may just evolve along with your family of apes.

Press Start - Frank Watts - 5 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is an ambitious game whose conceptual vision is the very thing that bogs it down. There's a lot of unexplained expectations of the player, and, by the time those are worked out, it's easy to become bored or frustrated with it. Very likely, both. Combined with abundant technical problems, there isn't a lot to praise about Ancestors and even less to recommend.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Brendan Caldwell - Unscored

I wrote most of this review, then felt maybe I was being too harsh. So I took a break and went back. I wanted to enjoy it.

Screen Rant - Leo Faierman - 4 / 5 stars

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a rebellious game about human evolution, replete with challenge and storytelling opportunities of bare survival.

Shacknews - Bill Lavoy - 8 / 10

Although a great game, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey falls short of perfection.

TechRaptor - Max Moeller - 8.5 / 10

Ancestors is a fantastic translation of evolutionary concepts into a game. It presents a fully-realized world that forces you to pay attention to every last detail if you want to survive.

VG247 - Lauren Aitken - Unscored

Ancestors feels wilfully stubborn.

Wccftech - Rosh Kelly - 5 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey was such an interesting idea on paper but from its complex and unexplained environment to the severe lack of exciting objectives and goals to work towards, the game doesn't quite manage to entice the player to make the very best of humanity.

WellPlayed - Zach Jackson - 6 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is an ambitious take on the survival genre that is hampered by poor design choices

Worth Playing - Cody Medellin - 8 / 10

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is far from being a title that the mainstream crowd could easily pick up and play. Technical aspects, like the wonky camera and uninviting controls, can be overcome with time, but the camera system and lack of any direction are enough to turn off most people. Stick with it through multiple restarts, however, and you'll discover a title that has loads of fulfilling moments and deep characters you'll get attached to, despite a lack of understandable speech. Games have rarely done something like this, and that fact is amplified when you look at the scope this is trying to cover. If you're looking for a survival title that feels different and distinct, give Ancestors a look.

Aeran

Vamos, que ha resultado ser la castaña que se veía venir.

Chikedor222

Cómo tiene que ser el juego para que le den 5, 6 y 7.

Perico97

"A bright idea made dull by constant repetition and diminishing rewards"
Sobre el papel parecía una buena idea pero tiene pinta de que es repetitivo hasta decir basta, una pena porque me interesaba la premisa.

sagem9

es que el juego no tiene sentido ninguno y es feo de cojones... no esperaba mas

Word-isBond

Desde cuando un 7 es mala nota?

2 respuestas
saruto

#6 desde que es la nota estandar para la mierda, porque no tienen los huevos de poner un 5

Kayder

Siempre me acuerdo de esta imagen xDDD

36 2 respuestas
Word-isBond

#8 Sí, refleja muy bien la mentalidad.

1 respuesta
Arrancalifes

#9 Y por eso un 7 es una mala nota.

B

Si ya pintaba a mierda de siempre xd

Calzoncillo

Olía a hez de lejos.

StrongUnicor

Si hubiera sido enfocado en llegar hasta el homosapiens en vez de tanto mono me hubiera llamado más la atención.

Zegatron

Caerá, me llama la atención lo único de la propuesta, creo que hay que dar una oportunidad y sobretodo, con juegos originales, hay que probarlo por uno mismo.

Quizás eso marrón que veis en la pantalla no es mierda sino chocolate.

tute07011988

La idea me mola mucho, así que será jugado en algún momento, pese a las reviews.

Lo que no me mola es el hecho de que los animales se vean como un pegote en los escenarios, no combinan bien.

Drulo

#6 desde que un 7 es por ejemplo lo que se lleva el Conan Exiles.

1 respuesta
Word-isBond

#16 Una nota muy acorde, un 7 es un buen juego, y el Conan lo fue.

wajaromau

#8 a ver pero creo que es la mentalidad del usuario que esta agilipollado con las notas. Para cualquiera con 2 dedos de frente sabe que un 7 significa bueb juego.

SFC

Un meh muy grande tras jugarlo mas de una hora.

Inver

He jugado unas horitas, y tras la primera evolución lo he dropeado ipso facto. Hay un pedazo de bug cuando estás en el segundo asentamiento que no te deja jugar más, aparece un puto tigre en tu campamento y se empieza a cargar a todos los monos. Si al menos pudieses defenderte o atacar, perfecto, pero la cámara se cambia al mono atacado 0'1 segundos antes de que te ataque el tigre sin poder esquivar ni hacer nada.

Un fallo garrafal. Además el juego bastante repetitivo, me limitaré a ver streamings a ver hasta donde evolucionan xD

Denian

La idea es interesante pero el juego es muy malo, lento, repetitivo, y sobretodo con unos controles y animaciones ortopedicos que lastran todo lo demas que pudiese tener bueno, parece una alpha o un early access muy temprano.

Usuarios habituales