2016 NA Scouting Grounds

Yaya

Nueva iniciativa de Riot en territorio americano, organizarán un torneo en Noviembre para descubrir nuevo talento, invitando a jugadores en los mas alto de master/Challenger a jugar un torneo en los estudios de la LCS, además de hacer bootcamp con equipos como Echo Fox o Team Liquid y invitando a todos los equipos de la región para que hagan scout de nuevo talento.

Do you have what it takes to be an NA Challenger or LCS pro?

This November, we’ll be inviting the top players from the NA ranked ladder to a brand-new event at the NA LCS Studio in Los Angeles, CA! They’ll get a chance to bootcamp and level-up with organizations - including Echo Fox, Team Liquid, and more - before competing in an in-house tournament to showcase their skills to the NA LCS and Challenger teams.

On October 31, we’ll review the NA ranked ladder, and select the 4 highest-ranked players from each role (Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support) who meet the criteria listed below for invitations. On November 13, the invited players will join us at the NA LCS Studio, where they’ll be drafted into event teams by LCS pros and coaches for the duration of the NA Scouting Grounds. They’ll spend a few days working with them on their communication, strategy, and gameplay. At the end of the week, they’ll compete with the other invited players in a round robin tournament to demonstrate their skills in front of NA LCS and Challenger teams. After the event concludes, VODs of all matches will be released so international teams can learn more about the players.

In early October, we’ll be sending out a survey to the email address attached to the League of Legends account for all Master and Challenger players (who meet the event requirements below) to see who is interested in attending this event. You must complete this survey to confirm interest and be eligible for the event, so make sure to watch out for that email.

Good luck, and happy climbing!

Dates:

• Early October: Survey sent out to Master and Challenger players
  • October 31: We’ll review the ranked ladder to send out invites
  • November 13-19: 2016 NA Scouting Grounds
  • How we’ll contact you: The email attached to your League of Legends account.

Number of people: We’ll be inviting the 4 highest-ranked players of each role from the NA ranked ladder (20 total).

Player Requirements:

• You must respond to the survey when it’s sent out in October.
  • You must be 16 years of age by the start of the Challenger Series 2017 spring split.
  • You’re very interested in playing LoL professionally.
  • You have not played in more than 2 professional LoL matches in any league.
  • You cannot be under contract by any professional team including Challenger teams at the time invites go out.
  • You’re a North American resident as determined by the Interregional Movement Policy.
  • You can pass a player behavior check, similar to what Challenger and LCS players must pass. This check includes a review of in-game behavior, Terms of * Service violations, and looks at previous bans or suspensions.

Q&A
Am I responsible for my flight or housing while I’m there?
Nope! We’ll take care of all transportation, housing, and meals during the event.

Is this happening in Europe as well?
EU’s partnership with the European Regional Leagues (ERL) means that there’s an existing system that feeds directly into their Challenger Series Qualifiers, giving exposure to talented young players, and rising stars in local European leagues. Although they’re open to considering additional scouting options in the future, they’ll be concentrating on these local partnerships for this season. They’ll be sharing more information soon on how to watch all the upcoming ERL finals over on eu.lolesports.com.

If I come to the event, am I guaranteed a spot or a tryout for a pro team?
No. We’re inviting all of the NA Challenger Series and NA LCS teams to participate in the event so they can scout all of the attending players. However, we can’t guarantee organizations extending any offers or additional tryouts to event participants. Organizations are all participating in the event because they’re looking for the best talent NA has to offer. As a participant, you will have an opportunity to talk with the different teams and show them what you bring to the table.

What if I have played in 3 LCS/CS matches?
The primary goal of this event is to give undiscovered talent the opportunity to showcase their skills to NA LCS and Challenger organizations. We’re aiming to give players who haven’t had much chance for exposure time to shine, so if you’ve had a chance to show your skills in 3 or more LCS/CS games, unfortunately, you’ll be ineligible for this opportunity.

What happens if I never responded to the initial survey?
We’ll be using the initial survey in October to get some important information from you such as your role of choice, your interest in participating in this event, and some release forms for sharing your information with pro teams. If you do not respond to it before we send out invites, we’ll unfortunately have to assume that you did not want to participate. We’ll announce exactly when the survey will be coming out closer to October via Twitter on @Lolesports and the Esports Boards.

What if I like playing multiple roles?
For this event, you’ll need to determine a main role that you want to qualify as, and then make sure to queue with that role as your primary role.

What if I’m getting my off role the majority of the time?
Just make sure that your primary role when you queue is the role that you’re wanting to qualify as. If you’re hoping to qualify as a mid, then you should make sure to queue with mid as your primary role for the majority of your games. We can check your queue history on a case by case basis if this looks like it’ll be an issue for someone.

If I’ve gotten suspended or banned before, can I still qualify?
If you’re an aspiring pro player, then you should be prepared to be held to the same standards as current NA LCS and Challenger players. Every player attending the event will need to be able to pass the same behavior check that pro players have to pass. If you’ve been banned in the past, you are still potentially eligible to attend, but you need to use these next few months as an opportunity to improve your behavior.

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting selected for the event?
We’re basing our invite list directly off of the NA ranked ladder so keep climbing as the role you want to qualify as. The higher your rank, the more likely you’ll be invited.

I still have questions about the event...where should I ask them?
Grant Warren (Riot G d3mon), J.T. Vandenbree (Riot Tiza) and Derek Dennis (RiotIceChest) will be around to answer questions about the event.

Singed

Buena idea copiar las cosas que salieron bien de la Kespa.
Te toda Riot EU u_u, ah no que van a su roio con "otra cosa"...

