Ronda de análisis de Horizon Zero Dawn

B

Justo ocho días antes de su lanzamiento en Europa, comienzan a aparecer las críticas del nuevo proyecto de Guerrilla Games exclusivo de PS4, el juego que mezcla elementos de acción y RPG en un mundo abierto post-apocalíptico con robots-dinosaurio, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Metacritic - 88
OpenCritic - 88

Medios extranjeros

Arcade Sushi - Jason Fanelli - 9.5 / 10.0

With Horizon Zero Dawn, Guerrilla Games crafted a beautiful open world filled with life, both mechanical and human, and crammed full of things to do.

Attack of the Fanboy - Dean James - 4.5 / 5 stars

Featuring a likeable new protagonist in Aloy alongside a compelling story, deep combat system and stunning visuals -- Guerrilla Games has already raised the bar for exclusives this year with Horizon: Zero Dawn.

AusGamers - Joaby - 9.6 / 10.0

All my gripes are just areas for a brand new, spectacular franchise to grow from though. It even feels a bit off talking about them, because Horizon came out so big to begin with. It's odd to think that a team could get away with doing less — probably a lot less — and still earn acclaim.

CGMagazine - Brendan Quinn - 8.5 / 10.0

Horizon Zero Dawn is the gaming equivalent of realizing that sounding too much like the legends—when done well—is just fine.

Cheat Code Central - Patrick Tretina - 4.9 / 5.0

When all is said and done, Horizon Zero Dawn far exceeds my expectations and is on course to be one of the best titles the gaming community has seen in a long time.

COGconnected - Shawn Petraschuk - 100 / 100

Horizon Zero Dawn is Guerrilla Games’ crowning achievement in video game development.

Daily Dot - AJ Moser - 4 / 5 stars

Though Horizon doesn't represent a revolution in open-world adventures, it borrows heavily from past success stories and elevates the genre to a beautiful new standard.

Destructoid - Chris Carter - 7.5 / 10.0

Horizon Zero Dawn is a fascinating premise wrapped in a tortilla of tropes. It has detective vision, radio towers, skill trees, masked load screens (Tony Hawk's American Wasteland gets no credit for popularizing this in 2005, by the way), and a world map littered with billions of points of interest -- all stuff you've seen before. But after you set up and execute a cunning plan to decimate a pack of giant robot crocodiles and that smile hits your face, it's more excusable.

Digitally Downloaded - Matt Sainsbury - 3.5 / 5 stars

Horizon is a remarkably refined and technically brilliant game, but Guerrilla has yet to prove that it can take that next step and produce a genuine classic.

Easy Allies - Brandon Jones - 4 / 5 stars

Eurogamer - Martin Robinson - No Recommendation

Guerrilla Games goes open world in this sumptuous, enjoyable yet overly generic new age sci-fi RPG.

Forbes - Paul Tassi - 9 / 10.0

I was impressed with Horizon from the outset, my interest lagged a bit in the middle, but by the end I was a convert. This is a very cool universe with a genuinely likable new lead. Gameplay is excellent in most sections, and it avoids some irritating open world tropes like overloading players with substance-free side missions. There are some problems that reflect Guerrilla being new to this genre, but ultimately the good far outweighs the bad.

Game Informer - Jeff Marchiafava - 8.8 / 10.0

Horizon doesn't reinvent open-world gaming, but it delivers consistent fun, challenge, and intrigue from start to finish

Game Rant - Anthony Taormina - 4.5 / 5 stars

Horizon: Zero Dawn takes familiar open world elements and makes them its own, but it is the game's blend of nature and technology that help create a memorable PS4 exclusive.

Game Revolution - jamalr - 4.5 / 5 stars

To simply put it, there is a certain appeal to Horizon: Zero Dawn which I have not found in any other open-world RPG game. Perhaps it is the addition of shiny robots to the mix or the story of Aloy herself. Either way, this game has my full attention and I wouldn't call it anything less than stellar.

GameMAG - xtr - Russian - 9 / 10

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the most exciting games of the year. The story is amazing and touches the most delicate strings of the soul. The journey of Aloy absorbed all the best from the industry and with unique design of the robotic animals created something completely new. The developers managed to maintain the magic that makes you come back to this shattered world again and again to explore the beautiful scenery, collect ancient artifacts, or just hunting for the rare creatures.

Gameplanet - Tim Stanton - 9 / 10.0

Guerrilla Games' punt on a new IP has paid off handsomely, as despite its silly title, Horizon Zero Dawn is a magnificent open world action-adventure that lives up to its hype.

