Three Days Grace - Transit of Venus

DonDemencia

Cayó mucho con Life Starts Now y, aunque no está al nivel de los dos primeros, está bastante bien el disco, aunque echo en falta un tema o dos de renombre.

Zh4ROK

a mi me sigue sonando a Three Days Grace y eso me encanta, otros grupos se venden cambiando su sonido a lo que estta de moda y la cagan, ellos no lo han hecho xD jamas pense ke la voz de adam pudiera llegar a algo como lo ke hace en Happiness con lo ke fuma el cabron xD

14 días después
denon

quien pudiese ser bateria para tocar con ese cabron... vaya voz... enorme!

PD: El nuevo disco para mi esta dpm, pero quiero escucharlo en directo, si es que pasan por españa... que creo que no :(

1 mes después
Zh4ROK

DAFUQ? http://www.threedaysgrace.com/news/120901

Three Days Grace has announced that Matt Walst, lead singer of My Darkest Days, will be joining the band as the lead singer for their North American co-headlining tour with Shinedown, starting in Moline, IL on February 1st.

Former lead singer, Adam Gontier, has left the group effective immediately due to a health issue.

In response, Brad Walst stated: "We were surprised and distressed by Adam's sudden departure. We are however very excited for this upcoming tour, and to have my brother Matt stepping in as lead singer."

No se le veia bien a Adam espero ke no sea nada :S

EDIT: R.I.P Three Days Grace http://www.facebook.com/therealadamgontier/posts/519614398078330?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook :(((((((((((

8 días después
Zh4ROK

Se esta liando muy parda xD a Adam se le han cruzao los cables :s

Adam Gontier
I know everyone's been waiting for a post/response from me, to the recent situation between Three Days Grace and I. I've got so many things I'd love to say, but this is Facebook, and out of RESPECT, I'm not going to get into any of it right now. The one thing I can say publicly, is that I am so thankful for the outpouring of love and support from all of my fans, and that I AM NOT done making music. This is just the tip of the iceberg for me (and you) ..., trust me on that! I will have new music coming soon, and I can say, honestly, it's the best music I've EVER created. I'm so excited for you to hear it! I'll close with this for now. I am so disappointed in myself for believing, after all these years, that the ones I truly believed were closest to me, are, were, and have always been the farthest away from me. Just pick up. Move on. Pretend nothing happened. Not ONE call, text, email to see how your so called "friend" is doing. It's sad, but it is what it is. The music BUSINESS. Remember this people..., in my/our case, it's always been about the "business". The money. What about the love for creating real music from the heart? Where did that fit in? Pretty much nowhere. No room for music from the heart, when it's just about music for the radio. Lastly, stay tuned for my new music. It's real. Honest. Not fake. It's from my soul. Which is exactly the same place that I keep all of you. In my soul.
Thank you so much for your love, support and kindness through this time.
Adam

Three Days Grace
It had been our desire to keep an internal band matter just that, internal. However, after public statements by Adam we feel the need to give our fans the facts. Here’s the exact timeline of events over the past few weeks.

On December 21, 2012, Neil and Brad (via email), our manager and business manager (via federal express) received a letter from Adam's lawyer stating, "Please be advised effective immediately Adam is terminating his involvement with the band Three Days Grace. Adam has been wrestling with a health issue, outlined in the attached letter (a doctor’s letter dated December 14), which would have precluded him from touring with the band in 2013 and he wants the group to continue moving forward as they see fit while not holding them back."

As you can imagine, this came as a complete shock to us. We had just played a series of shows in Hartford and Peterborough the preceding week with no mention from Adam of any health issues or that this resignation letter was coming. We had no idea then that the December 15th Hartford show (which we played one day after the date of the doctor’s note attached to Adam’s lawyer’s letter) would be our final show with Adam as lead singer.

After receiving Adam’s lawyer’s letter, Brad sent Adam a text offering to get together to make sure that Adam’s decision was in fact the decision he wanted to make, a final decision, and to talk through any issues. As Brad said, “It would suck to end a twenty year relationship through a lawyer.” Brad’s invitation was declined by Adam via a text stating, “My decision is 100%. My relationship with Three Days Grace is over.”

We were then surprised to learn that even though we were told on December 21st that Adam was not able to tour with the band due to health concerns, he apparently planned on participating in a show on January 17 in New York City, as a solo artist.

How would you feel if you were in our shoes? Someone you had known for 20 years, whom you had grown up with, gone through ups and downs with, shared dreams with, ends that relationship as if you had known him for a single day with a letter from a lawyer.

With a new album and new tour about to begin, and music that everyone in the band is proud to play and promote, we were quickly left to come up with a way to continue what we started. We had a tour for “Transit of Venus” scheduled to start in a month, and we felt we owed it to our fans and ourselves to go through with it.

As we have said before, our fans are the best. You have stood with us through good times and bad times and you are the reason we do what we do. We appreciate more than we can say in words the support we have received during this time. This is not about choosing sides or deciding who's right or who's wrong. This is about being honest with you. Adam has made his choice and we wish him well. We care about our band, and we care about honouring our commitments to you, the fans. Three Days Grace has never been about one single band member and it never will be.

After touring is complete, we will move forward. In what shape and form, that is yet to be determined. What we can tell you is that and are excited to rock live and we can't wait to see you all on the road.

Horas despues Adam dice que hara publico sus problemas de salud y dice esto :
Adam Gontier

Although I'm not completely comfortable sharing my life on a public platform, I feel a responsibility and obligation to connect with my friends, my fans, my fellow human beings, regarding my ongoing health problems. I've made the decision to do this because I know there are so many others out there suffering the same way I am. What I know for sure, during this time, is that I can connect and bond / derive hope from the human spirit. I intend to specifically make public the status of my health, via my health records, so that I can put concerns to rest, and bring light to the truth. I will share my health records, which will include my emotional struggles within Three Days Grace for over the last two years. This will be posted within the next few days. From there, my wish is that all will be put to rest, and I will move forward with dignity and faith.
Again, to all of my fans, thank you for your love and support. You are my lifeline.
Adam

Pfff esto no tiene pinta de solucionarse y me jode :( otro caso Breaking Benjamin..

DonDemencia

Para el rumbo que estaba tomando el grupo, que Adam siga solo y que el resto siga a lo suyo.

Zh4ROK

No entiendo a que te refieres con lo de "el rumbo que estaba tomando" para mi siempre han sonado a Three Days Grace xD no se han ido al dubstep y mierdas varias de ahora intentando "innovar" xD

DonDemencia

Ahora es comercial duro, no tienen el carisma de antaño, parece que hagan los discos para vender en vez de para sentirse bien.

Es como comparar Overrated con Chalk Outline, abismal diferencia

Zh4ROK

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185060

"For me, I think the thing that broke the camel's back was, I had enough of the money coming before the music," he said. "It's not perfect timing, but it had to be done, you know. For the sake of my own mental health and well-being, I had to do it."

Gontier elaborated on what went wrong for him after playing in THREE DAYS GRACE for two decades. "You know, the music really wasn't coming from the heart," he said. "I can say that on the record 'Transit Of Venus', there's maybe one or two songs that actually do come from my heart, but a lot of songs have been written just for radio and for fans, you know, to relate to. Quite a bit of it just adds up to the fakeness of the whole industry and how you're writing hits for other people and not yourself — and that's really what the band was, has been all about."

Bien hecho Adam.

Usuarios habituales

Tags