Ronda de análisis de Code Vein

B

Code Vein, lo nuevo de los creadores de God Eater es un título que intenta imitar la fórmula de Dark Souls, pero que se queda solo en eso, haciendo aguas en casi todos sus apartados, donde solo se salvan la BSO y el editor de personajes.

Plataformas:

• PlayStation 4 (Sep 27, 2019)
  • Xbox One (Sep 27, 2019)
  • PC (Sep 27, 2019)

Developer: BANDAI NAMCO Studios

Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

OpenCritic - 73 average - 59% recommended

MetaCritic - 70

Critic Reviews

Cerealkillerz - Gabriel Bogdan - German - 8.1 / 10

Code Vein is missing the final touch in some areas but Anime Fans as well as Soulslike Veterans will still get an extensive and interesting title with a thrillig story.

DualShockers - David Gill - 7 / 10

Code Vein features anime vampires and fast combat, but it's too reliant on the exact Soulslike formula to stand out on its own.

EGM - Mollie L Patterson - 8 / 10

There was a lot of potential for Code Vein to end up little more than a mediocre Dark Souls clone dressed in anime clothing, and yet, it's actually kinda, sorta, pretty good. The game mixes some long-established gameplay qualities with a totally engrossing class system and a story that's more enjoyable than it has any right to be. Code Vein won't be for everyone, even if you're a Souls fan, but if the overall idea sounds appealing, the execution might surprise you.

Fextralife - Castielle - 8.6 / 10

Code Vein is not Dark Souls. It lacks the polished combat and stellar world design of the legendary franchise. However, it makes up for these things with it's brilliant character customization, a deep narrative with twists and turns, and Skills and Abilities that challenge the player to defeat enemies in a way they never would have thought of before. On top of that, the cooperative multiplayer should keep you playing well after you've finished the game, and adds significant value to a game that was already worth the price tag. If you're a Dark Souls fan, Code Vein is a must buy game!

Game Informer - Daniel Tack - 6.5 / 10

You can have some fun with the stylish anime accoutrements, but Code Vein leans far too heavily on its inspirations and fails to capture any of the associated magic

Game Revolution - Jason Faulkner - 4.5 / 5 stars

Quote not yet available

GameSkinny - Jordan Baranowski - 8 / 10 stars

Code Vein is an anime souls-like featuring great customization and a wonderfully bizarre world.

GameSpot - Richard Wakeling - 6 / 10

Code Vein adds its own spin to the Souls-like formula, but dull enemy encounters sap its combat of any life.

Gamers Heroes - Blaine Smith - 8 / 10

Code Vein is an exciting, rewarding, and tenebrous venture into the Souls-like space with a fantastic class system, explosive combat, and dark narrative – hindered only by its lack of visual prowess and odd UI design.

GaminGuardian - Alberto Morales Palencia - Spanish - 8.5 / 10

Code Vein is much more than an anime aesthetics Dark Souls, since it contributes its grain of sand to differentiate itself in new playable mechanics and a fantastic audiovisual section.

God is a Geek - Mick Fraser - 8 / 10

Despite a number of performance issues and combat that feels just a little too loose and mashy compared to its genre-mates, Code Vein presents a unique take on the Soulslike formula

Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 3.5 / 5

I'm of two minds when it comes to Code Vein. On one hand, it's a serviceable and surprisingly delightful Souls-like game that comes with its own flair.

Hobby Consolas - David Martinez - Spanish - 80 / 100

Code Vein is a perfect RPG for newcomers. It keeps every element in the "souls like" genre, but combat is easier (thanks to a second character) and narrative seems more traditional. Anime style and vampires suit perfectly this kind of gameplay.

IGN - By Mike Epstein - 7 / 10

Code Vein takes some interesting chances with Soulslike mechanics and finds mixed results, but there's something worth sinking your teeth into here.

IGN Italy - Alessandra "Aelinar" Borgonovo - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Code Vein is an anime soulslike with a huge focus on character build and an endearing story that could relate to the God Eater series.

PCGamesN - Jason Coles - 7 / 10

An unholy union of anime, Dark Souls, and My Chemical Romance, Code Vein is as much about style as substance. If that sounds good to you, then you're in for a treat, even if it lacks some of the polish of the genre's best.Jason Coles

PlayStation Universe - Timothy Nunes - 6.5 / 10

Code Vein does a few things well, like the amount you can customize as well as how enjoyable it is to explore the world proper. However, combat lacks the kind of refinement needed for such a complicated battlefield, and companions prove either useless or render you useless. Code Vein features many heavy inconsistencies that hide away a few good ideas.

Press Start - Harry Kalogirou - 6.5 / 10

The Souls games are some of my fondest gaming experiences ever, and while I never expected Code Vein to surpass them, it's hard not to be disappointed by its middling results. It's far from a bad game, it has systems and ideas that push the genre forward in exciting and innovative ways, but fumbles on the execution on some of the others that are core to the experience. If you have an interest in Code Vein's world or characters, or can't get enough Souls, you might find that the positives outweigh the negatives, but I can't recommend it to someone looking for the next transformative Souls-like experience.

