Ronda de análisis de Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

A

La remasterización de uno de los juegos más divisivos de la franquicia se pone a la venta mañana y la prensa especializada ya ha dado su veredicto. Disponemos de hilo oficial en Mediavida.

OpenCritic - 88

Attack of the Fanboy - Jelani James - 4.5 / 5 stars

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is the shining example of how remasters should be -- improving the game in multiple aspects while keeping the core gameplay intact.

COGconnected - James Paley - 82 / 100

I spent almost a full day mulling over who would do what job.

Destructoid - Chris Carter - 8 / 10.0

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, despite my misgivings, is a triumph that still holds up all these years later. Modern conveniences like upping the tempo of combat are far more valuable than the new coat of paint, and despite a slow-going narrative it's a blast to just roam the open countryside, mess around with Gambits, and go on hunts. Slowly but surely XII has wormed its way into my heart -- it only took 11 years.

Digitally Downloaded - Matt Sainsbury - 5 / 5 stars

DualShockers - Lou Contaldi - 9 / 10.0

Final Fantasy XII is an epic, sprawling tale that many gamers — myself included — missed the first time around because of when it was released. Don't make that mistake again. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is one of the best, if not the best, remaster of a Final Fantasy game in recently memory, and is objectively better now than it was a decade ago. For $49.99 on PlayStation 4, the game is a steal to fans new and old interested in an old(er)-school JRPG experience.

Eurogamer - Simon Parkin - Recommended

Final Fantasy's weirdest, most wonderful curio is a bright reminder of the power of crisp invention in high-risk blockbuster development.

Gadgets 360 - Rishi Alwani - 9 / 10

As it stands, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a remaster worth checking out. It might not be the best looking re-release of a classic, but there's more than enough for fans and first-timers alike to revel in.

GameSpace - Robert Lashley - 8 / 10.0

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a great remake of a classic Final Fantasy. If you missed out playing this the first time it is definitely worth giving a second look. It also features the appearances of the Judges which become a series staple and their armor appears prominently in FFXIV. For all you MMO fans XII is the closest you can get to an old school MMORPG experience from a single player RPG.

GameSpew - Brandon Langrock - 9 / 10

Whether you're a long-time fan of Final Fantasy XII or a total newcomer, The Zodiac Age marks a triumphant and memorable return to Ivalice.

GameSpot - Miguel Concepcion - 9 / 10

One of the best Final Fantasy games gets the remaster treatment it rightfully deserves.

GamesRadar+ - David Roberts - 4 / 5 stars

The Zodiac Age allows Final Fantasy 12 to realize its full potential, thanks to a wealth of graphical enhancements, a soaring soundtrack, and the addition of the Zodiac Job System.

Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 4.5 / 5.0

Even after a decade, Final Fantasy XII remains one of the brightest beacons in the long-running franchise.

Hobby Consolas - Álvaro Alonso - Spanish - 85 / 100

Although the remastered work it's just correct, all the changes and additions (especially those from the International Zodiac Job System) makes The Zodiac Age the definitive version of one of the most underrated and special Final Fantasy.

IGN - Heidi Kemps - 8.8 / 10.0

Final Fantasy XII's relatable roleplaying adventure has aged remarkably well, and The Zodiac Age remaster improves it further in meaningful ways. The storytelling, visual design, and gameplay feel just as fresh and interesting as they did over a decade ago, and the various new enhancements and adjustments will give new players a chance to experience the magic for the first time and fans of the original something enticing to return for.

NZGamer - Keith Milburn - 9 / 10.0

Quality-of-life features elevate the game's standout elements.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Martin Patiño - 9 / 10.0

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is an excellent example of a holistic approach to producing a well-made remaster. Not only does it feature the usual remaster fare of significantly improved visuals up to their maximum capabilities but it also includes significant and positive improvements and additions to its audio and gameplay that take into consideration both its past strengths and weakness, the resources of the current times, and both its past and current potential audience. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is undoubtedly a remaster worth playing for both newcomers and fans of the original.

Polygon - Whitney Reynolds - 8.5 / 10.0

And I am going to keep doing things in The Zodiac Age. It's taken the game I already loved so much and given me more. The Zodiac Age doesn't add things for the sake of adding them. I can see myself putting 300 more hours into this version of Final Fantasy 12, trying different combinations of job classes and testing out new tactics on the optional bosses I could never quite conquer in the original game. The Zodiac Age takes a game I could play in my sleep and makes me wake up and appreciate it again.

PSX Brasil - Thiago de Alencar Moura - Portuguese - 95 / 100

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a well deserved remaster of one of the best, yet most underrated, RPGs of all time. If its original release at the end of the PS2 life cycle/beginning of the PS3 era made it fly under the radar of many, this is the perfect opportunity to experience a game that, even a decade after its original release, aged incredibly well and surpass, with flying colors, many of the games released in the past few years.

RPG Site - Adam Vitale - 9 / 10

Final Fantasy XII is a fascinating game, and the International and HD additions make it even better.

USgamer - Kat Bailey - 4.5 / 5 stars

Final Fantasy XII has really managed to get its hooks into me this time around, which I credit to Square Enix's excellent remaster. If you missed it the first time around (and you probably did), then now is the time to give this underappreciated gem a second chance.

