Total Realism Overhaul

TRON

Detalles sobre las modificaciones en el sistema de combate para magos:

I plan on drastically changing mage gameplay. Defensive barriers will be very important against other mages, dragons, even archers, while casting spells will in most cases take a while to prepare, but result in something devastating. The biggest issue is that there is no way to easily calculate spell damage (and thus sidestep the vanilla system like with melee/archery). So I will probably leave the vanilla damage system in, maybe improve it here and there, and increase the overall damage of the spells, alter their casting times and add physics and other effects to the spells so that there is a reason to use one or the other. For example fire spells being very slow to prepare but devastating, while frost spells will not do that much damage but will be an excellent crowd control measure, and lightning somewhere in the middle, maybe a good choice against single opponents due to their chance to stun and moderate damage.

So you will want to open with something nasty if you got the time, but if not, you may want to switch to something that will either give you more time or otherwise be more suitable for the situation at hand. Add also that casting spells will be difficult if heavily armored (lots of fizzling) without specialized perks (battlemage ftw - but only for destruction spells), and that moving while casting spells may lead to unfortunate events... all that should make things interesting for mage players.

Pinta MUY bien.

Luego habla de las dagas, que parece que al estar oculto serán devastadoras, pero que en combate cuerpo a cuerpo, obviamente las espadas serán superiores:

As for daggers, they still remain the only weapon you can effectivelly assasinate with (backstab, sneakstab). So there is a reason to use them. But for straight up combat, a sword is always better than a knife.

hamai

Joder, que megahype me ha entrado con este mod, y mira que hace tiempo que no jugaba al Skyrim.

¿Por ahora solo tiene lo de supervivencia, cierto?

1 mes después
Wopz

¿Alguna novedad?

1 respuesta
TRON

Su último post del día 12:

Damn... I've been so busy with RL, haven't even had time to check the mod page. Thanks for the heads-up... I think a new patch will be up together with the alpha of Combat Overhaul, so sometime near the end of the month.

Estamos a 17 y yo por no lo menos no he visto ninguna actualización o alpha del CO :(

P.D: Deseando estoy de que saque el CO :x

21 días después
TRON

I got good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I won't be able to release the 0.1a just yet. But, the reason is good news, which is that I yesterday managed to create a whole new way of enabling the AI to react to and anticipate player moves. Current combat mods using scripts usually rely on the onHit events to do their stuff like dodging and blocking, but that's always reactionary - meaning the hit HAS to happen for a block animation or a dodge animation to occur. The consequence is that, especially with this mod, you get a confusing result, the hit obviously connects but no or little damage is applied and the NPCs raises their weapon to block AFTER you have already hit them. It is confusing and it's not really a good solution.

The new system enables NPCs to detect when their enemy (not just the player) is attacking them, and react BEFORE the attack happens. This makes blocking and dodging have a much more profound impact on gameplay. It is also essential for this mod, because without it the new combat system actually makes the game ludicrously easy. Now NPCs with shields will raise them if you aim your bow at them, those with melee weapons will try to block if they see you swinging wildly at them, or bash you if you're too close etc.

That said, there is a lot of tweaking to be done, right now the whole detection and reaction system is too slow, there is no lag, but I want NPC behavior to be closer to that of the player, which isn't happening right now (for example they almost never intercept a fast slash which is also a first strike), and there are minor bugs, like NPCs getting stuck in a blocking position or strafing/dodging not happening when the player is aiming a bow at a NPC who has no shield. I also need to code in a whole bunch of other conditionals to make combat as varied and interesting as possible.

All that taken into consideration, there is no sense in releasing 0.1a now, since the new dynamic classification system does away with the majority of possible bugs concerning unbalanced boss fights and in it's current state the combat is just not what I want to show to people. It needs more work.

I won't be available for the next two weeks, after I get back I'll continue work on this. Overall I'm quite pleased with the direction this is going, I think in the end it's going to be quite fun to play, but for now have a little more patience. Good stuff musn't be rushed.

26 días después
fuNN

Entonces el mod esta ya mas o menos acabado para ponerlo?

3 meses después
Wopz

¿Esto al final en que quedo? ¿Llego a salir?

1 respuesta
TRON

#97 Está bastante parado. El autor avanza muy poco a poco con pausas cada 2 x 3.

1 respuesta
s3niK

#98 Pues en la web oficial del mod se puede descargar una primera versión del mismo con cientos de cambios en el juego...
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/462397-total-realism-overhaul/
Edito: solo ha subido el mod de momento de necesidades basicas, ok soy un trol.

Sanxac

Menudos roleplays me voy a meter.

Usuarios habituales

• TRON
  • Yerboth
  • JaMaN
  • Luckyno
  • Bidroid
  • guillauME
  • Sunete