HoN: Heroes of newerth se vuelve completamente gratis

gebimelo

Hace ya un año que Heroes of Newerth es F2P con el sistema de bloqueos y desbloqueos de héroes como el League of Legends, excepto para los propietarios de cuentas Legacy.

Pero S2Games acaba de anunciar que a partir de ahora el juego sera completamente gratuito, teniendo todos los jugadores sin distinción alguna acceso a todos los héroes que han ido saliendo.

¿Qué opináis? Yo creo que lo hacen en parte por hacer mas frente al Dota2 (que se supone que va a usar este método) y porque ya sacarán pasta solo con los avatares y chorradillas así.

Today we have an announcement of epic proportions for the HoN community. On Friday, July 20th, Heroes of Newerth will become Free-to-Own, with all heroes released becoming free for all players. This is a major step forward in the development of HoN and after months of careful consideration and direct input from the HoN community, the time has come to make the HoN gameplay experience open to all users.

We agree with the community that HoN is best played with a full hero pool available to all players and that both the new and the longtime, dedicated players alike can benefit from the change. We want players to have the freedom to invite their friends and to recommend heroes based on playstyle and not a free hero pool. Players will no longer be limited by which heroes they can afford, so when a line-up calls for a certain hero, you can answer the call and focus on what's important in each game of HoN.

This change is equally important in our mission to revitalize the myriad of game modes in HoN. HoN offers so many other fun twists, options, and strategies outside of All Pick that any passionate fan can attest to. We recognize this and don't want players to be turned away from these modes due to restriction. With all heroes and game modes, players will have the complete HoN experience at their disposal.

Last, but not least, with this change we seek to have a significant impact on the competitive HoN scene. All players will now be on equal footing during competitive play. As a competitive title, we know this is going to be a beneficial change for the scene and we hope you are as excited as we are. We sincerely appreciate all of your support and dedication over the years and for contributing to the success of Heroes of Newerth. This is our way of paying that commitment forward and taking our game to the next level.

To reward the loyalty of our users, all players who purchased a hero for gold coins will be given an exclusive Mecha Gemini Alt Avatar for free. Legacy players will also receive the exclusive Mecha Gemini, PLUS a very special thank you in the form of the Legacy Bonus which rewards Legacy accounts with an extra two silver coins for every ranked (i.e. non-Mid Wars) matchmaking game they play. We will also be restructuring the pricing in the HoN Store. A majority of items will have a price adjustment making a significant amount of content easier to earn with silver coins. Coupling this with the recent increase in silver coin gain from Match Rewards, you will be able to unlock free content faster than ever!

We would also like to take this opportunity to announce that we are also working on an all new "Gated Mode" that will feature a static hero pool of iconic heroes. Gated Mode will offer the perfect controlled environment for players new and old to hone their skills and familiarize themselves with the HoN gameplay experience.

Both the Free-to-Own hero system and repriced HoN Store will be going live with the patch on Friday, July 20th.

Here's a very special note from Director of HoN, DivA:

"As part of our continuous efforts to make the HoN gaming experience better, we set out to improve our Free-to-Play rotation and Hero unlocking model. After careful deliberation and tremendous feedback and suggestions from our community, we have come to what we all truly believe to be the best solution for enhancing the HoN experience for every one of our players. We are extremely grateful to all of our dedicated players for helping us take this massive step forward, and look forward to all of you joining us in the celebration of HoN’s natural evolution from Free-to-Play to Free-to-Own. It is an amazing privilege for us to entertain all of you, and with decisions like this we hope to entertain millions more moving forward. Thanks again for all of your support, feedback, and passion. Game HoN!"

Mini-FAQ

Will Early Access continue?
Yes, Early Access will still be available in the HoN Store.

Will I continue to receive heroes for free after Early Access ends?
After Early Access ends, the hero will be added to the general hero pool and will be available for free to all players.

What will happen to Verified and Basic?
Verified and Basic will continue to be in place to protect against trolling players and players who create multiple accounts. As with before, you must either reach account level 5 or make a purchase in HoN in order for your account to become Verified.

How does the new Legacy Bonus work?
All Legacy accounts will receive two bonus silver coins upon completing a ranked (i.e. non-Mid Wars) matchmaking game.

What happens if I purchased a hero in the past?
On top of now having access to all heroes for free, players will be refunded for hero purchases made since July 5th. Refunds are scheduled to be applied shortly after the patch on July 20th.

How does this benefit me?

All game modes will become available to all players, no tokens or passes required. This means you should see shorter queue times on your favorite modes outside of All Pick.
All players will be on a level playing field. HoN is a competitive game and having access to more than 16 heroes is crucial to a fair gaming experience.
New players will now have the ability to play heroes and learn how best to utilize their abilities through gameplay, rather than trying to figure it out playing against them.
When you invite your friends to play the game, you know that your friend will be able to have the same experience as you.

