Entrevista a SK Ocelote

eXtreM3

Today we had the chance to sit down with arguably the most well known League of Legends personality,
es Carlos "ocelote" Rodríguez Santiago. He told us his thoughts about the recent game changes, season 2 results, and what the future holds for SK Gaming!

I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to talk to us, would you like to introduce yourself?

Hey! I'm Carlos Rodriguez, more known as 'ocelote' around here.

Could you tell us a bit about how you started League of Legends and your journey from Level 1 to LAN?

Well, as many people know already from another interviews, I came from World of Warcraft, where I was a professional player as well .My goal was always, no matter what I did, stick to being a top notch contender.

When you first started, what influenced you to pick League of Legends over other competitive titles?

League of Legends seemed pretty fun to play; and at the same time it managed to keep a very advanced strategical concept. I wasn't used to that, and I'm still getting used to it, but I definitely wanted to give it a try.

It is known that you were one of the best World of Warcraft players back in the day. Did the WoW skills gathered through the years help you in LoL in any way?

Definitely, WoW helped me a lot when it comes down to Mechanical Skills. I remember having 59 Different bound abilities on my warriors.

What are your thoughts on the jungle remake?

Jungle remake is good because it's different, that's all. The game has to twist, else it becomes too boring.

How do you feel about the changes to items and the new items that are being introduced?

I definitely like them mostly. Except those cases where you only find AD Bursters in the middle... :P

How are you and your team adapting to the recent changes?

My team and I are adapting quite well, though we still need a lot of training.

It is no secret that LeBlanc is your favourite mid lane champion. Do you see her coming back into competitive play with all these season 3 changes?

We will see. I'm actually playing her all the time :D

Is there any game change that you'd like to see in season 3?

I would like melee bursters to stop going midlane so far.

The season 2 ended just recently and SK had their ups and downs. Are you happy with the results in season 2? What results can the fans expect in season 3?

I'm overall very happy with how season 2 went. We weren't the best team, but if you make an average of the whole 1.5 year, we can definitely be happy. Season 3 will bring victory to SK Gaming.

ocelote during ECC: Poland. Image courtesy of Riot Games.

Most of us remember you sponsoring x6tence for a lan tournament, that brought up speculation that you might consider creating your own e-sports organization one day, is that really something you have thought about doing in the future?

We don't know what future is preparing for us. All I know is that whatever I do, I'm gonna do it with a smile in my face, not forgetting who I am, where did I come from, and the work ethic I've been having during all these years.In addition to this, sponsoring x6tence going to that event was something that made me happy. Inside of me I felt under the needing.

Who is the toughest mid lane player to face one versus one?

RapidStar.

Who is the strongest team in the world at the moment?

Taipei Asassins. Though I'm a person that only believes in average results, and they are currently the World Champions, no matter what happened in last played tournaments.

Have you got any advice to players who see season 3 as an opportunity to get better and get noticed by a team?

Play solo Q, get high rating and get known by playing good constantly.

Have you noticed any upcoming European team that could surprise everyone in season 3?

Many newcommers will appear. All the time. I could name you around 20 different teams that could destroy in a bo1 any team in Europe right now. That's the beauty of this, keep being top3 of Europe after all.

What is the best tip you could give to new League of Legends players?

Behave.

Thank you for this interview. Are there any shoutouts you would like to make?

Thanks a lot for investing time and efforts in eSports. And thanks a lot to my personal sponsor Digibet and SK Gaming for trusting me since forever.

Perry traducción by Google

Fuente: http://www.absolutelegends.net/news/display/2766/Interview-with-Ocelote-of-SK-Gaming

Slopestyle

haters en 3, 2 ,1 ..... xD

Asecas

alguien tiene por ahí la que se le hizo a xpeke?

edit: no he dicho nada xD

antipunish: eso de que está contento con lo que hicieron en la s2 en general.... viendo como acabaron yo no estaría muy contento

vene-nemesis

Se sincero, te has zumbado a las pilinguis de los eventos? eso le habría preguntado yo.

M

-"Season 3 will bring victory to SK Gaming. " esta frase me suena de algo...

-Who is the toughest mid lane player to face one versus one?

RapidStar.

Despues de la que le dio con Anivia no me extraña

Y me han faltado preguntas sobre la scene de Korea ya que digibet se está metiendo en la OGN digo yo que algo verá.

Por lo demás muy buena entrevista

RoDRa

La foto es un poco rara... xDDD

Sobre la entrevista no dice mucho. Dice que en la s3 le ira bien a sk, yo lo dudo bastante. Creo que en la s2 consiguieron un resultado MUY bueno en comparación con su nivel de juego, no creo que lo repitan

2 1 respuesta
M

#6 en la S2, donde pudieron hacer más fue en tales, porque en la s2, dale gracias a RIOT por su formato de torneo

Dead_Cell

Ocelote está ludando muchísimo, jugando DuoQ con su jungler, o con kev1n... el problema está en que mantienen ese estilo de juego durante las premades. Siempre que los veo jugar y ganan es porque ganan sus respectivas líneas, y snowballean... Nunca los veo hacer algo que diga, "buah que buena jugada", todo son, o casi todo, individualidades.

Edit: No se el dinero que le quedará al mes con los sponsors, streams y demás, pero si yo fuera él me intentaría ir de bootcamp a Korea, a codearme con ellos e intentar seguir aprendiendo, porque está claro que algo tienen estos koreanos para tener ese nivel con respecto a otros equipos.

En cuanto al resto de su equipo, si no pudiese permitirselo que arriesgue y se vaya el solo de pickup, o monte un team allí... No sé, seguir como va no creo que le vaya a poner en lo más alto de la scene.

6 2 respuestas
K

Que coño es esto? No me pienso leer una entrevista a un español escrita en ingles hombre ya! jajaja

La verdad es que este tío me cae bien solo por su foto gritando, luego me la leo que ahora toca estudiar

M

#8 eso RIOT no lo permite... , hay Region Lockout para s3

1 respuesta
XeNeT

xaxo traduce esto

1 respuesta
Dead_Cell

#10 Eso me parece muy injusto. Porque las ayudas y condiciones que tienen allí es algo increible. De todas formas, irse de bootcamp o de "turista" le ayudaría bastante. En esto del gaming no se deja de aprender...

1 respuesta
CaraLimon

¿Podría contarnos un poco acerca de cómo comenzó League of Legends y su viaje desde el nivel 1 hasta LAN?

Bueno, como mucha gente sabe ya de otras entrevistas, me encontré de World of Warcraft, donde yo era un jugador profesional también. Mi objetivo fue siempre, no importa lo que hice, se adhieren a ser un competidor de primera clase.

Ocelote era un lock en el WoW por casualidad?

3 respuestas
M

#13 warrior no?

#12 diselo a Riot, les dan un sueldo a los integrantes de la season 3 , pero creo que no pueden disputar otros torneos, y juegan un par de partidos a la semana.. así que viaje poco

2 respuestas
YonkiLeon

#13 Warrior

CaraLimon

#13 #14 A ok thx, es que recuerdo jugar con lock llamado Ocelote y no sabia si era el, y al ver esto ahora sobre el WoW...

2 respuestas
Dead_Cell

#14 ¿A que te refieres con juegan 2 partidos a la semana?

Dead_Cell

#16 Podría ser que tuviese un lock... Pero fue muy conocido por su tauren warrior xD

eXtreM3

#11 está traducido ¬¬

jadgix

#16 Lo dice en la entrevista que jugaba un warrior como main, y podía tener alters, como todos... :/

HeXaN

Preguntas y respuestas típicas. Nada nuevo bajo el Sol.

personaje

#13 Por curiosidad

Eustakiooo

u know

huehue

Is there any game change that you'd like to see in season 3?

I would like melee bursters to stop going midlane so far.

Lo he entendido mal o quiere volver a top. Esperemos que sí, las risas serán grandiosas.

2 respuestas
vene-nemesis

#24 lo has entendido bastante mal.

1 respuesta
HeXaN

#24 Em, no. Dice que no quiere que los melee con gran burst damage vayan a la línea del medio.

2 respuestas
huehue

#25 #26 Gracias, a veces pienso que soy tonto xD.

SpiuK

Yo lo que no entiendo es por que sigue diciendo que era la hostia de bueno en el wow,si no era nada del otro mundo.Del lol no hablo por que no lo se pero vamos imagino que sera bueno,pero las cosas que dice del wow es que nose...

#29 Ojo!No digo que fuera malo,solo que no era tanto como el dice ser.

1 respuesta
jadgix

#28 Pues en el wow a mí me parecía bastante decente.

Además si no me equivoco WOAH! era la única representación española en torneos junto con siler-souler-falcon.

#28 Ah, eso sí es cierto, te entendí mal xD, se pinta como una auténtica rebelación con una gran influencia en el WoW y tampoco fue eso, fue a algún torneo, no lo hizo mal pero ya está.

1 respuesta
Vexeta

Usuarios habituales

• Mv_lux
  • eimdal
  • huehue
  • UnleasheD
  • Dead_Cell
  • HeXaN
  • jadgix