GameSpot - Peter Brown - 9 / 10

Horizon: Zero Dawn is an exciting and breathtaking odyssey.

GamesRadar+ - Zoe Delahunty-Light - 4.5 / 5 stars

An open-world that tailors to each and every interest, Horizon: Zero Dawn keeps combat fresh, with an intriguing protagonist to match.

GameZone - Carter Washington - 9.5 / 10.0

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a PS4 must-own exclusive. It crafts a wonderful, fully realized and explorable world, and an interesting story that's worth seeing through to the end, if just to find out what Zero Dawn actually means!

GamingBolt - Aaron Main - 10 / 10.0

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a game that you owe yourself to experience.

GamingTrend - Travis Northup - 85 / 100

Horizon Zero Dawn is an excellent open-world experience that puts fighting towering robots at the center of the action. It’s held back somewhat by its weak narrative, and occasional glitches, but that doesn’t stop it from being the most badass game I’ve played this year.

Giant Bomb - Jeff Gerstmann - 5 / 5 stars

All in all, it's a great game, it's Guerrilla's strongest release to date, and I suspect I'll go back in after the fact to clean up whatever side quests and errands I have remaining, if only to spend a little more time in that world.

God is a Geek - Chris White - 9.5 / 10.0

It’s been a long time since a game has been put together this well. The combat is awesome, the visuals are stunning, and Aloy is 100% badass. Go and buy this game!

Guardian - Dan Silver - 4 / 5 stars

Its hunter/gatherer gameplay hasn't moved on from Far Cry and Tomb Raider, but Zero Dawn sets a new visual benchmark

Hardcore Gamer - Kevin Dunsmore - 4.5 / 5.0

Guerrilla Games took a risk developing a brand new IP that is such a drastic departure from previous titles, and it worked.

IGN - Lucy O'Brien - 9.3 / 10.0

Across a vast and beautiful open world, Horizon: Zero Dawn juggles many moving parts with polish and finesse. Its main activity - combat - is extremely satisfying thanks to the varied design and behaviors of machine-creatures that roam its lands, each of which needs to be taken down with careful consideration. Though side questing could have been more imaginative, its missions are compelling thanks to a central mystery that led me down a deep rabbit hole to a genuinely surprising - and moving - conclusion.

M3 - Billy Ekblom - Sweedish - 9 / 10

Horizon: Zero Dawn doesn't reinvent the wheel – but delivers an immersive action experience, set in a gorgeous world with lots of mysteries and thrilling encounters.

Metro GameCentral - GameCentral - 8 / 10

State-of-the-art visuals help create one of gaming’s most entertaining open worlds, even if the gameplay doesn’t quite reach the same standards.

New Game Network - Alex Varankou - 80 / 100

Horizon Zero Dawn offers an entirely unique world and a thrilling experience as an action game, complete with a great story and likeable characters. It doesn't reach its grand RPG aspirations, but the highs are so memorable and entertaining that it's easy to forgive the shortcomings.

Next-Gen Gaming Blog - Ben Ward - 9 / 10.0

A magnificent technical achievement, Horizon Zero Dawn mixes up the open world style in all the right ways, with an intriguing premise that kept me entertained, and which dug its hooks into me the deeper I got into it. A stunning game that deserves your attention.
Plus, it has robot dinosaurs.

NZGamer - Keith Milburn - 8 / 10.0

A journey of pros and cons, but it's one worth taking.

Paste Magazine - Reid McCarter - 6 / 10.0

There is much beauty to see in the game's world—such incredible vision and craft exercised in its conception—but it's subservient to a poor story, lackluster combat and, worst of all, an evident paranoia that players won't appreciate the world Aloy inhabits unless it's put within the context of a laundry list of tasks that have to be completed.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Paulmichael Contreras - 10 / 10.0

Horizon Zero Dawn is an early contender for game of the year. Guerrilla Games has outdone themselves, in astounding fashion. This is a glorious game, the result of a team of masterful artisans who not only had a story that they wished to tell, but a world that was living inside of them which they wanted to share with us all. Now, we get to play inside their creation, and it is a breathtaking experience to behold. A massive, open world filled with equally massive, terrifying robots, juxtaposed against the beauty of the Earth, nature fighting back the darkness as it tends to do. Horizon Zero Dawn is the kind of game you play to get lost in, and can be enjoyed by players of all types. This could be the beginning of a stellar franchise, and there is something for everyone here. If you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to give Horizon Zero Dawn a go.

