Thread to practise English (Part Two)

holon23

Well done #420, always be cool talk a little for yourself

Rafyelzz

#420 and #421 i suggest you to use Babylon translator 7. Its really powerfull and cool tool =)

AG

I suggest not to use any of the translators of the Internet. They are way sort of crappy. Dictionaries will be always the best resort for doubts.

Rafyelzz

Babylona Trans.7 is a mix of them. Has a very complete dictionary (u also can download dictionaries for other languages within the program, as russian in my case) with lots of usefull expressions and so on. and the translator itself.

holon23

Thanks for all the advices, it seems like this thread are for only high level speakers

AG

If you have dictionaries what do you want a translator for? If you are able to manage yourself with dictionaries and your own knowledge I don't find useful to use automatic, assisted tool translations to make up sentences. In fact, a translator clips your wings once you start using it instead of thinking on your own.

As a translator (not electronic but real), I would never recommend the use of that kind of tools.

#425 there is room here for everyone, and the English level makes no difference.

LeiTeR

#418 Or I'm IN agreement with you, not like he said

#407 A high level near or even above than the Proficiency one, lots of phrasal verbs, idioms, collocations... but actually I haven't learn as many I wanted. I've been practising pronunciation with my mates in class, but I have to recognize it's quite bad. Anyway, I'm almost sure I could live properly abroad with my English. By the way, I want to go to England to improve my English.

AG

Proficiency compared to IELTS (highest level test) is ridiculous in terms of difficulty. I sweated blood three years ago to pass it.

LeiTeR

#428 Can u speak German too? I'd like to learn it :(

In my case, a title isn't so important as the satisfaction you get when you learn English, new expressions... In fact, I'd like to know if it really worths. Anyway, I'll attend to the next FCE exam :S

#430 Translators are the worst at building sentences, they don't respect tenses.

Rafyelzz

#428 I'm sorry but i'm telling that for people who still has problems building sentences, so they'd find useful the help of a good translator. Of course when you already know that, you just need a good dictionary with all kind of useful expressions and built compossed words or sentences to continue improving. At the moment i never use the translator tool for english, just for russian, and if in any case i dont understand a shit of the meaning of a sentence in english, then i use it.

DaRkViRuZ

this summer i stay at home

Milord

Ohh yeees! For the ass for the ass!

Soadcete

#431 But you will go out with some friends, no?

PrinceValium

hello, my name is miguel

acrivi

jajaja i learn to speak thanks to games and the shit school..
but the better for practise/improve your english is go to a place where it's spoken.. i have been 2 weeks in london a mounth ago and is the best for learn!
So i recommend travel to londonnnn, is very cheap try with rynair low cost fares ^^
I bought the travelticket 30€ ..
Regards.

Khanser

#435 keep trying man....

Narniana

#411 As I said, I'm only talking from experience. I didn't have a low level of english when I first moved to Ireland, I just didnt have a level cuz my understanding of the language didn't go much further than Hello, I don't speak english. Yes, it is a slow process, you won't get here one day and the next leave speaking like a native, but it is the only way you will learn properly. Other than that you might have some understanding speaking wise, and a high level when it comes to writting but thats it. I'm not by any means trying to put anyone down here, I'm just saying it is not possible to be fluent in a language when you havent lived in the country, unless you only speak the language (with natives at home), like in the case of people whose parents are from a different country etc. But then again, I'm only talking from what I've seen in the time I've been living here.

rbij

#402 aaa sorry m8 i didint write PERFECTLY like you do , i left ireland when i was 13 and im 19 now, so its normal i dont write perfect =) and dont call me a child grab a mic and you would will see i have an irish accent because english is my first language so, i dont give a bollox what u think m8 i speak fluent english and you dont =) love andd kissesssss

kas

Nice threat, but is it allowed to write with gonna, wanna, hafta, m8, etc?

Narniana

#438 What part of Ireland are u from?

J40

I also want to live in Ireland, the area of Lucan or something like that ... But I do not know if someone I would bed by that place, would have to talk to someone from there ... Narniana perhaps?

ZeroX_r00lz

o.o

I've just have seen this thread, and i think it's a very good idea. Keep all the good work.

See you

rbij

#440 from a small town in wicklow called bray. look for it on google.

in summer it always got packed full of spanish students, its a good little town for you to learn english.

Narniana

I know where it is. I've been there a few times, it's a nice enough place

#441 Ask my da ;)

rbij

heheh well thats my home town, my brother still lives there. =)))

Narniana

I live in Lucan, it's still Dublin but very close to Co. Kildare. How come you moved??

J40

I do not think there problem your father and me are getting along. Then everything settled, I'm going to Lucan! :P

I hope that you anxious wait me ...

Rafyelzz

#437 I'm sorry but i disagree 100% What you say is false and dot lol. This is the way you got it, but it doesnt meant that you can get it in other ways. I can talk fluent english as written as spoken without being outta spain ever.

rbij

#446 uuu long story , im originaly from here but my mother loved ireland when she was small and wanted to move back, why i came back to tenerife is another long story hehe

#448 no you cant . its impossible for you to speak FLUENT english without leaving spain stop talking bullshit

J40

#448 Never can speak fluent English and slang without salts Spain this insurance

Usuarios habituales

• AG
  • Dod-Evers
  • Narniana
  • Dj_Sergio
  • Rafyelzz
  • J40
  • Spybreak