Eurogamer entrevista al presidente de Nihon Falcom

B

Tom Massey entrevista a Toshihiro Kondo, actual presidente del estudio nipón Nihon Falcom, el cual lleva ya 35 años en la industria con sagas tan buenas como los Ys o los The Legend of Heroes (ambas cuenta con hilos oficiales en el subforo y con una fanbase aceptable).

La entrevista está completamente en inglés. Es recomendable leerla entera, pero éstos son algunos de los momento más interesantes:

Is there a possibility of seeing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I & II appear on PC eventually, perhaps on Steam?

TK: I would like as many people as possible to play these games, so the possibility is definitely there.

The second chapter of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky took nine years to be localised. Will Trails in the Sky: The 3rd and the aforementioned Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki (The Legend of Heroes VII) receive the same treatment, and if so do you think we can look forward to a faster localisation time?

TK: Each title in the Trails series contains a very large volume of text, so it's very common that the release takes time to localise. Every time we tell our partners how much text is in the game, they are surprised. I'm sorry to have to keep you all waiting due to these reasons. We'll do our best to make sure the titles get to you in a timely manner.

Nayuta no Kiseki (Trails of Nayuta) was only released in Japan and only on the PlayStation Portable. Is there any consideration for an enhanced port to current platforms, PC, PS4 and/or PS Vita?

TK: Falcom is a company with few people and our hands are full with new titles at the moment, but if there were a company willing to help out with the porting, it would be something I would like to make a reality. For "Nayuta" specifically, every chance we get, we reach out to those in the industry who could become potential partners.

Has any third party shown an interest in bringing Tokyo Xanadu to the west?

TK: This I something that we definitely want to make a reality and are currently working towards. Please wait just a bit longer.

During the Windows XP era the PC was your primary development platform. With the success of Steam as a platform for selling niche titles, and especially with the success of XSEED's localisations, have you considered moving back to the PC as a primary platform? And if not, why not?

TK: I feel that, within Japan, there are many core gamers who want to play on consoles and we must respond to their needs. However, revenue on Steam is very good and putting not only older console titles, but new ones as well is something that we want to consider.

Básicamente se centrarán en desarrollos para las consolas de Sony, pronto tendremos más noticias sobre Tokyo Xanadu en Occidente, y Steam sigue siendo una plataforma rentable, relevante e interesante para ellos en Occidente.

Aunque ahora están centrados en proyectos nuevos (Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana y The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III) no cierran las puertas a hacer remakes de juegos antiguos suyos como Ys V o incluso una secuela de uno de sus juegos más oscuros, Xanadu Next (cuyo lanzamiento está previsto en Steam para este año).

Enlace a la entrevista

H

Me quedo con sus intenciones reales de traer Zero y Ao pero no los veremos hasta dentro de mil años

A

Ojalá mis hijos puedan jugar Zero/Ao en inglés.

Igneel

Nayuta no kiseki no parece un "kiseki" pero parece funnnn, me molaria verlo, in fact lo hubiera jugado en jap si mi psp no hubiese explotado :/

1 respuesta
B

#4 Tiene de Kiseki la parte de los muros de texto, el juego en si es una versión lenta de Ys

Y la fan traducción en inglés que publicaron es machine translation de google, avoid

Watch

Me alivia un montón que quieran traerlo todo a occidente, aunque ya lo sabíamos siempre es bueno que nos lo recuerden.

Sukoi

Las intenciones estan ahi pero tardaran la de dios

Usuarios habituales