Link de la noticia: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?436758-Attention-Neweth!-All-Heroes-Going-Free!

BirK

Está cojonudo para la gente que empieza pero los que palmamos pasta en comprar la cuenta...pues se te queda un poco cara de gilipollas, aunque es cierto que la he disfrutado años.

gebimelo

Al menos a los legacy nos van a dar algunos alt avatar sino me equivoco, un monto nde monedas y 2 monedas extra por cada partida jugada desde que empezó el juego. S e veia venir que tenian que llamar la atencion de algun modo si quieren hacer frente a las demas ofertas similares del mercado.

Shide

Me parece bien que se los den gratis, pero podrían haber hecho que fueran todos gratis al llegar al lvl 10, así tendrían un incentivo por el que luchar todo ése tiempo.

De ésta manera se lo van a tomar como un casual de la hostia

Alastor88

¿Y a partir de cuando lo ponen todo gratis?

Edit: Vale mañana... lo acabo de leer en su web.

Sufr1r

Que pena que esto no hubiese sido así desde el principio. De no ser porque estoy con el Dota estaría super hypeado por esto, pero llegan tarde, en mi opinión.

I

A buenas horas.

#8 Mejor este que el LoL, sin duda. Paciencia al principio.

6 1 respuesta
Netheril

nunca he jugado a ningun juego en plan dota o lol, me lo recomendais?

3 respuestas
B

Normal, estos se pensaban que iban a poder ser P2P con la de F2P MOBA de incluso superior nivel que hay. A veces me pregunto por qué hacen estas tácticas tan mal escogidas.

GaLiaNBeaST

#7 Mejor claro... XDDDDDD

Las lanes confian taaaaaanto en ese título por su calidad.

MaSqUi

#8 Si quieres seguir teniendo vida social, NO.

Kaneas

Voy a tener que volver o que?

zeN2k6

Mecha gemini xdddddddddddddddddddddddddd

-nazgul-

Una pregunta tonta.... si es completamente gratis ¿como se mantiene el juego?

2 respuestas
Skelus

Si quiere competir con el Dota2 es lo que tenían que hacer. Aunque yo en su día pague algo menos de 20€ por el juego los considero totalmente rentabilizados :)

MaSqUi

Yo también lo considero totalmente rentabilizado y personalmente lo sigo considerando mejor que el Dota 2, pero para gustos colores.

#14 Vendiendo skins y pijadas.

B

Para los players del LoL como yo, esto es un universo nuevo que explorar, good

RoDRa

justo a tiempo

oh wait! xD

2 1 respuesta
JoRGeKiNG

que cojones, regalan un avatar de un heroe useless...

1 respuesta
gebimelo

#18 Desde luego si hubieran hecho esto desde el principio estarian en una situacion bastante mejor.

Ahora con el mercado ya bastante copado, mmm bueno, algo es algo.

#8 Para mi de momento el mejor.

E

Es lo que tiene ir de juego ubb3r l3tt0rz para la elite nerd, que no te comes nada y estas condenando a desaparecer a no ser que tomes medidas como esta, aunque como dicen por ahi arriba ya es tarde

S

El mejor moba del mercado.

JksS

A mi me gusta mas que el dota2 en varias cosas, pero la diferencia la marca la compañia que tienen detras y se nota el mimo que le pone Valve a todos sus juegos, en el otro lado esta S2 que es bastante cuestionable muchas de las cosas que hacen.

Es una pena, pero espero que se hundan, y lo dice alguien que ha jugado desde la beta cuando habia 10 o 15 heroes, pero como tratan a la comunidad y los bans que meten por cualquier gilipollez, algunos heroes que sacan y el early access lo mataron para mi.

De todas formas creo que andan con peaks de 100k players, eso es mas que cualquier juego de Steam, asi que de muerto no tiene NADA (por ahora).

Shide

#19 No en midwars amigo! xD

Tikii

Habrá que probarlo...

Pitufooscuro

mejor, mas jugadores vendrán (y yo en su dia me deje dinero comprándolo).

danao

Yo lo hubiera hecho desde un principio para quitarte de encima al LoL.

Creo que llega tarde esta medida.

BaZoKo

Para mi, mis 20 euros estan mas que rentabilizados :P.
Aun asi, a mi me parece mucho mejor que dota2, mucho mas intuitivo, pero bueno tambien todo es hacerse creo yo :P

MrBean

funciona ya lo de todos los heroes? por k me sigue diciendo k me kitan 1 token por usar un heroe k no tenga

GarhU_

A buenas horas, si no aparecia una competencia dudo que lo hicieran en un futuro.

Usuarios habituales

• Misantropia
  • Shide
  • gebimelo
  • danao
  • HellTiger

Tags