PlayStation Universe - Kyle Prahl - 9.5 / 10.0

Horizon Zero Dawn reinvigorates open-world RPGs with an excellent story, creative science fiction, and demanding gameplay. Aloy’s debut is one of PS4’s greatest games.

Polygon - Philip Kollar - 9.5 / 10.0

Horizon Zero Dawn feels like a storied developer finally finding its voice

Push Square - Sammy Barker - 9 / 10

Debuts don't get much stronger than Horizon: Zero Dawn. Guerrilla Games' latest borrows liberally from a variety of different sources, and yet it leverages these fundamentals to forge an experience that's daringly unique. The main quest tires a little towards the end, and the writing never hits the same highs as The Witcher 3 – but the tactical action stands leagues ahead of what we've come to expect from the genre, and the presentation is quite simply unmatched.

RPG Site - Natalie Flores - 9 / 10

Through its stunning world, thrilling combat, and heartwarming story, Horizon Zero Dawn is bound to be one of this year's most memorable games.

Shacknews - Steve Watts - 9 / 10

When I began Horizon: Zero Dawn, I was anxious it wouldn't be able to maintain itself for thirty-plus hours. I'm thrilled that fear was unfounded. The play was constantly rich and rewarding, and the mysteries constantly unfolding. I'm left not just feeling satisfied the entire time, but wanting more. This one is something special.

Stevivor - Steve Wright - 7 / 10.0

For all the hype that's been extended to Horizon: Zero Dawn, it hasn't managed to fully deliver.

Telegraph - Kirk McKeand - 5 / 5 stars

If you went into Horizon Zero Dawn without knowing a thing about it, you would never guess that this open-world RPG comes from Guerrilla Games - the studio behind weighty first-person-shooter series, Killzone.

The Jimquisition - Jim Sterling - 9.5 / 10.0

Horizon: Zero Dawn is just brilliant. I speak as a critic who has played more "open sandbox" games than any one human should and has grown so very weary of them. I should have gotten sick of this thing in an hour, but I've been glued to it for days and days and I don't want it to end.

TheSixthAxis - Stefan L - 8 / 10

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a bit of a slow burn, but there’s more to Guerrilla Games’ latest than just its staggeringly pretty graphics. The story surprises as it takes several twists and turns and explores the past, but the games beating heart is with its excellently tense and engaging robotic monster hunting.

Twinfinite - Chris Jecks - 5 / 5.0

Horizon Zero Dawn is a treat to every PS4 owner. Its magical world is a wonder to explore, it controls and looks exceptional, and the unique, modular build of its enemies ensures that combat never gets old.

USgamer - Caty McCarthy - 2.5 / 5 stars

Horizon Zero Dawn is disappointing. It has a story that I struggled to care about (complete with massive expository dumps—yay), a bland protagonist, and overtly repetitive and constraining missions that worked against its open world sensibilities. When Horizon Zero Dawn hit its rare strides—from its gloomy Cauldrons to traveling across its sprawling vistas—it only made me wish the rest of the game were as worthwhile.

VideoGamer - Colm Ahern - 8 / 10

Destroying large robot beasts while frantically switching between weapons is intoxicating, but the strength of Horizon Zero Dawn is in Aloy's engaging quest to find out who she really is.

We Got This Covered - Jowi Meli - 4.5 / 5 stars

Horizon Zero Dawn is a stunningly gorgeous game, an awesome open world action-RPG that overcomes the gameplay conventions of the genre by giving you so many options on how to tackle combat. It does stumble a bit trying to tell a cohesive story, but I was too caught up in exploring all the little details of the world to let that bother me.

Worth Playing - Chris "Atom" DeAngelus - 8.5 / 10.0

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a perfect example of strong, competent and enjoyable gameplay. It doesn't reinvent the genre, but it's a lot of fun to play. The mecha-dino combat is the highlight and represents some of the most enjoyable open-world combat on the market. Burning through powerful foes and looting their corpses for rare treasures captures an excitement rarely felt in open-world games. The rest of the gameplay is somewhat dulled in comparison. A somewhat weak plot drags down the experience but isn't enough to detract from the enjoyment. All in all, Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the better exclusives on the PS4 and a great addition to any PS4 owner's lineup.

Medios nacionales

HobbyConsolas - 9.5/10
Meristation - 9.2/10
3DJuegos - 9/10
AreaJugones - 9/10
IGN Spain - 9 / 10
LaPS4 - 9/10
Vandal - 8.8/10

Nota: iré editante el hilo cada poco tiempo a medida que vayan metiendo más reviews en OpenCritic.

Recordatorio de que tenemos hilo oficial del juego en el foro.

B

Que comience... M.A.R.Z.O.

Josemsar

Vengo a recordar esto.

También lo tengo en inglés si así lo quereis. xDDDD

B

Not bad, el +90 era demasiado xD, de momento 87 en OpenCritic, el 5/10 de USGamer le ha hecho daño para la media.

Enkripted

¿Soy el único que piensa que esto es otro open world clónico pero con gráficos extremadamente buenos?

21 1 respuesta
Netzach
H

Qué tenemos que pensar ahora con tanta disparidad de notas?

1 respuesta
ArThoiD

Juego decente y ya, no creo que nadie esperase una obra maestra.

Las notas parecen ser las adecuadas.

centu

all stuff you've seen before
enjoyable yet overly generic

Lo que se esperaba pues, OTRO aburrido open world.

2 1 respuesta
B

#7 ¿Un 87 de media te parece disparidad de notas? Los únicos que lo han valorado "mal" han sido USGamer y Paste Magazine.

En la línea de las notas que han tenido Nioh y Yakuza 0, que son dos grandes juegos.

B

200 reviews extremadamente buenas, 2 negativas
"Juego decente y ya" "disparidad" "es mierda porque es open world" "Farcry con atalayas móviles"

25 2 respuestas
F

Sigo sumando juegos por los que me pensaría seriamente comprar una PS4. :) :) Si no tuviera tanto pendiente en PC.

Esperaré review de usuarios.

TRuBi

#5 #9 Estáis siendo generosos con el juego.

iCharlie17

Lo ponen muy bien! Me alegro mucho, por juegos como este me compré la PS4 pleb para complementar al pc. Caerá en un futuro cuando ronde los 30 eurillos.

A disfrutarlo

Beethoven

Hay algunos medios que le meten 10/10 y 100/100 madre mía... Qué poca credibilidad.

D

Me espero a Areajugones.

Acu

No se machos, yo viendo cómo ha ido quedando, la pintaza enorme que tiene y el nivel de detalle gráfico que alcanza, tras ver las notas (que no son malas!) no puedo evitar pensar que si en lugar de GuerrillaGames estuviese el símbolo de la espiral azul y blanca el juego se habría catapultado a los 90+ en puntos por la crítica especializada.

Siento traer el debate de siempre al foro, pero es... es muy cantoso.

Fyn4r

It has detective vision, radio towers, skill trees, masked load screens (Tony Hawk's American Wasteland gets no credit for popularizing this in 2005, by the way), and a world map littered with billions of points of interest -- all stuff you've seen before. But after you set up and execute a cunning plan to decimate a pack of giant robot crocodiles and that smile hits your face, it's more excusable

Vamos que no me pierdo nada en otro open world genérico y soso

B

Se consolida con un 88 en los dos recopiladores de reviews, Metacritic y Opencritic.

tfw he acertado con mi predicción, lmao

Kirs90

Pues yo creo que hay bastantes maletines de por medio.

Con tanto marketing y bombo que le ha dado Sony al juego y a Aloy, no me creo que no invirtiesen en que las notas acompañaran también.

H

Yo esperaré a la user score, que es la buena, no? o Horizon ha obrado el milagro y ahora la prensa es creíble?

Coñas aparte, veo mucho midscore, alguna (típica) nota incendiaria y otras pasándose con un perfect score. Lo que más me tiene con la mosca detrás de la oreja es que EG no se moje con la recomendación y suelte cosas así:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is a work of considerable finesse and technical bravado, but it falls into the trap of past Guerrilla games in being all too forgettable

Algo así como juegalo pero mejor gástate el dinero en NieR

1 respuesta
Josemsar

They see me enjoying... They hating...

#21 Todo pa ti

1 respuesta
B

Ah yes, ya tardaba en salir el meme de los maletines. ¿Y dónde se los dejó Sony con este juego?

2 2 respuestas
TRuBi

#23 Esque esa nota está comprada.

Kirs90

#23 ¿Tu has visto a Sony queriendo que Gallahad fuera su nuevo icono? Pues eso.

1 respuesta
B

Los de Destructoid llamando la atención como siempre.

H

#22 me lo recomiendas?

1 respuesta
Turkit0

Pues a mi que no me llama...

B

#25 Claro, y con Knack seguro que no pretendían hacer un Crash 2.0 y mira la media:

Adorable.

1 respuesta
Josemsar

#27 Estando mucho mejor valorado que Bloodborne? SIN NINGUNA DUDA.

Usuarios habituales