Yaya

A mi me parece una de las mejores cosas que ha organizado Riot en los últimos tiempos, ojalá salga muy bien y gente que vaya a esto de la cara y pueda dar el salto al competitivo, aunque sea en la CS, que bien hace falta renovación de talento.

Y si sale bien, ojalá llegue a EU también, que tampoco va sobrada de talento nuevo la región.

Rito_Tryhard

Lo mejor que hizo riot desde que creo el el competitivo del lol.

DarkNinjaLoL

Hay un tal Wickd por ahí que parece buenillo, si lo hacen en EU se la saca fijo.

Singed

Por cierto, esto apunta a franquiciado, no? es un intento de draft para potenciar la CS pero... algo hay algo preparan.

Aunque es una copia de la Kespa cup que tan buenos resultados dio.

Y EU como siempre durmiendo. Luego dirá la gente "se lo dan todo a NA", sin saber la autonomía que tienen las regiones... que es brutal.

Yaya

Yo lo del franquiciado, hasta que no vea que los equipos de la LCS se mueven, no me lo voy a terminar de creer, pero esto es una buena manera de tener un scout facil de talento para ello.

B

Una idea cojonuda. Ojala se haga tambien en Europa.

2 comentarios moderados
hawker

A ver si así se refresca un poco la escena, que ya hay demasiado parasito

Mensey

Después de casi 6 años, se les ocurre hacer algo así? Ahhh claro, que en esta season hay menos viewers y la gente pasa mas de ver el lol.

Que se esfuercen también por el meta.

1 respuesta
Lova

pues ya era hora de algo así, me resulta asqueante ver la "endogamia" en que se han convertido las lcs eu/na

Aldarion_21

#12 Si, esto es claramente por los viewers. Lo van a petar veras.

B

A ver cómo lo hacen aún así, que estoy más que acostumbrado a las chapuzas de Rito. A mí no me venden la moto hasta que la vea andar. Pero era una consecuencia clara del modelo de Challenger, a nadie engaña eso, eso no es una fábrica de talento, es un tapón para evitar que nada cambie.

Por supuesto Riot EU a su ritmo.

Dase

Al fin llega la ayuda que necesita esa región.

Nujabes

¿Y lo que molaría que se hiciese un Draft estilo NBA?

2 meses después
Yaya

No se si os acordareis de esto, pero ya hay lista mas o menos oficial de gente que irá al torneo, igual alguno de ella no va por toxico o porque dice que no al invite, pero asi hay una idea general:

** Top **
fallenbandit
bobjenkins
tf blade
maxtrobo

** Jungler **
silas
omargod
gahlin
wiggily
bmxspecks

** Mid **
Tuesday Chicken
god rj
strompest
butler delta

** ADC **
skt bang molesac
zaganox
vincente vu
kingvex

** Support **
cute pupper irl
winter is back
twitchtv lolfill
PandaTV
JayJ

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L02czHBxEWwFoUiNbA7hw6mGTOlO7_UBWGiCqB1bwu4/edit#gid=966181583

B

Así que bote pronto fallenbandit, tf blade en top, Silas kroeger en jungla, stronpest en mid, Vicente vu adc y winter de support son chavales que ya apuntan en soloQ, al menos son los que he seguido yo. También apuntan mucho massacre, insanityXXX o Stun, aunque no se si al final están apuntados.

Yaya

Strompest y Galin son los dos que mas me suenan a mi de esa lista, junto a JayJ y PandaTV.

Quiero ver que sale de esto la verdad, a ver si luego termina alguno en algun equipo, aunque sea de sub o en challenger.

2 respuestas
B

#20 Yo espero que este bien y sirva a los chavales, siempre me ha molado estas cosas, de hecho los streams que suelo ver son los de esta gente, tanto en NA como EU y KR, así que a ver que tal

Rito_Tryhard

#20 al top1 de NA de soloQ no le han dejado entrar en esto, por toxico xD.

Y era el que mas posibilidades tenia de ser escogido yo creo.

3 respuestas
B

#22 Bueno, Tardzaned lo que tiene de bueno lo tiene de tóxico, además lo veo demasiado jugador de soloQ (más que el resto), hay algunos jugadores como InsanityXXX o Massacre (Cody Sun) que se les ve ese toque de teamplay que puede buscar un equipo de challenger para desarrollar al jugador. Veo de hecho con más posibilidades a Silas, que tiene muy buena pinta, aunque ni punto de comparación con gente como Contracz que hace 3 meses estaba también en esa situación y era bastante mejor.

Yaya

#22 Tardzaned que se quede quietecito donde está, cosa mas rager de jugador, la hostia xd

Intencity

Espero que funcione, esto podría traer mas frescura y competencia a la LCS NA.
Ver las mismas popularidades acabadas desfilando por el competitivo + un par de coreanos random en cada equipo es cansino.

J

ojala vaya tyler1

eVeL

No esta painless de support? :/

1 respuesta
B

#27 Creo que por estar de sub en Liquid, leí algo como que si estabas de sub en algún equipo no podías presentarte.

2 respuestas
B

#28 es una de las normas, si tienes contrato con algun equipo no puedes ir.

eVeL

#28 Pero canceló el contrato solo para poder aspirar al scouting si no recuerdo mal. Y el tio tenia 2 cuentas en chullenger, nose, voy a ver si veo algo xD

Vale acabo de ver que el pringao se creia que el lock para el ladder era al final del dia y resulta que era al medio dia y se ha quedao fuera. Pues RIP

Usuarios habituales