Official thread to practise English (whine = punish)

Normas básicas de funcionamiento del hilo

1- nada de pedir que se te hagan/corrijan redacciones o se ocultará.
2- postead sobre el tema antes de preguntar alguna duda o se ocultará.
3- nada de preguntar sobre resources o se ocultará.

doJi

#2038 did you quote me? :/

Resa

#2034 #2035 Ok, I see, thank you.

#2035 To return the favor i will tell you that it is said "explanation", not "explication".

1 respuesta
parrochu

#2042 Oops! A little mistake, thank you!

G

#2036 you deserve this, my demigrant song:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KYk23flaPY

#2045 totally worth it. <3

4 1 respuesta
P

#2044 Eerrrr 'kay... That just now was kinda... creepy. I appreciate the gesture, though!

Thank you xDDDDDDDDD

1 respuesta
P

Creepy as hell yep, but real funny aswell.

doJi

1 hour ago I went to an English Academy and asked for C1 exams and informattion. The woman who served me ask a lot of awkward things and told me i must do a level exam.

Well, i did it in 10 minutes (only 10 questions). After 5 minutes other woman came to me and ask: "Why do you think you could do C1 exam?", I told her: "Because year ago I did B2 exam and passed it", she looked me like if someone say to her "Hi, i'm astronaut" and told me "hehe, you don't have that level" and I say "ofc i'm, i've the notes here".

She didn't see nothing of all the notes i gave her, and again told me "you don't have B2 level", in this point i was like a child who someone stolen his candy, I replied her: "Miss, I've that level but i wanna say to you a few stuff. 1st You didn't even correct my exam in 5 minutes, 2nd I gave you my notes and you didn't see it, 3rd You're only wanted people who don't know their real level and put him in other level who they don't deserve perhaps not all of them but yes a lot only for make money and the last one fuck you and you academy".

Tomorrow gonna go to other academy :<

3 respuestas
Exedra

#2047 but the fact is that... you dont got that level :<

1 2 respuestas
P

#2048 Risto Mejide style.

doJi

#2048 I've the level.. at least i did the exam and passed it :/

P

#2047 I am sorry to burst your bubble but I think that woman could be right. I am no examinator, but only in that post you made several basic grammar mistakes which... to speak truth, they raise my doubts about your level.

Today I called an academy and asked for information on C1 exams. They are charging me around 180 € for it, holy jesus on a stick.

Does anyone know about some website with a level test or something? Some classmates of mine are, in fact, taking courses in order to get the C1 level, but god they are awful. I mean, if they pass I will cry, I swear.

2 respuestas
doJi

#2051 She wasn't right. She gave me an examen with 10 question which only one has "difficult" the other were like "... Tom playing guitar? R: is/are/do". I did that questions in "3º primaria" that's why i know she wasn't right. Otherwhise Cambridge could lied myself but i don't think so.

I have not any doubt about my gramma is bad, I've a lot of vocabulary but gramma is not my best.

1 respuesta
P

#2052 Okay, she may not have given you a C1 test, but it amazes me to learn that you really did pass a B1 exam with some of your errors.

I could point out your mistakes, but I'd feel terrible about it. Tell me if you want me to quote you and correct the spelling or grammar, I can tell you could really use some help...

1 1 respuesta
cabron

I know about this one: http://www.grupovaughan.com/english_test

However I believe that you can get nothing but a rough an idea of your level just by testing your grammar, some conversation is mandatory for that.

1 respuesta
doJi

#2053 oki, i don't have any problem I'd apreciatte if you could make that.

I remember i passed the exams because i did listening, speaking, reading, use of english well.

Some people are wrong in speaking but have a perfect writing and backwards

1 respuesta
P

1 hour ago I went to an English Academy and asked for C1 exams and information. The woman who served me asked me a lot of awkward things and told me i had to take a level exam.

Well, i did it in 10 minutes (only 10 questions). After 5 minutes anotherwoman came to me and asked me: "Why do you think you could pass the C1 exam?", I told her: "Because a year ago I did a B2 exam and passed it", she looked at me like someone had just told her "Hi, i'm astronaut" and told me "hehe, you don't have that level" and I say "ofc I do, i've the notes here".

She saw none of all the notes i gave to her, and again she told me "you don't have a B2 level", at this point i was like a child who had his candy stolen by someone, andI replied: "Miss, I've that level but i wanna tell you a few things. 1st You didn't even correct my exam in 5 minutes, 2nd I gave you my notes and you didn't see them, 3rd You only want people who don't know their real level and put them in another level which they don't deserve, perhaps not all of them but yes a lot only for makingmoney and the last one fuck you and you academy".

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to another academy :<

#2055 These people who are good at writing/bad at speaking and viceversa aren't learning a language properly. The kind of mistakes you make, I don't think you don't make them when you speak. Yeah, an english speaker will understand you the way you understand a foreigner when they talk with verb infinitives (yo gustar comida), but I'd rather invest my time in learning grammar than to talk like that!

And after exhaustively going through your post- the woman was right, you don't stand a chance for C1. Take classes and learn step by step. You'll be wasting your money in exams otherwise. I don't understand why are you in such hurry, you have a B1 level, what do you need C1 for so hastily?

2 respuestas
Ligia

#2056 #2047 I would add that you don't normally contract "I have" unless you are using "I have got". "I've" all alone sounds weird, it's usually used with "I've got to go" for example. It may not be incorrect, but it sounds awful :P

3 respuestas
P

#2057 And it could be contracted with sentences with "been" too. "I've been playing..." It sounds good to me.

P

#2057 I agree, but if I went to that extreme I would have entirely rewritten the whole text... There are many incorrect choices of verbs, also. But I tried keeping it simple.

#2054 Alright, took the test and got an Advanced result. I'll take the C1 exam in march : )

cabron

In formal written English, contractions are avoided, however, "I've" without got is used a lot when speaking, is very common with any past participle (I've done that before, I've never seen anything like that, and so on).

1 respuesta
Ligia

#2060 Not by itself.

"I've a car" - sounds weird, even when speaking, you would say "I have a car"
"I've got a car" - good!
"I've been here before" - good

1 respuesta
cabron

You are talking about "have" for possession, I'm talking about the auxiliary verb (read the post again, it was submitted incomplete and probably you read it before my ninja edit)

doJi

#2056 Ty, I should acknowledge I have the same erros in English as in Spanish, i mean, in spanishs I have problems with for example "pretérito pluscuamperfecto" "pretérito anterior" not always, not the same as english but i'm really really really really bad in grammar even in deutsch as well.

B

I've already made my decision, I'm emigrating this summer. I guess I should do a C1 or TOEFL before but here is so fucking expensive so maybe I'll do it in Poland. Do u think it could be a good idea?

1 respuesta
Ligia

#2064 What is expensive, the exam taxes or the academy or whatever?

1 respuesta
B

#2065 the exam

1 respuesta
Ligia

#2066 Wouldn't it cost the same no matter where you do it, since you are paying to the University of Cambridge?

1 respuesta
B

#2067 Are u talking about the TOEFL? Cos I dont have any idea about it, but for the C1 all those scummers are trying to make me pay 200 or even more.

#2069 So as I thought, those bastards are trying to scum me.

1 respuesta
Ligia

#2068 I paid like 180 euros for my C2 exam last summer, and that is something you pay to the University of Cambridge, what makes me think it wouldn't matter where you are doing it, they would charge the same amount for it. But I'm not sure of this, I'm just saying :)

1 respuesta
F_Nietzsche

Hey guys. Any IB students here?

1 respuesta
Tema cerrado

Usuarios habituales