Wccftech - Dave Aubrey - 7 / 10.0

If you played Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age back in the day and want to go back for nostalgia, you'll love this. If you're a new player interested in playing for the first time – keep in mind that this is definitely a game that shows its age. Though, if you have sufficient patience, it's a story well worth investing in.

Hiboshi

Recordemos que este es un remaster de la versión International Zodiac Job System que solo salió en Japón, de ahí que los análisis nombren las "grandísmas mejoras" respecto al original.

CaRtEr0

tfw este es el mejor FF de los últimos 15-16 años

sad

1 1 respuesta
AG

I spent almost a full day mulling over who would do what job.

O, lo que es lo mismo: le pongo un 82 porque soy un negado con los jobs. A mí me gusta Overwatch, no las mierdas estas.

Xakanova

Mañana lo empezare. Jugué muy poco el de PS2 pero me estaba gustando. Aun no mire mucho del Job system , pero hay que escoger 2 y no se pueden cambiar nunca a lo largo del juego? al end game hace que sean muy diferentes o al final son todos unas maquinas de matar.

M

El mejor FF moderno le duela a quien le duela. Eso sí, a quien no lo haya jugado va a odiar con ganas los encargos xDDDDDDDDDD

1 respuesta
sephirox

#6 Pero ese dolor se explica, o por lo menos creo yo, en que fue el primer FF tras los de la esencia. De ahí el hate, ahora que ha pasado el tiempo podemos jugarlo valorándolo como el juegazo que es. Y sí, opino igual que tú, el mejor de los modernos.

wajaromau

Yo lo tenia original para PS2, pero es de esos juegos que un dia no puedes jugar y tras una temporada lo retomas y ya pasas de el porque no te enteras de una mierda por donde ibas y son muchas horas para vovler a empezarlo XD

Es mi momento de redencion :D

P.D: Soy de los que desde primera hora ya veia el pedazo videojuego que tenia entre mis manos y que era top3, hasta la mazmorra (no me acuerdo muy bien del nombre) que era una especie de torre que tenías que ir ascendiendo esa parte jodia todo el resto (ahi fue donde termine de jugar al FFXII)

UnleasheD

Pues a mi me flipó el XII. Hombre, levelear sin estar siquiera en la consola era un poco loles, pero estaba cojonudo.

A

#3 Hagamos de Kagari

BlackBeasT

Si en su dia siendo la version basica tenia notaza porque este que es mejor en todo no se la suben como a mk?

No entiendo nada.

2 respuestas
raku

me encantan las notas. oye te pongo menos puntos porque no entiendo el sistema de gambits es lo mismo que el del crash bandicoot, te pongo menos nota porque soy malisimo y me parece muy dificil. ole tu! oleee tu!

Dieter

seguro que son los mismos que no sabian que habia que hacer comandos para usar a sabin en el VI xD

MaTrIx

¿Son algunos analistas de videojuegos cada vez más inútiles?

Komachi

#11 ilustro:

Imagino que la nota media de los jugadores subira aunque > fiarse de las notas en 2017.
Si pudiera posiblemente lo probaria.

B

No no no no... las quejas no veían de que no tuviera "la esencia". Las quejas venían a un juego inacabado porque no recuerdo exactamente quién, enfermó en el desarrollo y se tuvieron que ocupar otros, los cuales la cagaron. Y claro, que lleves 50 horas de juego y luego venga la mierda mal hilada, pues no gusta demasiado.

sefirus

#11 no es nintendo

mikki

Rezare una oración por noche para que llegue pronto a Steam y mudarme a Ivalice.

sefirus

yo tambien espero a que salga con steam, tal vez tarde un año pero salir va a salir

wajaromau

Va a salir pero primero van a vender lo que puedan en Ps4, como han hecho con todos los remasters

centu

Lo compraria ya pero aun tengo varios juegos pendientes y conociendo a square en dos meses valdra la mitad.

1 respuesta
december

#21 pero muh steelbook, en unos meses será mas caro

JubiGato

Preferiría el remaster del Final Fantasy Tactics Advance :(

nizku

FFXII, probablemente el final fantasy con la mejor historia, compleja, rica en detalles y con personajes carismáticos, solo superado por el FFI

1 respuesta
personaje

#24 2/10

1 1 respuesta
nizku

#25 Estamos de acuerdo, me parece una nota acorde al juego.

B

Es por el Steelbook que hay que comprarlo ya xD

Shandalar

No entiendo por qué no sale en Steam la verdad, pero bueno. Nunca he jugado pero siempre he oído cosas horribles de él, no sé si ciertas o no. Aunque creo que fue el que hizo el cambio de por turnos a tiempo real, y eso en sí mismo es un destrozo.

2 respuestas
M

#28 Para nada, el género estaba ya muy manido y había que hacerle un lavado de cara y lo consiguieron. Con The Zodiac Age lo mejoraron

B

Nope, los turnos siguen vigentes si quieres. Y la parte de los jobs es lo que "resucita" a un juego que era un poco meh.

Al final cayó.

Me guardo hasta la pegatina brillante del 30th anniversary xD Además solo por estar las voces en jap ya merece la pena. Joder que sida da en inglés, ya no lo recordaba.

Build en mente

1 respuesta

Usuarios habituales