Push Square - Jacob Hull - 7 / 10

Code Vein is a stylish JRPG with an interesting combat system that just falls short in a few areas. Its inspirations are clearly worn on its sleeve, but it brings enough to the table to stand out on its own. This title has promise, and we think the developer could iron it out into a worthy franchise if it's given the chance to make future instalments.

RPG Site - Lucas Rivarola - 5 / 10

Despite its attempts, Code Vein ends up being nothing more than just another Dark Souls clone.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

An excellent game, despite a few technical issues and voice acting problems, the game is extremely enjoyable and excels in applying simplified souls concept. I recommend this game to beginners who want to try the souls concept or previous players who couldn't handle the difficulty but wants to try the concept in a more simplified manner.

Shacknews - Sam Chandler - 8 / 10

Quote not yet available

The Games Machine - Alessandro Alosi - Italian - 8.4 / 10

Code Vein is a good dark anime-style action RPG. There are some flaws like the AI or various technical/graphic imperfections, but the articulated combat system, the versatile gameplay, the co-op and a plot that holds up to the end despite stereotypes and clichés manage to give to novices and experts 40+ hours of brutal souls like fun.

TheSixthAxis - Miguel Moran - 7 / 10

Code Vein is addictive, yet frustrating. It's promising, yet unpolished. There are a lot of interesting ideas here that come together to craft a unique and engaging experience. I just wish that the flaws here weren't so glaring, because they keep Code Vein from being a great game instead of just a good one.

Wccftech - Rosh Kelly - 7.5 / 10

While Code Vein has a lovely art style, the story is the boring kind of bonkers. The combat is fun and the exploration satisfying, but the locations feel repetitive, the sidekicks annoying and in the end, it feels like Dragons Dogma's edgier cousin.

Springs

Para mi es lo esperado, un juego de 7,5, pero claro esto en la cultura actual entiendo que es un fracaso sin precedentes y se traduce en un 4, tirando alto xd.

Caerá bastante más adelante, pero caerá, la demo me gusto.

Galeos

Mejores críticas de las que me esperaba. Caerá algún día.

P3R35AN5

Que un juego con esta estética, siendo una IP nueva y bebiendo de DS tenga un 7 es como si fuera un 9, cae hoy.

3 2 respuestas
Netcore

He probado la demo esta mañana y me ha parecido un poco flojo... No le he visto mucho potencial

Vain92

Pues a mí me llama muchísimo la atención, la verdad. Será que me estoy volviendo un weeb pero esta estética me flipa. De hecho fue lo que me hizo comprarme el Astral Chain.

Fornax

Aquí se viene por el waifu generator. Todo lo demás es secundario.

Jhael

Quitando tema grafico, estetica... vamos a lo jugable puro:

Probando la demo al principio me daba esa sensacion de copia mala de souls, lords of the fallen...., le di otra oportunidad (con la demo nueva con las 2 dungeon que pusieron tipo calice, especialmente la de lv 40) y joder engancha mucho el sistema de combate, eso de los arquetipos segun la sangre, y poder mezclar armas/skills... le dan un toque muy guapo una vez que te haces al sistema de combate, encima la dungeon es dificililla.

Mi consejo es que probeis la demo hasta el final. El backlog no me deja tiempo para jugarlo ahora, pero caera seguro.

Hachu

Ni tan mal.....

Perico97

Una duda "simple" que me surgió al ver Gameplays ¿El combate varía dependiendo del arma que tengas, con sets de movimientos etc, o puedes "especializar" al personaje? (Lo digo porque vi que todos los stats subían automáticamente al subir de lvl) Me interesaría algo parecido al mago aunque me parece a mí que no hay nada parecido (O que si lo hay no es un mago como tal xD)

1 respuesta
DrGamba

#4 kinda secundo tu comentario. No caerá hoy pero de seguro que caerá cuando rule por debajo de la mitad de precio.

Hiboshi

Es gracioso porque muchas críticas que le hacen se le podrían aplicar a Dark Souls tranquilamente y ese es GOTYAY. Estoy con #4, solo que yo no me lo pillaré xD

m0n3t3

#10 si, depende del code que lleves equipado cambian las stats y las habilidades que puedes llevar en principio, aunque luego las puedes usar en cualquiera

Konishi

Me meto a ver las reviews the Steam y la mayoría son del creador de personajes. :psyduck:

Alguien que le haya dado ya un rato, ¿que tal el gameplay? Lo que vi en trailers me parecía algo tosco..

1 respuesta
m0n3t3

#14 es como god eater pero un poco mas lento, no me parece tan malo como se veia en los videos

pero si puedes probar la demo sales de dudas mas facilmente

Usuarios habituales