Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

Meaven

#3089 I wanted to mean extendable in time, "prorrogable" in Spanish. Maybe the term chosen wasn't the best :/
But yeah, like #3089 says, some politicians in France, Italy or Netherlands are asking for referendums.

1 respuesta
B

#3091 I will have to put a "footnote" *not correcting.
Hahaha you used it correctly, c'mon give yourself a break.
I was just wondering if you meant that the other countries may do it as well.

#3090 thanks!
Well, Marie Le Pen has celebrated the victory and she is strongly against refugees and immigration, so I can see why she would want that.

CsNarsil

Morning guys, I won't lie to you, I'm quite disappointed with the electoral results in Spain.

Do you think the 'Brexit' has done damage to emerging parties, left-wing party 'Unidos Podemos' in particular?

Share your thoughts on this topic, we can have a healthy debate about this.

1 respuesta
Mirtor

#3093 I don't think so, the 'European question' is not really a thing in Spain.

1 respuesta
B

#3094 but I think the media has repeated over and over what would happen if UK exits the UE that maybe it has had some effect in the votes.

I'd like to believe that this was the consequence of these months trying to unsuccessfully establish a government

1 respuesta
CsNarsil

#3095 And the answer of the voters is another 4 years of a corrupted party? More than 6.000 'isolated' cases and growing.

1 respuesta
B

#3096 don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

I know how many corruption scandals they have, you know how many corruption scandals they have, but I know some people who said "well, I prefer to be robbed by them rather than having Podemos as the government."
And I'm not talking about people of 40+, I'm talking about young people.
Better the devil you know...

2 1 respuesta
Mynkon

Everyone is entitled to their own informed opinion, and I think the informed part is what's missing in most cases.

2 1 respuesta
CsNarsil

#3097 Better the devil you know..., that's the most rancid saying ever known. If everyone thought like that, humanity would've never evolved from the stone age. And just for the record, I didn't vote for UP because of their economic program, but neither I voted for PP.

1 respuesta
B

#3099 with all due respect and meaning no offense, I really don't care because it's not my place to judge anyone's opinion/vote.
What I know is that the media has created a hate/fear atmosphere surrounding only some political parties and, I would dare to say that 90% of the population doesn't read political agendas.

#3098 they think they are informed because they watch/read biased news

What do you think will happen?
Will they pact?
Will they abstain themselves from voting and elect the PP to rule?
New elections?
what do you want to happen?

1 respuesta
CsNarsil

#3100 None taken, and I agree 100% with your last paragraph.

B

The reason democracy in Spain is so bullshit it's mostly young people's fault, most of them didn't even go to vote and older people over 50 years voted like around 90% of them and they only have 2 choices the PP or the PSOE.

Mynkon

This system shouldn't be called democracy, because it's really not.

1 respuesta
Kisuke

I am going to do the b1 exam the next wednesday (speaking) and reading/writing/listening (friday) but...i dont have preparation to doing it :(

2 respuestas
B

#3103 what should we call it then?
I think that the d'Hont law should be changed, but the ones who have to change it are not very keen on it. XD

#3104 why not?
I'm sure you'll do fine.
Just relax a little and think that the examiner is your friend and you're having a beer.

2 respuestas
Mynkon

#3105 representative government! I saw a video on "democracy" that I thought was quite interesting (this one, it's in Spanish). I would love to read more about Ancient Greece's democracy, it amazed me.

1 respuesta
B

#3106 wow, that was very interesting to watch.
Thank you for sharing it!!!

Kisuke

#3105 Well...I prefer other drink, like milk with colacao or juice of melocoton... :) Thanks!

1 respuesta
Li3cht

Anyone else waiting for any Cambridge exam result?

I was expecting to receive my grade yesterday :@ Could "Brexit" delay this process?

1 respuesta
airda95

#3108 Melocoton in English is Peach

#3109 No, but I'm interested to do any Cambridge exam. Probably the PET level! :wink:

#3104 Why? Have you done an English course recently to preparing you for the exam? Good luck in the exam!

Very interesting thread! We can practise our English. We mustn't speak like Anna Botella xD :)

B

What are your plans for the summer???
Mine is going from the beach to the swimming pool.

It's been a difficult year and I reeeeally want to relax a bit.

1 respuesta
12 días después
CsNarsil

#3111 I only got two vacation weeks, and I think I'll travel to Barcelona at least one of them.

I'll stay at home the remaining one, going to the swimming pool and relaxing playing some DOTA or CS:GO :D

B

Finaly, I don't travel too.
I'll stay at home the remaining month.
At least, I can spend more time in my books.
I before played DOTA, but now don´t play anything.

I don't understand why I can read english "pefectly" and, however, I can't explain me in writting well.

Meanwhile I was looking for "meme in english" I found this

curious

2 respuestas
g0ttlich

#3113 Within a linguistic context, your comprehension abilities (listening and reading) will be always higher than your production abilities (speaking and writting).

A brief example; you can read (which includes not just decodifying the written code but understanding it) Cervantes' work, but you cannot (at least without presenting several diffculties) write as he did.

B

#3113 i don't travel either

I before played DOTA, but now ___ don´t play anything.
You missed the subject there :)

Sooooo my plan was to relax and have fun, but last week I was offered to teach a one week course xD.
The beach would have to wait, damn ;)

1 1 respuesta
CsNarsil

#3115 No problem there, it's just one week and more money to spend!

1 respuesta
B

#3116 I wish I could spend it, but I have to save it.

8 días después
CsNarsil

Morning guys, I want to debate about a new topic: Clinton or Trump?

Make your choice, and please, defend and explain it. Now I'm kinda busy, so I'll explain mine later.

2 respuestas
Mirtor

#3118 Clinton. I don't like her, but the fact that Trump has stated that he wants to build a wall on the Mexican border and make the Mexican government pay for it is something I find utterly ridiculous. Also, he said he wants to put special pressure on the muslims, and that is clearly against the Constitution. I don't like democratic leaders who openly try to ignore the Constitution of their countries.

Adamassartus

I have to agree with the user above, ''Mrs. C'' seems to be the lesser evil in this equation, even if the result foresees equally bad. For me Trump stands as a propaganda dream, trying to state that 'America' is the best place if it wasn't filled with vermin, that all problems are caused by immigration and foreign influence and he is the ultimate 'dead-rat-in-the-head' savior that will unite them all. I wonder what will happen with all that blooming racism and intolerance when that backfires (Either by T not giving a fuck about people, or starting an international conflict, etcetera).

1 respuesta
Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales