'The Goon' (2012)

JaViTXu_

O sea que no es seguro que se vaya a haceR? Tenía una pinta increíble... :S

La de mierda que se saca al año y van a dejar fuera un proyecto como este, verás.

dZ

Que pintaza, aunque no entiendo muy bien la tematica.

JaViTXu_

Bueno dejo por aquí el trailer, que está muy guapo.

7 meses después
darkavm

Acaban de colgar un nuevo vídeo. La película sigue en el limbo a la espera de que consigan más dinero.

Marvs

Que la hagan ya por dios, puede ser grande. El trailer es buenisimo, te da a conocer a los personajes, la atmosfera (que es cojonuda y con aroma a clasico), y te divierte mazo. Y no destripa una mierda...porque claro aun no existe la peli...hay que joderse.

raganock

Podriamos poner 10 euros cada miembro de MediaVida y asi meternos en el show-bussiness de Hollywood. Seria como jugar un billete de loteria pero con mas posibilidades.

4 meses después
zildjian

Responde Eric Powell en su blog:

Because I’ve been answering the same questions over and over again, and there's been some misunderstanding about where the Goon film is at, I thought I’d just write this to fill people in.

THE GOON FILM IS STILL ON THE TABLE
David Fincher and Blur still have the option for the Goon film and are still actively looking for funding.

Recently some sites have been saying the Goon film has been nixed based on comments from Paul Giamatti saying he didn’t know where the film was at and we must have ran out of money. Let me assure you we have not run out of money… because we never had any money to run out of.

( UPDATE: I just got an email from Giamatti saying he feels like a douche that this became a topic. He did say that he facetiously muttered, "Maybe they can't get the money.", but never said anything about money drying up. But as everyone knows, this is how the internet works. He also said I could declare him full of crap and a nuisance... which would only make him more suited to play Franky, but are completely untrue. His time already devoted to this project is greatly appreciated. )

It's been a while since anyone spoke to Giamatti about the project and I guess he wasn’t kept in the loop as to what was going on. So zip up your fly, Internet. The Goon is in the exact same position it’s been in for the past couple of years. Prepping the design and script while searching for funding.

I don’t have a role in acquiring the funding for the film, but I speak to Tim Miller at Blur, Fincher, and Mike Richardson with Dark Horse Entertainment every few weeks to get an update on the status. And last I spoke with Fincher and Miller they were gearing up for another round of meetings to try to acquire funding. We have to find the right people that get what we’re trying to do and will give us the budget we require. It’s going to take time when you’re dealing with a project like the Goon film. An animated (and not aimed towards toddlers) gangster film with monsters, murder, and tons of dark humor… where have you seen that before?

( UPDATE:

The things that make the Goon so completely unique are, unfortunately, more than mere concerns to corporate hollywood. The problem is trying to work it through the pla-dough press that is development and emerge with our dignity and YOUR hard fought independent voice intact.

But I am undeterred--this atom can be split.

-David Fincher )

It’s going to take time to find a truly creative studio with a unique sense of vision to partner with us on this film. Fincher, Blur, Dark Horse, and I aren’t just throwing this out there. We want it done right and in the spirit of the source material. Doing something new is never easy… or fast.

Trust me, when someone steps up and we get this slated I will be screaming it from the rooftops. And if Fincher and Blur decide to pass, I will also let you know by posting something on thegoon.com. But there is zero change right now. We all remain dedicated and confident that we’ll get this thing done.

http://eric-powell.blogspot.com/2012/01/goon-film-status.html

8 meses después
darkavm

David Fincher acaba de abrir una petición Kickstarter para intentar poner en marcha la película a base de donaciones.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/624061548/the-goon-movie-lets-kickstart-this-sucker

Usuarios habituales

• darkavm
  • zildjian
  • JaViTXu_
  • sergimaru
  • BISON
  • ElKedao
  • Scerin